angle ratings

When I do my angles I like to rate people on the skills that they would use in that segment (entertainment, selling, menace, microphone etc.) rather than just rating them on overness as I feel that's a more realistic way to play even if it means I don't get the best ratings and I like the fact that Kevin Owens then delivers a better promo than Finn Balor, despite the fact they are equally over in my game, as Owens is a much better promo.

However what I want to know is does popularity play a part in determining a segments rating even if you have them rated on entertainment, menace etc or are these segments solely rated on the area you have chosen to rate it on?

I just wondered whether it worked in a similar way to matches in that popularity and ability are both used to determine a match rating and whether in an angle popularity and the chosen rating are taken into account or if it is just on that chosen rating?

This is covered in the in-game Players Handbook (go to Your Company -> Payers Handbook tab) in the section labelled "How Angles Are Rated". :) A rough answer is it's 40% the selected skill and 60% overness... with factors such as momentum and star quality playing in too. :)

Archived