Kansas Championship Wrestling- A new, unique concept

Tuesday Throwdown, Week 3, Nov. 2016

Held in City Bank Auditorium, Lubbock, TX

Attendance- 2,189

Time for me to run the next show, and this will be a no graphics post, as I mentioned earlier. The highlights will be taken from my eyes only. 9 incredible matches (I hope) so let's get to it.

Mid-South Women's Tournament Match

Lei'd Tapa (3 points) vs. Santana Garrett (0 points)

Tapa dominated this match from start to finish, but accidentally shoved the referee down in the process. This resulted in a disqualification victory for Garrett, who picks up her lone 2 points in this Women's Tournament.

Rating: 30

In-Ring Performances

Santana Garrett- 40

Lei'D Tapa- 19

Garrett did a great job selling the powerless victim, while Tapa was way off her game tonight.

Mid-South World Heavyweight Tournament Match

Crimson (4 points) vs. Perry Saturn (6 points)

Crimson needed a win here to ensure a spot in the Semifinals and a possible First Round bye, and he got it, pinning Saturn after an Exploder Suplex.

Rating: 37

In-Ring Performances:

Crimson- 42

Saturn- 25

Mid-South Cruiserweight Tournament Match

Little Guido (1 point) vs. Shannon Moore (2 points)

Shannon Moore carried this match in the ring, but despite that, these 2 athletes showed great chemistry working together. In the end, it was Moore that came through with the victory, pinning Guido after a Mooregasm to get 3 big points.

Rating: 42

In-Ring Performances:

Shannon Moore- 48

Little Guido- 27

Mid-South Women's Tournament Match

Mickie James (6 points) vs. Melina Perez (3 points)

A decent match here, as Melina just needed to win to advance to the semifinals, and she did. Although not the clean victory I was hoping for, she got the pin over Mickie James by hitting her with a foreign object to steal (literally) 3 points and the top seed out of Pool A.

In-Ring Performances:

Mickie James- 49

Melina Perez- 40

Mid-South Cruiserweight Tournament Match

Sonjay Dutt (4 points) vs. Rockstar Spud (2 points)

Another match that had some decent wrestling, the fans were treated to a fine display by both men. In the end, Spud got the pinfall with a 5 Stone Spud Splash, getting 3 points and advancing to the Cruiserweight Semifinals out of Pool A.

Rating: 49

In-ring Performances:

Rockstar Spud- 51

Sonjay Dutt- 45

Mid-South World Tag Tournament Match

The Bro-Mans (4 points) vs. Cryme Tyme (4 points)

A very important match here, as the winner would advance to the World Tag semifinals as the top seed out of pool A, while the losing team would have to wait to see. Another match with decent wrestling, but Cryme Tyme continued to stay hot when Shad Gaspard pinned Jessie Godderz after an STO. Cryme Tyme clinches the top seed from Pool A with this win.

Rating: 43

In-ring Performances:

JTG- 46

Robbie E- 46

Shad Gaspard- 44

Jessie Godderz- 34

Godderz was the weak link in this one, which disappoints me because I think he has a very high ceiling.

D'Lo Brown (3 points) vs. Sim Snuka (3 points)

With all 4 competitors in Pool A even at 3 points, it's pretty simple, win your match by any means and advance to bracket play. D'Lo Brown took the first step tonight, beating Snuka with the Sky High to clinch advancement in the World Heavyweight Title Tournament. Now he has to wait around for the Gunner/Rob Terry match next week to see if A. He wins the group, and B. If his 6 points will be enough to get a First Round Bye.

Rating: 44

In-ring Performances:

D'Lo Brown- 50

Sim Snuka- 32

Mid-South World Tag Tournament Match

Motor City Machine Guns (0 points) vs. British Invasion (2 points)

An outstanding match that the crowd somewhat got into. These 2 teams are no strangers to each other, and they put on a fantastic display. In the end, the British Invasion kept MCMG pointless in this tournament, as Doug Williams hit the Chaos Theory on Alex Shelley and pinned him. With the win, British Invasion clinch the runner-up spot in Pool B and will face the Pool A winner in the World Tag semifinals.

Rating: 61

In-ring Performances:

Alex Shelley- 64

Chris Sabin- 62

Magnus- 58

Doug Williams- 58

Even though the match was a classic (at least by Mid-South Wrestling standards), Magnus was a bit off his game. I'll have to watch his performance in the coming weeks. More than likely he wasn't happy that I put Melina over his wife Mickie James earlier tonight.

