PPV Buyrate Dropping???

So, I had some pretty rough spots in my 21CW game. Due to poor booking decisions and a declining industry and economy I fell to Cult size. Near the end of the year I rebounded back to National with a huge amount of momentum as I was able to book through the rough patches. However, the last two months my PPV buyrates have been in the toilet for seemingly no explainable reason? It's causing me a lot of issues at this point.

I'm really curious if anyone has seen anything like this before. I'm getting 7.0 ratings at minimum for my 2 A shows, and I'm still getting 22k average attendance at the actual PPV event, so I have no clue. Any ideas?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DCEnygma" data-cite="DCEnygma" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42835" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, I had some pretty rough spots in my 21CW game. Due to poor booking decisions and a declining industry and economy I fell to Cult size. Near the end of the year I rebounded back to National with a huge amount of momentum as I was able to book through the rough patches. However, <a href="http://imgur.com/a/ar4FT" rel="external nofollow">the last two months my PPV buyrates have been in the toilet for seemingly no explainable reason</a>? It's causing me a lot of issues at this point.<p> </p><p> I'm really curious if anyone has seen anything like this before. I'm getting 7.0 ratings at minimum for my 2 A shows, and I'm still getting 22k average attendance at the actual PPV event, so I have no clue. Any ideas?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you running multiple PPVs a month?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-cite="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42835" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you running multiple PPVs a month?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have a 1 hour show every week that's shown in the US on MySelect USA. It generally gets at best 0.01 but it does give me a bit of US exposure on show that got none. Would that be affecting it? I don't have my events through MySelect so I wouldn't expect it to? It's also broadcast on Commercial TV in the UK and Europe.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42835" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Or having PPV caliber main events on TV?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I do have highly rated TV shows and PPVs, but I've been doing that for months and it's just now having an impact, which would seem strange. In fact I had more B+ ratings on TV before when buy rates were higher.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42835" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there an era active? You can check this in the in game editor under eras. If so, ppv buys might be low.<p> </p><p> How is the economy and wrestling industry doing?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No eras. Economy is rising (was at F is now up at E-) and Wrestling Industry is falling (D+ now was at C- just a couple months ago). That said, my TV ratings have been going up not down and my ticket sales at shows have remained stable if not slightly increasing.</p>

I think it's because the economy and industry are in the shits. I'm about 8 years into a RW created fed. Made it to national, top of the world. PPV's were doing incredible. Then the economy collapses and the industry sinks, my booking is so dope that my popularity still increases world wide, but my PPV number drop down to what they looked like during the cult level days. When things turned around, my PPV numbers were incredible. Just find a more reliable source of income during these hard times brother. I own four development territories and bring in over 2 million a month usually with them. Granted, one of them is NJPW, which I bought after they fell to cult after AJPW won the national batle. You can control how many shows a touring company does a week so you can really train up and comers well and make a shit load of money.

Archived