1987 NJPW Secondary Title?

<p>I am playing a 1987 RW Mod as NJPW. I have the IWGP Heavyweight Title as my Main Event singles title. I also have the IWGP Jr Heavyweight title for "Juniors" but I would like to have a secondary "Floating" title for the heavyweights. This is not a tournament title.</p><p> </p><p>

What would be a good name for the title?</p>

Taking a page out of current day NJPW, maybe the IWGP Intercontinental Championship. Maybe even the IWGP Openweight Championship.

for me it has to be the IWGP Intercontinental Championship, as for me Intercontinental has a more prestigious name

<p>Allowing for a certain amount of Engrish in some of these...</p><p> </p><p>

Young Lion</p><p>

Bullet King</p><p>

Rising Destiny/Destiny Rising</p><p>

Crown Prince/Prince of Japan</p><p>

Full Speed</p><p>

Legend of Inoki/Inoki Legacy (mix to suit)</p><p> </p><p>

There's also the <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_International_Heavyweight_Championship" rel="external nofollow"><span style="color:#000000;"><span style="color:#000000;">WWF International Heavyweight Championship</span></span></a><span style="color:#000000;">.</span></p><p><span style="color:#000000;">

</span></p>

For younger guys, you could do a Supernova/Young Lion Title. Maybe do a yearly tournament for rising talent.

With the number of NJPW tournaments, usually a secondary title isn't needed. The G1 Climax (August), New Japan Cup (March), Tag League (December), Junior tournaments(June, August, November), etc keep everyone moving along without needing a belt for the midcard guys.

Typically guys that aren't in the main feud are either in a blood feud or tag feud. The tournaments set those up for the coming months. The winners of the G1 and NJ Cup get a title shot so those are two built in challengers right there. You can use the tournaments to either heat them up with wins over guys above them or setup future feuds by them getting upset by guys below them.

The Intercontinental title is a safe and logical idea. Or you could make an IWGP International Heavyweight title, a continuation of the WWF International Heavyweight Title that was used off and on. Or start using an Alliance title heavily, which was a thing that was done in those days(can't remember if NJPW is apart of the NWA or not in that scenario). That, or go the Michinoku Pro route and buy a title from a defunct company and claim it as your own.

Archived