DAMAGED-FREEVERSE verion 2 RELEASED

I am pleased to announce the release of the next installment to the Damaged-Freeverse "add-on". I first want to mention that the work I did is ONLY to add more 'depth" to Mr. Rylands's awesome Cornellverse database and in no means am I trying to disrespect his work. I want to thank a number of people for the help creating this next update.... [b]WILDCAT[/B] did almost all of the logos in the "New Promotions" section (except maybe 2 or 3) and the 32 new ones he did for this release was specially made upon request for this new version. he is a gifted man and I thank him for the work he did for me. [b]ALEC BURKHARDT[/b] helped me by hosting my first release and once more offered his help in hosting this one. I do believe that you can find this new release in his profile list with many other great TEW files. A big thank you. [b]SCOTT FREE[/b] has been missing from the boards for a long while now and that is sad because he did some great work for this database in teh first installment. I am honoring his work by keeping the title of th database as Damaged-Freeverse because he deserves it and I hope he comes back to the boards so we can be graced with his fine artistic talent...thank yuo to him for the work he did in helping create a good number of the characters. I know most people will probably just skip this altogether and just use the logos or pics for their own mods and personal use and that is fine. I do not hold any copyrights to these and don't care personally. All I ask is that you PLEASE show some respect for the work that myself and others put into these logos and pics. Simply ask or acknowledge that the work isn't yours and that the right people get credit for their work! - If anyone uses the logos, PLEASE credit only Wildcat, I had nothing to do with them. - If anyone uses the pics, please credit both myself and Alec Burkhadt for it was Alec who cut them all down to size and myself who backed almost all of them, especially for this latest release. NOW, - this release has 125 new workers that are "blended" into the C-verse databse. - A number of the old pics from the last release have been changed and the stats have been completed redone. - The 4 new promotions that are playable right away have been changed. Only [b]CCW[/b] remains and the 3 new ones are [b]NWA:USA[/b] , [b]NWA:Japan[/b] and [b]FRW[/b]. - There are 76 NEW PROMOTIONS added to the game for a total of 83 when you start the game. - I also inclucluded 29 new TV networks, all of them are very Small local networks that can usually be found airing in every part of the world. It shouldn't be too bad to get a TV deal anymore but even harder to keep it and grow into other markets.... It would be great if people played this and let me know what you thought. I am about to start a new diary to promote it and I feel it is a much more polished and "professional" job then the 1st release. Please do not comment If all you want to do is bash everything that is wrong about it or how much this sucks...I worked hard on it and that would be childish...I can, however, take constructive critism if you have any so feel free to comment thank you very much for your time and enjoy: [B][SIZE=5]DAMAGED FREEVERSE version 2[/size][/b] [url]http://www.s90120014.onlinehome.us/files/tew/DFverseV2.zip[/url]

Quick look see at the stats, good stuff. Stats are balanced better with the Cornellverse. A nit or two: Hellfyre & Brimstone: Are they Satanic characters or Satanic individuals? I'm thinking the former but I would humbly suggest replacing the word individual with the word character. Rick Braddock: Your "powerhouse" only has slightly above average power & strong style. Its your character but it didn't seem to mesh. JMHO. Fireblind: Just a question: Is he not blind anymore or is it a mystery in your universe? Heaven's Rebel: I see he only is a Christopher Daniels clone in name as his stats and pic are totally different. Good move. Overall its very impressive. Honestly I still have more I want to do in the straight up with a few personal alterations Cornellverse to use yours much right now but its certainly on a level better than I can do with my small mod. Would you ever consider just releasing the new stuff as an expansion pack like I'm doing. Not for me, I d/l it and if I want anything in my default data I'll import it. Just seems easier for the people who want new goodies and from my cursory look see there are many new goodies to be had (but I won't "borrow" any for my mod except pics with full credit to Wildcat and Scott Free of course).

[QUOTE=rufas2000]Would you ever consider just releasing the new stuff as an expansion pack like I'm doing. Not for me, I d/l it and if I want anything in my default data I'll import it. Just seems easier for the people who want new goodies and from my cursory look see there are many new goodies to be had (but I won't "borrow" any for my mod except pics with full credit to Wildcat and Scott Free of course).[/QUOTE] He originally sent it to me as a completely separate database with just the new material. As I pointed out, many things cannot be imported: all workers are imported as unemployed free-agents with absolutely no connections to anything or anyone else; all promotions are completing empty of owners, staff & workers; all relationships are erased; tag teams cannot be imported at all; new promotions cannot be imported at all; etc. So as a separate db, much of his work was completely wasted. And even what could be imported would only be slightly useful without each user doing a good deal of editing after importing. About the only things that can be usefully imported without a lot of editing work are free-agent workers, angles, storylines, locations & networks. So if a mod builder is concentrating on those areas, it's fine to just do a separate db; but if you're trying to more directly change the game world, you need to release a completed db. And as I understand it, all the pictures of people in this pack should be created to Damaged1, not Scott Free, as he re-did the pictures. He also says to credit me (almost all the people pics in this & the previous set are from my collections of found poser pics - he & Scot then did the work of rebackgrounding them) but I don't really care. Finding and resizing the 1000 pics wasn't nearly as much work as rebackgrounding the 125+ as he has done.