Charlie Haas (0 points) vs. Rikishi (1 point)

In a match that meant nothing but pride, as both men have been eliminated from title competition, it showed in the ring, at least on Rikishi's part. Rikishi won the match with a Rikishi driver, picking up 3 points that will help for ranking purposes, but nothing else.

In-ring Performances:

Charlie Haas- 58

Rikishi- 28

I feel bad for Haas. He owned the in-ring performance tonight, but a roll of the dice cost him the victory. I feel like I should rethink my strategy to let the dice decide this entire dynasty, but man it makes it so much easier, and so far only 2 people have complained at how the results have played out. More on this topic later. Rikishi was visibly getting tired towards the end, which doesn't bode well for the future as this was only a 7 minute match. Hmm.

Angle- Rikishi Celebrates

Rikishi, doing what he does best, tried to send the crowd home happy by celebrating and doing his trademark dancing to end the show. Unfortunately, it was even more of a flop than his match.

Rating: 38

Final Show Rating: 45

This show increased our popularity in 10 regions.

Mid-South Behind the Scenes

We've got some problems in the locker room, and I've got a major dilemma.

-- After the Rockstar Spud/Sonjay Dutt match, it was clear to me that Spud wasn't right. I made him go see a trainer, and as expected, the news wasn't bad. A spinal disalignment which could see Spud on the shelf for quite some time. No idea how long he's going to be out, so if it's going to be long term, I get to figure out what to do about the Mid-South Cruiserweight Semifinals, as Spud was to be a part of that.

-- The reason for Spud's injury? Go figure, another botched move from Sonjay Dutt. The locker room is pissed at him, and it's gotten to the point where I've had to give him a separate locker room just so he doesn't get his ass beat either before or after a show. I'm giving him some time off. I'm going to pay him to stay away from the company for 1 month. To my surprise, he took the news well, saying he would use his time off to attend some seminars on how to be a safer in-ring worker.

-- I've also given Spud a $5,000 bonus for the time he's going to miss being able to perform, not only with us, but with TNA as well. This made him happy, now to find out the extent of his injury and see how long he'll be out.

-- This weeks edition of Tuesday Throwdown earned a 0.01 rating again. After all the tournaments are over, I'm definitely going to be scouring the world to find new talent that our fans can relate to, as the talent we have now isn't getting it done. Sure, our popularity is increasing in regions, but we need to do better. Granted, the afternoon time slot has a lot to do with it, but we can't go from a 0.04 to a 0.01 and be happy.

-- I have signed an on-screen authority figure, who will debut at next weeks show. His first order of business: The Mid-South Cruiserweight Tournament semi-finals.

-- I finally figured out how to see the length of injury for Rockstar Spud, by going to Medical. He's out 51 more days, so this definitely eliminates him from the Mid-South Cruiserweight Semifinals.

Guys, please give me some comments and opinions on what you think about this new format of mine. I think I'm going to keep it like this, and again, only add graphics for really important news or something. It'll go quicker that way too, I'll be able to get more than 1 show done every 2 weeks. I would like some interaction, so I'm going to be posting some polls and maybe some backstage meetings as well. Not trying to steal anybodys ideas, but I've picked up a lot of good stuff in reading other dynasty reports. But please, let me know what you guys think of this one so far, thanks.

<p>I will be running the next edition of Tuesday Throwdown tonight, and here's the card:</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South Women's Tournament</span></p><p> </p><p>

Pool B Matchups:</p><p> </p><p>

Angel Williams vs. Sexy Star</p><p>

ODB vs. Madison Rayne</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South Cruiserweight Tournament</span></p><p> </p><p>

Spike Dudley vs. Mike Mondo</p><p>

Christian York vs. Gregory Helms</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South World Tag Tournament</span></p><p> </p><p>

All Night Express vs. The Von Erichs</p><p>

LAX vs. Blue World Order</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South World Heavyweight Tournament</span></p><p> </p><p>

Pool B Matchup:</p><p> </p><p>

Gunner vs. Rob Terry</p><p> </p><p>

Pool C Matchups:</p><p> </p><p>

Buff Bagwell vs. Nick Dinsmore</p><p>

Carlito vs. Mr. Anderson</p><p> </p><p>

Aside from those 9 matches, the new Mid-South commissioner will be making his debut. Who will it be, and how will he address the Mid-South Cruiserweight Tournament situation with Rockstar Spud out of the picture for the next few weeks? Stay tuned and find out!</p>

