Vignettes for new workers

Has anyone tried using vignettes for debuting workers? While highly effective in real life, I have my doubts as to how effective they'd be in TEW. With low pop, the angles would tank. Just curious to see if anyone has done this and what the result was.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gord" data-cite="gord" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43333" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anyone tried using vignettes for debuting workers? While highly effective in real life, I have my doubts as to how effective they'd be in TEW. With low pop, the angles would tank. Just curious to see if anyone has done this and what the result was.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They get low scores but they improve pop and get the worker on TV which is what you need if they have low national pop. It doesn't destroy your show rating as long as you have other good angles during the show.</p>

You use Angle Writer to make your own and rate it however it best makes sense and gets your workers over. So if popularity is low, how about microphone. Or how about Menace. You can name it "vignette - menace" etc. and save it. You can do a few of them and that way they don't really "debut" until they have done a few of these to get them a few pokes of exposure first.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43333" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You use Angle Writer to make your own and rate it however it best makes sense and gets your workers over. So if popularity is low, how about microphone. Or how about Menace. You can name it "vignette - menace" etc. and save it. You can do a few of them and that way they don't really "debut" until they have done a few of these to get them a few pokes of exposure first.</div></blockquote><p> Angle Writer is one of my favorite features in TEW now, I literally haven't used any pre-set angles in this game at all. It's so much handier when you can make it whatever fits the current situation and with a little imagination the possibilities are endless. And it spares you some time of looking for the right one which was one of my biggest problems with previous games. With that being said, I have used this for vignettes as well. Not for new users but a new gimmick but I'd imagine the method would be same if I ever used one on a new worker, just figure out which one on the "rated on" list would make sense for the type of a vignette I'm looking for. For Big E's bodybuilding gimmick I chose menace because... well he's a big badass bodybuilder.</p>

for me it all depends on how popular the person is already.

If im taking someone already known well then i'll use the vignettes on my A show. However if its someone that isn't too well known then I use them on my B show for about a month, before then another 2-4weeks on my A show.

I usually run a few using angle writer... I tend to pick their best stat for rating it, within reason: I wouldn't use something like selling, for instance, because I'd feel like I'm cheating. I just can't imagine a video package of a worker selling moves would make a good vignette...

... unless he has a stunt man gimmick, I suppose.

This is where the 3-minute minimum for pop gains makes you have to gimmick the angles. Three minutes is a long time for a vignette, but it's necessary in game or else they don't gain any pop.

I can't remember - does setting them to on-screen give any bonuses on angle ratings or pop gains? If so, that would mean gimmicking the angles even more.

Archived