WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<p>Sorry if this has already been asked before. Is there any way to change every fighter in the database's preparation / recuperation to max? Without having to do it individually of course.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

edit:</p><p> </p><p>

Nevermind, I should learn to read. Sorry.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you asking what's the point of having fighters matched up with local fighters, or what's the point of having Fighter vs "Local Fighter"?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Huh fighter vs local fighter</p>

Had something pop up, not sure if it's a bug or I messed up when making my database.

I made a new database with a single fed and set up the game to populate a single division of fighters through a few months of in-game simming. Now I'm a couple years down the road and the champion of the game seems to be capped at low level national popularity. I ran him on a title defense that got him about +6 popularity in the US (to get him to 33% nat) and then his next fight he got no popularity at all. He was still getting popularity in the other regions however since he was still high level regional in them (I have a single PPV network set to the highest level in every region in the game, for fun).

My popularity just went up from mid regional to high regional in the US, and is mid regional everywhere else. Is there something I could've missed when making this database that could limit the popularity of fighters? Dude's got 60 marketing by the way, if that matters. :p

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you hyping him? How impressive are his defenses?<p> </p><p> Great fights and early finishes will raise popularity a lot quicker</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nah, not hyping him. His fights have all been good or great.</p><p> </p><p> In any case, I pressed on and after his next fight his popularity rose again. Not really sure what made that happen but it didn't persist at least.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are the point of fighter vs local fighter? Thinking of turning that off but keeping fighter vs fighter turned on. But wanted to know the pros and cons of turning it off first.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From what I can see there is no option for what you want to do. There are 3 options in the option screen affecting local fighters:</p><p> </p><p> Small Local Shows</p><p> Large Local Shows</p><p> Local Naming</p><p> </p><p> Turning off local shows will prevent any fighters from fighting local fighters when the are unemployed (but obviously they will sit inactive until a company in the database hires them). If you leave local shows on you will have fighter vs local fighters until the fighter has 5 fights at which point they will be scheduled against other fighter in the database on local shows if there is an appropriate match up. "Local Naming" just gives local fighters realistic names where possible however they are still local fighters and they do not exist in the database.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From what I can see there is no option for what you want to do. There are 3 options in the option screen affecting local fighters:<p> </p><p> Small Local Shows</p><p> Large Local Shows</p><p> Local Naming</p><p> </p><p> Turning off local shows will prevent any fighters from fighting local fighters when the are unemployed (but obviously they will sit inactive until a company in the database hires them). If you leave local shows on you will have fighter vs local fighters until the fighter has 5 fights at which point they will be scheduled against other fighter in the database on local shows if there is an appropriate match up. "Local Naming" just gives local fighters realistic names where possible however they are still local fighters and they do not exist in the database.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This post is slightly misinforming. Small Local Shows are Fighter vs. Local Fighter exclusive. Therefore, turning that option off would prevent Fighter vs. Local Fighter from happening... although the odd Fighter vs. Local Fighter does squeeze into Large Local Shows which almost exclusively feature fighter vs fighter matchups. Because of this I cannot say for certain whether turning off Small Local Shows would eliminate Fighter vs Local on the Large shows as well or not. But at the very least you would barely have Fighter v Local matchups.</p>

As someone who plays tons of sim watcher games that end up going decades into the future, I have definitely never seen an AI company use the reality shows a single time in any game since the feature has been implemented. I believe it might be designed just for the user.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KholDrum" data-cite="KholDrum" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As someone who plays tons of sim watcher games that end up going decades into the future, I have definitely never seen an AI company use the reality shows a single time in any game since the feature has been implemented. I believe it might be designed just for the user.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep. One of the issues with reality TV shows is that, unless they use people from their own roster, which is actually pretty hard to pull off because there's so many moving parts, reality shows end up putting 16 new workers in the database. That could have a big effect on the game's loading times later on, for actually not much good to come from it.</p>

<p>???</p><p> </p><p>

I'm confused. I am playing SIGMA and looking to buy out XCC. One month they are -$15,000 but won't let me buy them. I raid their ranks to hurt them and take two of their champions thinking their next card will be it. They have their card and I go to buy them suddenly they have over $12 million and are the third richest company. What happened?</p>

<p>Gotta be a glitch?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Martel123" data-cite="Martel123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What was the full XCC card and what was the commercial and critical for the show?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Crit was 72%</p><p> Comm was 47%</p><p> Attendance was 847 ($87,953)</p><p> Broadcast by National Pride TV</p><p> </p><p> Willey Bassett vs Aubrey Bassington-Bassington BW Title Poor</p><p> D'arcy Spode vs Dominic Ash Decent</p><p> Webster Fittleworth vs Phillip Peak Great</p><p> Rodey Wickham vs Mitchell Bryan</p><p> Johns Hatter vs Gus Waters</p>

<p>Donor</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've seen WEFF get 25 million from a fan via random incidents. Did you check their news section?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, yeah some a-hole donor left them $25 million in his will. Gonna quit this one and start over, no way I can compete with three companies with that much cash.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mattduck" data-cite="Mattduck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Crit was 72%<p> Comm was 47%</p><p> Attendance was 847 ($87,953)</p><p> Broadcast by National Pride TV</p><p> </p><p> Willey Bassett vs Aubrey Bassington-Bassington BW Title Poor</p><p> D'arcy Spode vs Dominic Ash Decent</p><p> Webster Fittleworth vs Phillip Peak Great</p><p> Rodey Wickham vs Mitchell Bryan</p><p> Johns Hatter vs Gus Waters</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not surprised at all by the rating of the main event. When I started a BW division in my own company, I took all the best BWs in the world. It took one fight for me to get rid of both Bassett and Bassington because of their fighting style.</p>

Quick question.

What stat dictates how long a fighter stays active before retiring. I know that winning fights is needed for a fighter to keep wanting to fight, but is there something in their stats/traits that will keep them fighting into their mid 40's. I'm basically wanting to have a Randy Couture type run for one of my characters.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Celuwyn" data-cite="Celuwyn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it normal that when one of your fighter get injured, and another send you a email to replace them, they still ask for more money ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah it is. </p><p> </p><p> They don't turn down the fight if, for example, they are a heavy underdog. Says in the Help section.</p>