WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wayne28" data-cite="Wayne28" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know if we turn off generated fighters that no new ones are created. My question is, what if a worked who was in the database prior to the game start was supposed to debut in September 2018, but generated fighters is turned off. Would he still debut?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Generated fighters are characters that aren’t included in the database, but are generated by the game depending on your generated fighter settings. Characters that are in the database but are set to debut after the starting year of the database will still appear in the game regardless of the generated fighter settings.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike Louis" data-cite="Mike Louis" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Generated fighters are characters that aren’t included in the database, but are generated by the game depending on your generated fighter settings. Characters that are in the database but are set to debut after the starting year of the database will still appear in the game regardless of the generated fighter settings.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cool man thanks. Starting an older mod and wanted to make sure this was the case.</p>

<p>Hey everyone! I'm still quite enjoying this game however I have a question:</p><p> </p><p>

Is there a way to look up which teams (gyms) have which champions? There should be a statistic on which teams produced the most champions and stuff, that would be really really awesome.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gayjesus" data-cite="gayjesus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey everyone! I'm still quite enjoying this game however I have a question:<p> </p><p> Is there a way to look up which teams (gyms) have which champions? There should be a statistic on which teams produced the most champions and stuff, that would be really really awesome.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's not a list, but if you click on a team there is a belt in the right side if they have a champion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DC4MVP" data-cite="DC4MVP" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the highest match rating? Fantastic?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm pretty sure it goes like this : Excellent, Fantastic, Great, Good, Average, Poor, Very Poor and Awful.</p>

<p>Hi, so, in my latest save, there has been somewhat of a dealbreaking situation for me. So, there were a couple of events where even up to 3 top fighters (Jacare, Edgar and Gastelum) got caught in a drug test, now, I understand that drug testing is a real thing and it has to be in the game, but in what, 4 ingame months I've seen over 10 ranked fighters getting caught probably.</p><p>

Is there a setting I might've messed with that resulted in this? What can I do to tone this down?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bfrvictor" data-cite="bfrvictor" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi, so, in my latest save, there has been somewhat of a dealbreaking situation for me. So, there were a couple of events where even up to 3 top fighters (Jacare, Edgar and Gastelum) got caught in a drug test, now, I understand that drug testing is a real thing and it has to be in the game, but in what, 4 ingame months I've seen over 10 ranked fighters getting caught probably.<p> Is there a setting I might've messed with that resulted in this? What can I do to tone this down?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I think you can drop them down in the preferences in game (In the bottom left of the screen). In my game, PVZ won her two bouts for the belts, but got caught twice for recreational and PED after the fights. Pretty devastating lol</p>

How does fighter regeneration work? What happens when a fighter regenerates and what causes it?

When a fighter retires or dies they regenerate. This creates a new fighter that has their picture and base information (height, weight, nationality, etc) but a different name and new stats. The regenerated fighter debuts about a year after the retirement / death. It allows the game world to continue to be populated even when the original generation of fighters have all retired.

When a fighter retires or dies they regenerate. This creates a new fighter that has their picture and base information (height, weight, nationality, etc) but a different name and new stats. The regenerated fighter debuts about a year after the retirement / death. It allows the game world to continue to be populated even when the original generation of fighters have all retired.

Thanks. I'm working on a mod based on historical fighters and I can use this to basically start a fighter who died or retired before the start of the database as a regen by setting them to start a year after the game start. This actually clears up A LOT of confusion I had. Thank you so much.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theflame8" data-cite="theflame8" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's not a list, but if you click on a team there is a belt in the right side if they have a champion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the answer brother, still I would like some real stats on this.</p>

<p>Any way of speeding up the team processing? Every first Saturday of each month takes around 7-8 minutes to advance through, and it only seems to be taking longer. I'm guessing that it is because more and more teams are opening up. </p><p>

Any way of stopping this from happening? </p><p>

Reached July 2020 and my game is still going really well, this is just pretty much my only issue with it unfortunately.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="raufbold" data-cite="raufbold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hmm...so does anyone know if quick camp results in reduced quality of training for the fighter?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As skills get boosted way more quickly during camp: yes, in a way. But I don't think it disrupts their prep or results in a negative modifier. (but obviously not sure here)</p>

Guest T0morrow

<p>I apologize for being extremely dense here, but if I create a fighter and give him a nickname, then will he be able to get another one from the "nicknames" database? I assume that he would not be able to get one, so I was wondering if I should leave the nicknames blank.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, thanks to the GDS development team for making this game - I didn't know a thing about MMA, but after somehow stumbling and finding this game, I must say I was quite impressed with this level of detail, enough to get a complete stranger to MMA hooked up and playing.</p>

I apologize for being extremely dense here, but if I create a fighter and give him a nickname, then will he be able to get another one from the "nicknames" database? I assume that he would not be able to get one, so I was wondering if I should leave the nicknames blank.

Nicknames are only assigned when a new fighter is generated. If you create a fighter and leave it blank they will not gain one during gameplay. If you create someone and do give them a nickname then they'll retain that permanently.

Glad you're enjoying the game!

Guest T0morrow
Nicknames are only assigned when a new fighter is generated. If you create a fighter and leave it blank they will not gain one during gameplay. If you create someone and do give them a nickname then they'll retain that permanently.

Glad you're enjoying the game!

Aaah, I see, thanks!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jbutton169" data-cite="jbutton169" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I add a weight class?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Via the weight class screen. You just fill in the details you want to use and save.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Via the weight class screen. You just fill in the details you want to use and save.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p>