<p><strong>Tuesday Throwdown, Week 4, Nov. 2016</strong></p><p>

<strong>Held in Colorado Springs Auditorium, Colorado Springs, CO</strong></p><p>

<strong>Attendance- 2,372</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South Women's Tournament Match</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Angel Williams (3 points) vs. Sexy Star (0 points)</p><p> </p><p>

Sexy Star put up another gallant effort in this one, but in the end the experience of Angel Williams was too much, as she got the win at the 6:44 mark with a Botox Injection.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 36</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">In-Ring Performances</span></p><p> </p><p>

Angel Williams- 34</p><p>

Sexy Star- 34</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South World Tag Tournament Match</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

All Night Express (3 points) vs. The Von Erichs (1 point)</p><p> </p><p>

The Von Erichs were simply outclassed in this one, continuing to be bottom feeders in the Tag Division, as Rhett Titus pinned Marshall Von Erich in 4:35 after a Frog Splash, giving the All Night Express the victory.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 46</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">In-Ring Performances</span></p><p> </p><p>

Kenny King- 53</p><p>

Rhett Titus- 50</p><p>

Marshall Von Erich- 36</p><p>

Ross Von Erich- 35</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South Cruiserweight Tournament Match</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Spike Dudley (0 points) vs. Mike Mondo (0 points)</p><p> </p><p>

Despite dominating the majority of the match, Mondo suffered a count out loss at the 8:20 mark as he and Spike were battling outside the ring. Mondo threw Spike back in, but didn't make it in himself, as Spike gets his first 2 points of the tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 40</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Mike Mondo- 46</p><p>

Spike Dudley- 27</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South World Tag Tournament Match</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

LAX (2 points) vs. Blue World Order (4 points)</p><p> </p><p>

LAX needed a clean pinfall victory in this one to advance to the semifinals, and they weren't able to get it. This one was a brawl, but it was a poor brawl that failed to keep a lot of fan interest. Despite trying everything to get the pin, LAX fell short when the 10 minute time limit expired, giving both teams a point and sending the Blue World Order to the semifinals. Oy vey!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 45</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Homicide- 55</p><p>

Hernandez- 45</p><p>

Stevie Richards- 41</p><p>

The Blue Meanie- 21</p><p> </p><p>

The Blue Meanie just isn't getting it done in the ring, definitely the weak link. I may have to protect him from now on. On the other hand, LAX, especially Homicide, was exceptionally good.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South Women's Tournament Match</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

ODB (6 points) vs. Madison Rayne (3 points)</p><p> </p><p>

Madison Rayne needed a pinfall or submission victory to force chaos in Pool B of this Women's Tournament. Unfortunately, she tipped her hand and got caught with a TKO by ODB at the 8:41 mark, ending her championship chances and giving ODB the top seed out of Pool B.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 35</strong></p><p> </p><p>

ODB- 39</p><p>

Madison Rayne- 37</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South Cruiserweight Tournament Match</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Christian York (6 points) vs. Gregory Helms (6 points)</p><p> </p><p>

Both men knew going into this match that they would be in the Cruiserweight Tournament semifinals (well, at least they knew they would still be in contention for the title) but that didn't stop them from putting on a fairly quality match. In the end, Christian York prevailed when he pinned Helms at the 7:36 mark to win Pool B.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 41</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Gregory Helms- 50</p><p>

Christian York- 37</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South World Heavyweight Tournament Match</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Gunner (3 points) vs. Rob Terry (3 points)</p><p> </p><p>

The winner of this match would be the 2nd wrestler to advance out of Pool B, and both men beat the piss out of each other, but in the end Rob Terry prevailed at the 4:58 mark as he pinned Gunner after a Choke Slam.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 39</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Gunner- 46</p><p>

Rob Terry- 24</p><p> </p><p>

Despite the win, Terry was really off his game tonight. The chokeslam he delivered to win the match was god awful, one of the worst I've seen from him. I'll have to keep an eye on that.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South World Heavyweight Tournament Match</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Buff Bagwell (1 point) vs. Nick Dinsmore (5 points)</p><p> </p><p>

You know, I'm quickly finding out that when you separate Nick Dinsmore from his Eugene character that he had in WWE, he's actually a decent wrestler. Then again, it didn't help that Buff took him for granted, knocking himself out going for a turnbuckle splash. A Sharpshooter later, and Dinsmore got the submission victory to not only clinch the Pool B Title, but also clinch the #1 seed and a First Round bye in Mid-South Heavyweight Tournament Bracket Competition. Crazy.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 37</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Nick Dinsmore- 48</p><p>

