Forcing a company to close?

I've got a mod I'm working on, and I'm trying to force a company to close at a certain time. Even if I hit them with multiple narratives that cause financial crash 10, they refuse to close their doors, and keep running shows. If I check their cash in the editor, they are in the red by a huge amount, but it doesn't seem to effect them.

Any ideas on how to force a closure?

To recap, just because a company has negative money does not mean they will close immediately - that's now how it works in reality, nor in the game. They have to be in debt for a sustained period of time before they will be declared bankrupt. The amount of time differs depending on the company's size and how long they've been in business.

You can't force a closure at a specific time. You can make it likely by putting them in irreversible debt in advance of that period, but that's the closest you can get.

Thanks. I'm able to get them to close about 1.5 years too late, but I guess that's just an inaccuracy I'll have to live with in the mod because of my start date. Historically they should fold just a few months after I start.

Archived