Looking for ideas on seeing up a custom real world promotion

I've never really been able to get as into TEW as I hoped. Not for lack of trying or anything to do with the game, I'm just not creative as I thought. I've played the CV, I've done a brand split, I've done a few different things but I haven't been able to get anything off the ground.

So my latest and maybe my last idea is to try make a custom promotion where I can have free reign and not feel stuck with the WWE structure. My thought are to snipe 1 or 2 wrestlers from bigger promotions and have them on written contracts then flesh out the rest of the roster with open contracts. I'm looking for ideas on what size to make the promotion and what area of the US to place the promotion? Not sure if I should start as an ROH/TNA size or go smaller so just looking for advice from people who've done something similar before.

<p>I recall editing the database in TEW10 to make OVW an "independent" instead of being a feeder for WWE.</p><p> </p><p>

I think the answer to your question really lies in what you want to "accomplish" in your game. In other words, if the goal is to always rock huge PPVs and have minimal issue signing new talent, then you want to create a National (or bigger) in the North East or South East. Right? Great talent pools to pull from up and down the coast.</p><p> </p><p>

I personally prefer to start off as a Regional/Cult size company.</p><p>

I like to see if I can grow to National or better. </p><p>

(Caveat - my 1989 WWE game in TEW10 is still one of my faves!)</p><p> </p><p>

If you are editing a RW database for your project, I'd be happy to exchange booking ideas with you any time! (I dont play the Cornell Universe so I cant be any help there. LOL)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43225" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I recall editing the database in TEW10 to make OVW an "independent" instead of being a feeder for WWE.<p> </p><p> I think the answer to your question really lies in what you want to "accomplish" in your game. In other words, if the goal is to always rock huge PPVs and have minimal issue signing new talent, then you want to create a National (or bigger) in the North East or South East. Right? Great talent pools to pull from up and down the coast.</p><p> </p><p> I personally prefer to start off as a Regional/Cult size company.</p><p> I like to see if I can grow to National or better. </p><p> (Caveat - my 1989 WWE game in TEW10 is still one of my faves!)</p><p> </p><p> If you are editing a RW database for your project, I'd be happy to exchange booking ideas with you any time! (I dont play the Cornell Universe so I cant be any help there. LOL)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks! I'm looking to start small and see how it goes. Booking something like WWE doesn't do it for me as there's too much to do so I'm hoping something smaller works for me.</p>

<p>Agreed! </p><p>

I guess, as long as you are building the 'universe', you can give your self 2 or 4 Written contracts.</p><p>

The bad news is that it eats up your budget.</p><p>

But the good news is you wont see them get signed away to larger feds.</p><p> </p><p>

(When I did my WCCW fed, the NWA and WWF kept taking all my top talent!! LOL)</p>

Archived