Buff Bagwell- 30</p><p> </p><p>

Carlito (3 points) vs. Mr. Anderson (1 point)</p><p> </p><p>

Mr. Anderson wrestled with a purpose in this match, knowing he needed all 3 points to stay in title contention. And he got it, in what was a decent match, he was able to get the Mic Check on Carlito and get the pin to earn the 3 points and advance out of Pool C.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 48</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Mr. Anderson- 53</p><p>

Carlito- 38</p><p> </p><p>

This match could and should have been rated a lot higher, but Carlito and Mr. Anderson weren't clicking in the ring. Both tried to be the aggressor in calling the match, and their were some sloppy moments. Awkward, to say the least.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Angle- The New GM speaks</strong></p><p> </p><p>

With the crowd beginning to circulate out of the arena, unhappy because they were promised a GM making his debut tonight, suddenly the lights went out. When the lights came back on, standing in the ring was none other than....</p><p> </p><p>

ERIC BISCHOFF!! (I really wanted to get a picture for this huge signing, but photobucket just would not cooperate with me).</p><p> </p><p>

Bischoff spoke for several minutes, saying he was in charge of Mid-South Wrestling and that he would decide any specialty matches, and that there would be different types of matches. There would be battle royals, fatal four ways, and that the point system would not always be the standard 3,2,1,0 that it was for this tournament. He also spoke about the Cruiserweight Tournament. He made the decision to give Christian York next week off, since York finished with a perfect 9 points. He declared Shannon Moore the Pool A winner, with no 2nd place finisher in Pool A (as Spud would have been 2nd place but he is injured). So next week, Shannon Moore faces off with Gregory Helms, with the winner facing Christian York for the Mid-South Cruiserweight Title in 2 weeks. Bischoff ended the show by saying that everybody backstage better get used to it, because the Sheriff was back in town.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 84</strong></p><p> </p><p>

What.. a.. debut! Bischoff was masterful in his interactions with the crowd. All improvised mind you, as he didn't want to be scripted. Simply put, the announcing and color commentary didn't do this segment justice. (I was going to try to play the role of Bischoff, but I didn't want to try and pretend to know what he would say, so I just did a brief synopsis). A heck of a way to end the show, and I know that when Bischoff is on screen, it should be a heck of a rating.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Final Show Rating: 50</strong></p><p> </p><p>

This show increased popularity in 11 regions.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South Behind the Scenes</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

-- I can't be more happy with the way the Bischoff debut was handled. Let me be clear, he was NOT my first choice to be the on-screen authority figure for Mid-South Wrestling. My first choice was Teddy Long, but he chose to retire peacefully.</p><p> </p><p>

-- The fact that Bischoff would even give my little company any mind at all actually amazed me. I was a little skeptical, but that initial 84 rating just proves how valuable he can be. Never mind the fact that he was a big reason in the demise of WCW, and he helped put TNA in the grave. However, he understands that he has no control over the company, that he is an on-screen figure, and that's it. I will continue to let him work without a script as he did so very well.</p><p> </p><p>

-- Another 0.01 TV rating. I have got to figure out a way to get that rating up. I'm hoping having Bischoff on-screen will help. Perhaps a different time slot, different day, different show name, something.</p><p> </p><p>

-- I have contract offers out to 3 talents that are in their last month of their current contracts.. 1 from WWE and 2 from TNA. If I can pick up these 3 (and I think I have a good chance at 2 of them), it should definitely help ratings.</p>

Guys, I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates. I've been battling the flu for a week, and am just now feeling up to par. So I will figure out the tournament brackets and have them posted tomorrow.

I have seen a lot of other dynasties on here that do prediction contests with prizes and stuff, and I'd like to get to the point where I am getting more interaction here, as my plan is to start posting 2-3 cards a week.

So I'm thinking I can set up predictions through every 3 or 4 game months, where you guys make predictions on matches and other things for every weekly show, with the top 2 finishers getting prizes.

Another idea I had is something like the X cup that TNA used to put on, where I allow 4 readers to pick a wrestler from each division (World Heavyweight, World Tag, Women's, Cruiserweight), and then set up matches and stuff with a points system, basically just copying what the real TNA cups used to be like. The winning team would then get to choose a couple of his team members to get automatic title shots. Of course these matches wouldn't count for the promotion rankings, but they would be run on shows along with ranking matches. What do you guys think? If any 4 guys would be interested in picking a team, I'd go with that idea.

