Team Based Companies / Events

Obviously it's not in the game as a feature, but I've always wanted to do something like this - similar to the old IFL.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Fight_League)

Has anyone else ever done something like this? Are you going to give it another go in WMMA 5?

Aside from that, I'm also looking forward to running country vs country or team vs team reality shows and events. I'm hoping that teams matter more this year (or are more apparent)

<p>I once tried to do this, but in the end it wasn't viable as I made these league tables but fighters constantly changed camp and I had to redo everything. That was in WMMA3. In 4 you have more control over this and you can assign fighters as permanent members of a camp. And then you can start. Unfortunately you can't edit team memberships in-game so you were stuck with the same teams for that game.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't think lots of things will change. We DO know you can do a team vs team Reality TV show, like UFC did recently (with the Blackzillians?), if you want to. "Winners" will also stay longer with the camp so you might see them staying for years. You can also talk fighters into joining a team so you can be sure all the slots are filled in case one comes free.</p>

<p>I tried this in WMMA4 and it was pretty fun..... </p><p> </p><p>

I made a team based company. Rather than use training teams,my teams consisted of fighters from the same country (USA,CAN,UK,AUS,MEX,BRA,JAP,RUS). </p><p> </p><p>

I made the company a regional one and used the editor to populate fighters to fill out the teams in which countries did not have enough fighters. Had 3 Weight classes MW,WW and LW. I had a point system and ran it for 8 or 9 shows cant remember but it was about a year and the Aussie team won. Maybe because I used the editor to populate all 10 members of their team. Anyway it was a ton of fun and 1 fighter from the Aussie team got signed up by Alpha-1 and captured their LW strap and was able to hang on to it for 3 title defenses. I will be trying this again in Wmma5 once I get it.</p>

Archived