Characters becoming negative influences?

So, you're ready to hire a new worker. Backstage morale is important to you, so you filter out those rated as negative influences. You find someone who fills the role you're looking for and offer them a contract. And then, they start causing shenanigans backstage.

Is there any way to predict or prevent this? Or is it one of those random elements that make this game simultaneously addicting and frustrating?

In at least one instance, backstage was 100% with no existing negative influences, so I don't think that was the cause.

You're misinterpreting the terms used. When you're filtering out negative influences, you're removing the people whose very presence causes a penalty. It does not mean that you're removing everyone who could possibly cause disruptions or negative events.

And no, it's not a purely random event. It's still to do with their personality, and you can predict (to a limited extent) who is going to do what by looking at their personality values.

<p>It's just took me by surprise; they start fights, I take disciplinary measures, and then they get the minus in the backstage notes and locker room morale takes a hit.</p><p> </p><p>

Admittedly, I've seen the inverse happen to; backstage morale is so high that negative influences turn around (though there is the occasional backslide).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's just took me by surprise; they start fights, I take disciplinary measures, and then they get the minus in the backstage notes and locker room morale takes a hit.<p> </p><p> Admittedly, I've seen the inverse happen to; backstage morale is so high that negative influences turn around (though there is the occasional backslide).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I keep my backstage morale so high that even wrestlers who it labels as being negative influences in their personal info do not show up as negative on my backstage screen. Of course, I achieve this by having a lot of positive influences, and by only allowing 1 or 2 negative influences to be on the roster at time.</p><p> </p><p> If a wrestler is a negative influence, but their personal info suggests that they are not inherently so, you can usually fix them by improving their morale. The cheapest and easiest way is to compliment them in post-show speeches.</p>

Archived