Also, feel free to make predictions on any of my shows. If enough people participate, I'll offer prizes there too. Again, this week is swamped with starting spring semester and trying to get healthy, but I plan on running at least 1 more show sometime this week.

<p>Here are the final pool standings for each tournament, starting with the women's tournament. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pool A</span></p><p> </p><p>

(W-L-D, points)</p><p> </p><p>

Melina Perez- (2-1-0, 6 points)</p><p>

Mickie James- (2-1-0, 6 points)</p><p>

Lei'd Tapa- (1-2-0, 3 points)</p><p>

Santana Garrett (1-2-0, 2 points)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pool B</span></p><p> </p><p>

ODB (3-0-0, 9 points)</p><p>

Angel Williams (2-1-0, 6 points)</p><p>

Madison Rayne (1-2-0, 3 points)</p><p>

Sexy Star (0-3-0, 0 points)</p><p> </p><p>

Now for the Cruiserweight Tournament:</p><p> </p><p>

Shannon Moore (2-1-0, 5 points)</p><p>

Rockstar Spud (2-1-0, 5 points)</p><p>

Sonjay Dutt (1-1-1, 4 points)</p><p>

Little Guido (0-2-1, 1 point)</p><p> </p><p>

Christian York (3-0-0, 9 points)</p><p>

Gregory Helms (2-1-0, 6 points)</p><p>

Spike Dudley (1-2-0, 2 points)</p><p>

Mike Mondo (0-3-0, 0 points)</p><p> </p><p>

Now moving to the World Tag Tournament:</p><p> </p><p>

Cryme Tyme (2-0-1, 7 points)</p><p>

British Invasion (1-0-2, 5 points)</p><p>

Bro-Mans (1-1-1, 4 points)</p><p>

Motor City Machine Guns (0-3-0, 0 points)</p><p> </p><p>

All Night Express (2-1-0, 6 points)</p><p>

Blue World Order (1-0-2, 5 points)</p><p>

LAX (1-1-1, 3 points)</p><p>

Von Erichs (0-2-1, 1 point)</p><p> </p><p>

Finally, the World Heavyweight Tournament:</p><p> </p><p>

Crimson (2-0-1, 7 points)</p><p>

Perry Saturn (2-1-0, 6 points)</p><p>

Rikishi (1-1-1, 4 point)</p><p>

Charlie Haas (0-2-0, 0 points)</p><p> </p><p>

Rob Terry (2-1-0, 6 points)</p><p>

D'Lo Brown (2-1-0, 6 points)</p><p>

Gunner (1-2-0, 3 points)</p><p>

Sim Snuka (1-2-0, 3 points)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pool C</span></p><p> </p><p>

Nick Dinsmore (3-0-0, 8 points)</p><p>

Mr. Anderson (1-1-1, 4 points)</p><p>

Carlito (1-2-0, 3 points)</p><p>

Buff Bagwell (0-2-1, 1 point)</p><p> </p><p>

With the top 2 from each pool advancing in the Mid-South World Heavyweight Tournament, here are the seeds:</p><p> </p><p>

#1- Nick Dinsmore</p><p>

#2- Crimson</p><p>

#3- Rob Terry</p><p>

#4- Perry Saturn</p><p>

#5- D'Lo Brown</p><p>

#6- Mr. Anderson</p><p> </p><p>

Dinsmore and Crimson receive byes into the Mid-South World Heavyweight Semifinals.</p>

<p>The next edition of Mid-South Tuesday Throwdown is set to take place sometime in the next couple days, and here's a look at the card:</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South Women's Tournament Semifinals</span></p><p> </p><p>

Mickie James vs. ODB</p><p>

Melina Perez vs. Angel Williams</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South Cruiserweight Tournament Semifinal</span></p><p> </p><p>

Shannon Moore vs. Gregory Helms (winner to face Christian York to crown initial Mid-South Cruiserweight Champion.)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South World Tag Team Semifinals</span></p><p> </p><p>

Cryme Tyme vs. Blue World Order</p><p>

All-Night Express vs. British Invasion</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mid-South World Heavyweight Tournament First Round</span></p><p> </p><p>

Rob Terry vs. Mr. Anderson</p><p>

Perry Saturn vs. D'Lo Brown</p><p> </p><p>

If anybody wants to make any predictions on this card, like I said I'm willing to start a prediction challenge. I'd love to get you guys involved.</p>

Archived