Progressging Storylines how often?

So im playing COTT as WWF.

Ive one A show (RAW 2hr long)

Two B Shows (Superstars and Heat both 1hr long)

12 PPVs (4 that are 2.5-3hrs long 8 that are 2-2.5hrs long)

Now the WWF product expects at least two storylines over 75 heat and when the MOD starts I believe theres 6 active Storylines, two of which are over 75.

The Issue I have is how often do I have to progress the storylines? and will progressing them on B shows help?

If the B shows does help then I can simply pick my two top heat storylines and run them on RAW, while then splitting the other 4 storylines over the other two shows. Is that a good way of doing it? as in my mind the B line story's would then gradually end up on RAW and its a way of rotating them. Also is progressing them weekly enough?

Oh and im not looking at doing another A show yet, as im trying to keep to the era and thus WWF only had one flag ship show which was RAW. I could tho make Superstars 1.5hrs long rather than 1hr, as that will eventually become my Smackdown show

so advise please and tips

I think story importance is a key factor. Your top stories should be advanced every week on your A show, in my opinion, just because they lose a little bit of heat whenever they aren't featured on a show. Lower feuds could possibly be done on a bi-weekly basis or rotated between A show and B show. You don't want a lower midcarder who isn't great at talking delivering a promo on Raw, but why not on Heat? A trick from reality though is to run a highlight reel. I'm currently working my way through the Attitude Era on the Network and a lot of storylines aren't actively promoted on both Raw and Smackdown. They might have something happen on Raw between two wrestlers who then don't appear on Smackdown. They run a highlight reel and briefly talk about it, though, just to keep the audience up to speed. Maybe incorporate more video packages into your shows.

jean-vic that's also what I do. Run 1 vs 1 Video packages with both superstars set to off-screen.

Although storyline heat doesn't drop if you skip 1 show. They only drop if you skip 2. It also doesn't matter if you don't advance any storylines on your B-Shows since the final grade is completely irrelevant (as you receive no pop gains or losses).

Therefor if you advance a storyline on Raw, you can then skip it on Superstars and run a 2-3 minute highlight package of the storyline on Heat. Then you can advance it again on the next Raw.

Also, you can indeed advance storylines on a B-Show. As long as it is not a Pre-show or Post-show segment, you can advance a storyline on any kind of show (including non-televised events).

I'm pretty sure it tells you how to go along on the storylines screen:

"You are expected to advance at least two storylines pr show with either a major angle or a match"...

Since B-Shows have no effect on your popularity, I don't think they count.

Yes it does say how I need to advance but that was my issue as I weren't sure if the B shows counted

jean-vic that's also what I do. Run 1 vs 1 Video packages with both superstars set to off-screen.

Although storyline heat doesn't drop if you skip 1 show. They only drop if you skip 2. It also doesn't matter if you don't advance any storylines on your B-Shows since the final grade is completely irrelevant (as you receive no pop gains or losses).

Therefor if you advance a storyline on Raw, you can then skip it on Superstars and run a 2-3 minute highlight package of the storyline on Heat. Then you can advance it again on the next Raw.

Also, you can indeed advance storylines on a B-Show. As long as it is not a Pre-show or Post-show segment, you can advance a storyline on any kind of show (including non-televised events).

The Video angles make sense, and so you're saying that B shows can advance storylines but not company pop? I assume they help improve wrestler pop tho? otherwise what is point of B shows?

<p>B-Shows are to give your lower level worker something to do and they do indeed increase worker popularity, albeit at a slower pace than A-Shows and Events.</p><p> </p><p>

The fact that they don't affect company pop at all gives you carte blanche to do whatever you want on those shows, so they're good testing grounds. You can try out certain worker combinations, test out main events, search for chemistry, and avoid workers getting angry from not being used.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42928" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>B-Shows are to give your lower level worker something to do and they do indeed increase worker popularity, albeit at a slower pace than A-Shows and Events.<p> </p><p> The fact that they don't affect company pop at all gives you carte blanche to do whatever you want on those shows, so they're good testing grounds. You can try out certain worker combinations, test out main events, search for chemistry, and avoid workers getting angry from not being used.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That makes sense and I guess being a show you'd get better results than you do when using Dark matches</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="seminoledozer" data-cite="seminoledozer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42928" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>still unclear if b shows count against you needing to progress a storyline every two shows. anyone tested this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> YEp I agree..... still uncertain if it basically means id have to run story on RAW then on Sunday heat, then back to RAW, but I guess like mentioned earlier HEAT could simply be a video package, which HEAT kinda was anyways. It had a couple of matches while being more or less a catch up show, at least that's how I remember it in the UK on ch4. Also to keep realism I can then do a major angle on the show before the PPV</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The_Monk" data-cite="The_Monk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42928" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>YEp I agree..... still uncertain if it basically means id have to run story on RAW then on Sunday heat, then back to RAW, but I guess like mentioned earlier HEAT could simply be a video package, which HEAT kinda was anyways. It had a couple of matches while being more or less a catch up show, at least that's how I remember it in the UK on ch4.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As someone who watched Heat in the US, I can confirm that was absolutely what Heat was on this side of the Atlantic as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="seminoledozer" data-cite="seminoledozer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42928" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>still unclear if b shows count against you needing to progress a storyline every two shows. anyone tested this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can't remember if it was changed in a patch, but a few patch versions ago (the last time I ran a big promotion) B Shows were included. Meaning you have to advance a storyline once every 2 shows to avoid losing heat. That includes any kind of show A, B, Live Event, or Special.</p><p> </p><p> The heat you lose for running a storyline once every 3 shows isn't major though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="seminoledozer" data-cite="seminoledozer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42928" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>still unclear if b shows count against you needing to progress a storyline every two shows. anyone tested this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I always have a storyline or two that run only on B shows and will never ever been seen on an A show.. I use them to give a small boost of popularity to lower midcarders and openers. They do advance the storyline.</p>

Archived