Anyone else broken the apparent 71.2 million $ cap on PPV?

I think it may have something to do with London or the British Isles. Both times I have hosted a card in London which obtained a 100% commercial rating it has also netted $80 mil. I checked a couple other countries/areas and have found Canada to cap at 71.2, while Japan seems to cap at 45.6 mil. I think all my previous cards had been in the US. Time to run some tests. More to come...

<p>So, it appears the PPV revenue cap varies by country/area, regardless of the strength of the broadcaster. Maybe everyone else was already aware of this, but it seems pretty weird to me. If a broadcaster has enormous range in every country/area, why would the location of the fight have as much as a 34.4 million $ effect on the PPV revenue? The caps appear to be as follows:</p><p> </p><p>

Africa - 80 million</p><p>

America - 71.2 million</p><p>

Asia - 45.6 million</p><p>

Australia - 45.6 million</p><p>

British Isles - 80 million</p><p>

Canada - 71.2 million</p><p>

Central America - 71.2 million</p><p>

Europe - 80 million</p><p>

Japan - 45.6 million</p><p>

Mexico - 71.2 million</p><p>

Russia - 80 million</p><p>

South America - 71.2 million</p><p> </p><p>

Does anyone know if the home location of your company has anything to do with this? All my testing was conducted with a company based in the US.</p>

<p>To clarify, there is no hard cap on PPV Revenue. The only cap on money is on a company's overall finances.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42637" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone know if the home location of your company has anything to do with this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your location does limit how much money you can get due to time zones.</p>

<p>I appreciate the info. If there is no hard cap on PPV revenue though, I'm still confused. I can't seem to find a way to get a card to generate more than 80 million in PPV revenue. I've tried it when my company has nearly a billion dollars and when my company is nearly bankrupt. Whether I have one high-level-international "superb main event", or an entire card stacked with 20 such fights, I still can't crack 80 million. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? </p><p> </p><p>

With regard to time zones, is it that the areas closest to Greenwich Mean Time will perform best because they allow for the most even distribution of broadcast times around the world?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="xamdam" data-cite="xamdam" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42637" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> I still can't crack 80 million. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why do you think you are doing anything wrong? If you can't get past 80 million then that's probably the best possible amount of money available. That doesn't mean there's some hard-coded cap that stops you going any further, it just means you've done the best you can. Obviously the amount has to stop <em>somewhere</em>!</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="xamdam" data-cite="xamdam" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42637" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>With regard to time zones, is it that the areas closest to Greenwich Mean Time will perform best because they allow for the most even distribution of broadcast times around the world?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. If you run an event in the US then the areas closest to it in time zones will have less disruption to its viewership whereas those with the most different time zones will have the maximum disruption, for obvious reasons. If you run it in the UK, then obviously you're unlikely to get many viewers in Australia because of the time difference. If you run one in Europe then that won't have much affect on the UK. Etc, etc.</p>

Archived