Questions about buying new laptop for TEW

Thinking about buying a new laptop as my current one works rather slow with TEW and other games. Would it be wise to focus more on RAM, or HDD? How much is overkill when it comes to these two factors? What are your specs and how does TEW play on your set up? Thanks in advance!

<p>TEW doesn't require much of anything in the form of specs, really. Being text based, there's not a whole lot there to stress a system. The only thing I could suggest is getting the best processor you can and as much RAM as well. An SSD might help also. But you don't need a lot of power.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm currently playing on an ASUS laptop that I paid a few hundred for on Amazon and its specs are nowhere near high end:</p><p> </p><p>

Core i5 6300HQ 2.3 gig</p><p>

8 gigs of RAM</p><p>

Win 10 64-bit</p><p>

500 gig SSD</p><p> </p><p>

TEW plays fine, even if I do load it up with things that can make it run slower (like tons of tag teams, relationships, and other stuff it has to keep track of). With large databases (like most real world mods and the ThunderVerse), it takes about 4 seconds to move between days. C-verse is about half that time.</p><p> </p><p>

Honestly, I think you'd be better off getting a laptop with specs that will make playing other games better. Those specs will undoubtedly help with TEW as well. Like, I had a GeForce 960m put in this laptop (this was just after the 10-series was rolled out) so it would play MMOs decently as well as TEW, Football Manager 2017, and so on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43905" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>TEW doesn't require much of anything in the form of specs, really. Being text based, there's not a whole lot there to stress a system. The only thing I could suggest is getting the best processor you can and as much RAM as well. An SSD might help also. But you don't need a lot of power.<p> </p><p> I'm currently playing on an ASUS laptop that I paid a few hundred for on Amazon and its specs are nowhere near high end:</p><p> </p><p> Core i5 6300HQ 2.3 gig</p><p> 8 gigs of RAM</p><p> Win 10 64-bit</p><p> 500 gig SSD</p><p> </p><p> TEW plays fine, even if I do load it up with things that can make it run slower (like tons of tag teams, relationships, and other stuff it has to keep track of). With large databases (like most real world mods and the ThunderVerse), it takes about 4 seconds to move between days. C-verse is about half that time.</p><p> </p><p> Honestly, I think you'd be better off getting a laptop with specs that will make playing other games better. Those specs will undoubtedly help with TEW as well. Like, I had a GeForce 960m put in this laptop (this was just after the 10-series was rolled out) so it would play MMOs decently as well as TEW, Football Manager 2017, and so on.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the response. I mainly play games like TEW or Football Manager,and the specs you listed are nothing super high end but they seem to be working for you just fine! Should I look into SSD rather than HDD? What's the main difference? Processing speed?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="azpelayo21" data-cite="azpelayo21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43905" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the response. I mainly play games like TEW or Football Manager,and the specs you listed are nothing super high end but they seem to be working for you just fine! Should I look into SSD rather than HDD? What's the main difference? Processing speed?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> An SSD is faster. No moving parts. Its like a USB drive. Significantly faster read and write speeds. </p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404258,00.asp" rel="external nofollow">https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404258,00.asp</a></p><p> </p><p> My gaming rig with an SSD loads up Windows significantly faster than my more powerful in every way gaming laptop without one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43905" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>An SSD is faster. No moving parts. Its like a USB drive. Significantly faster read and write speeds.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yup. Basically, an SSD is exactly that. I will never use a mechanical hard drive again and I'm hoping the 60 terabyte SSD that Seagate developed becomes cheaper (it's currently $40,000) really quick but in the meantime, 500gigs to 1 tera is really reasonable.</p>

I have a laptop with touchscreen with TEW and think it works really well. I like being able to drag and drop without running out of room on the mousepad or it not registering what I want it to do. Just find it more convenient without having to use the mouse(though sometimes with the computer itself, it can be better to use the mouse, but at least you have the option if you don't want to get fingerprints all over the screen.)

Archived