I misread the pics credit info I confused it with the logo info, thanks. Just to clarify, I was suggesting releasing just the new stuff as an alternative, not as a replacement of the full release. I can understand if he doesn't want to after all his hard work modifying the Cornellverse. I mentioned it because he acknowledged the reality that many will just import the new stuff into their existing data. Lastly another clairification. I plead guilty to not asking before I used several wrestlers in my own little mod and I should have asked first. But I did not try to pass off the work as my own, I credited Lima & Free and the Damagedverse for the pics and for several wrestlers as I credited GG (Gino but the name he used in the database info was GG) for several of the wrestlers and many of the gimmicks. The gimmicks will remain in my next release but the wrestlers that are not mine will be gone. Eagle & Falcon are the only exceptions but their names have been changed as have their stats. Since their strengths & weaknesses and characters are similar I'll give credit.

thanks for the compliments rufas2000 and no problem with that little mess-up of you borrowing the 5 workers....I just posted to clear things up a bit, I wasn't mad. Thanks for the info on a few things I can change. I will look into that before the next release (still not sure If there will be another one yet) I hope some other people have given this a try...if you havem, please post your thoughts take care DAMAGED1

[QUOTE=rufas2000]Just to clarify, I was suggesting releasing just the new stuff as an alternative, not as a replacement of the full release. I can understand if he doesn't want to after all his hard work modifying the Cornellverse. I mentioned it because he acknowledged the reality that many will just import the new stuff into their existing data.[/QUOTE] I see what you're saying now. Actually, it'd probably be easier just to include a list of all the new stuff he's added rather than do an entirely separate release. As it is, the zip file only contains [B]new[/B] graphics (there's a readme that explains to copy all the Cornellverse ones over from the default folder) so there really wouldn't be a size difference between the full data and a separate db with just the new info. For right now, a person could just look at the pictures and get the names of the new wrestlers (although, I think a couple might now directly correspond to the name of the pic), the four new promotions are: Canadian Classic Wrestling, Frontier Revolution Wrestling, New World Alliance: Japan, and New World Alliance: USA. I'm not sure what else there is than can be imported, but I could take a look and write up a list if anyone is interested.

Guest kedrickmclemore
I Love it I think it great damage. I just have one question? I notice there was picture for Davis Quinnton Lima, Duke Davis and Duke Jr. but i couldn't find the workers. What are there original names in the mod?

thanks for the compliments.... - Quinnton Lima's name was changed in the new release to "Quinn-Killah"... - Duke Davis was changed to "Red Davis" at the last minute before the release - Duke Davis Jr. was changed to "Red Davis Jr" at the last minute. - I also found that the pic for "Trickdaddy" somehow didn't get changed either so you may find that one missing. it is included, you will just have to find it and attach it to the profile. thanks again kendrick and I hope you enjoy DAMAGED1

There's a couple of wrestlers who skill sets don't seem to match their descriptions - New Wave Nickerson and Pearl are two who I've noticed so far, but I'm sure there was someone else... edit: Ah yes, Onslaught's 0% for MMA. I wouldn't want to tell him that. edit2: There's also a wrestler (I thik it's Eric Baine) who has weak performance skills in every genre. Not 100% who it is, as I've edited it.

Both Eric Baine & Sgt. Adams have "Weak" for all performance types. May be others, but those are the only two I've noticed so far in game. Also, many workers don't seem able to pull off gimmicks that their descriptions make sound the most likely, although this could be more an issue with the gimmick requirements than with the workers' stats. Finally, it appears that the data includes at least Angles & Storylines from somewhere else that probably should be credited. I'm sure this was just a result of my suggesting you go back and directly incorporate everything into the 'Cornellverse' db since so much of your work couldn't be imported. As a result, you ended up with a db that included everything you had already imported into the default db. Personally, I'm glad as it saves me the trouble of importing angles/storylines. Overall I'm finding it a very enjoyable addition to the Cornellverse. Nice job!

Thanks Alec, as for the work that I should be crediting others for. I redownloaded the original game from the Corneverse website then put everything from my DFVerse into that folder..I am going to go back and check again but I am sure all that I posted was my Dfverse and the Cornellverse..that's it.. If something somehow did slip through and I never credited that person or that person is mad, I am truly sorry as If was never my intent. I do not borrow or use unless I get clearance from someone else thanks for bringing up the mistakes Alec, I will check them out and thanks for the info

I just found out what happened with the angles of my mod I released. It was my intent to ONLY use the original Cornellverse, which I redownloaded, then added my own work. Just before then release I must have imported all the angles I have collected from other great mod builders for my other games into this folder for when I "tested" the data I made. I released it without deleting the new angles and thus they are stuck in there,. It was never my intention to use anyone's work but my own and for this mistake I am deeply sorry. I have already contacted D-Boon's Ghost about the mistake and for anyone else who's angles I "borrowed", please understand that It was a minor error...and I [b]give full credit to those who did the work[/b]... thanks!!!!

Archived