[Hype] Contenders Through Time

So this came out of nowhere huh?

http://i65.tinypic.com/2nngw5.jpg

Members of the Forum, I present to you my first part of a series of mods I hope to continue. I'll quickly get this out of the way though, this is my first mod so it may be very sloppy so when it comes out if its not good enough tell me, I've seen people not be able to take before criticism on this site and I just wanna say I'm not one of them, If you think my mod is awful thats fine, hell if you think it that bad you wanna puke your own guts out thats fine, I'm fine with any kind of criticism no matter how insulting or mean it is so make your concerns and criticisms public and honest as I'd like to work off people's criticisms so I can improve my work in future. Just to say don't expect the mod to come out anytime soon I'm just putting together most of it while also balancing work and other matters with it, so if the mod goes unreleased by the end of 2018 that doesn't I've given up on it. I will most likely release a beta once all base components have been finished. Now let's move on to the mod.

Contenders Through Time basic info

Contenders Through Time is an alternate history mod based off the Idea that the poet and playwright William Shakespeare invented Professional Wrestling, his famous plays have been translated into storylines and gimmicks of the pro wrestlers in Britain working for Shakespeare with the stories of the former plays altered to apply to the rules and limits of pro wrestling and reality. Contenders Through Time as the name suggests will cover a set of different time periods, 6 in exact in 6 different mods, the first is the start of the timeline the 1603-1624 mod, 1787-1827, 1876-1900, 1914-1939, 1939-1970 and finally 1985-2000 and if these mods are successful enough I'll make a final follow up on the series. Contenders Through Time is an alternate history mod and to be honest an unrealistic one at that, something to expect in these mods is unrelated things becoming related to pro wrestling like the likes of Beethoven working in the industry to a similar role as of Jim Johnston for the WWE, basically your gonna see a lot of the world revolve around pro wrestling, pro wrestling will be seen as influential much like Shakespeare's work which in this timeline is pro wrestling so expect for a ton of major events in world history to somehow be effected or effect the world of pro wrestling.

Backstory

In 1585 a young playwright William Shakespeare debuted a brand new sport he described it as the arena meets the stage, Shakespeare held his first event at the Spaniards Inn to a small crowd since then Shakespeare's sport has grown larger and larger since. Pro Wrestling is considered Britain's national sport being one Queen Elizabeth 1st's favorite pass time being a regular at the Globe Theater cheering on her favorite's like Romeo and his valet Juliet and The company's lead babyface Duncan. The only problem was Queen Elizabeth was not per say in on the sport so when Macbeth beat Duncan for the World Title she had both Macbeth and Lady Macbeth executed in 1602, this was problematic for the industry as having heels die meant no heels. Shakespeare tried to convince her about the sport's well legitimacy and she threatened Shakespeare with execution for playing a sick joke on her, with the queen showing no way of believing the truth the business would have to do or die, or..... have someone else die.

On March 23rd 1603 an unknown man stabbed Queen Elizabeth 14 times, the queen was dead and wrestling was safe for now, enter stage 2 of Shakespeare's plan the King. King James of Scotland was quickly made King James the 1st of England, thanks to the limits of the time Pro Wrestling was only a sport in England and not even heard of in Scotland so this was perfect for Shakespeare's plan, after the coronation of King James on March 24th 1603 Shakespeare had a meeting with the king, Shakespeare explained the rules and entire package of professional wrestling as a whole. In what could be considered a miracle King James loved it he compared it to the theater and was surprisingly in awe of the entire kayfabe aspect of the sport and so King James the 1st became a part of the business. After this a substantial amount of former pro wrestlers sentenced to death by Queen Elizabeth were released from the Tower of London by King James and went on to continue their Pro Wrestling Careers. Now this is where the first mod kicks off April 1st 1603 where will the World of Pro Wrestling go from here?

Notes

*TEW 2016 is not able to have dates before 1900 so for the mods based from 1603-1899 all have a problem so in game it says the year is 1000 years ahead so you'll just have to imagine its 1000 years back.

*All broadcasters will be newspapers until 1900 when radio becomes a thing and then after that TV will replace radio as broadcasters round the 1930's.

*If I have made at least 1 mod and by the time I'm working on the next mod, if a new TEW game comes out I will be converting the series to the new game.

*If a narrative is written weird or has some sort of bias to it that is to match the time period of the game, I'd like to make this still historically accurate in ways of social norms and trends of the time periods

*Just to make this clear I'm not making any promises so if this ends up being nothing (which I hope it doesn't) I'm just saying I never made any promises.

So with all that done I hope you all look forward to my mod.

BETA LINK COMING (kinda) SOON!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ThePepsiPlunge" data-cite="ThePepsiPlunge" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44447" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>why not have them all in one big mod? Or is this WOTI real life edition? I have no clue</div></blockquote><p> Having them all in one mod would be problematic as it wouldn't allow me to fully write the world I want, it also gives anyone who wants to play a certain time period a chance to play it then, instead of having to sim all the way to the time period and even then they may get crashes or less than appeasing results.</p><p> </p><p> Kind of is a bit like a realistic version of WOTI now that I think of it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vtechguy" data-cite="vtechguy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44447" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sounds interesting, if you need any pictures cut let me know</div></blockquote><p> Will do thanks!</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I thought I'd do a quick update as I have big news about the mod.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm going to have to slow down my progress on the mod for now as some serious stuff is happening in my personal life right now. Over the time I'm probably going to finish some stuff on the forum I started such as finally submitting the entire British Isles companies and rosters for OGpistolpete's wrestling at war mod, I might be gone for a weeks or months how long I'll be gone is not clear. So far the mod is going well I've finished most of the minor parts of the 1600's mod I've just gotta do the workers which is a pain in the backside as its hard to find 10th century to 17th century portraits I can use as pics for workers that aren't of known famous people. Just thought I'd do a quick update see ya.</p>

Archived