Eras & Potential for Modding

I had a sudden thought while watching Axs Fights regarding the Era system. The idea I have is can you use the Era system to limit the types of fighters generated in a region? For instance, making it so the game will not generate SHW's in Japan (or if it does, very few).

If you can do that, then you could tailor data in such a way to reflect the actual world of MMA in how fighters actually fill weight classes instead of leaving it to the chance of the RNG.

So far my tests are iffy with a fresh database. I've successfully gotten it so no random fighters generate for the dummy promotion, but I can't seem to reverse that for other regions. If anything it seems bugged as I can't seem to get two different regions to have two different "rule sets" without one of them changing their region to the other. And when I try to sim for any length of time the game hangs at processing random incidents.

Anyone tried this before? It could be a massive step forward for real life data mods if it can actually work.

Archived