Question About National Battles

I've been tinkering with some spreadsheets for my 1997 save file, and I've been trying to create a section for my roster that calculates worker draw so that I can better simulate reality by pushing based on draw rather than pop alone (there are plenty of wrestlers who are/have been over but didn't draw money). I've done this following the National Battle explanation. Within that explanation, a company's draw is said to be the "average popularity in that area multiplied by ten times the Star Quality). In my spreadsheet, I placed my 1999 WWF's average pop in the US in the spreadsheet and multiplied by the combined Star Quality of my top five main eventers. This gave me a draw of 333257.4545. However, the draw shown on the National Battle screen is 4,002. 4,002 is the sum of my top five Star Quality ratings. So, am I being thick, or is the explanation of national battles wrong, because the game seems to be only taking Star Quality into account?

<p>The best I can figure it out, it is the average popularity in a region, multiplied by one tenth the popularity. </p><p> </p><p>

So if your Top guy has a 97 popularity in each region in the country you are in, and he has 95 star quality, he would count as 922 points in the national battle. That formula seems to be almost perfect, as far as I have looked at it.</p>

It's their average popularity in one area (their US popularity, for example) multiplied by star quality... then divided by 10. I'm not sure how the game has managed to get such a bad explanation in there (because I'm sure it used to be clearer) but that's the formula you're looking for. :)

Archived