WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

Anyone know of any cheats for WMMA 5?

Besides the editor allowing you to change almost everything? What kind of cheat were you looking for? There are a few "codes", but these are only for when there are errors, not for cheating.

@MD: You can give attributes in the editor, and you can change the engine there too.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="almond1" data-cite="almond1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A fighter popped for PED's during a tournament. How can I substitute him out of the tournament?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think you can... You'll most likely need to end the tournament.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="almond1" data-cite="almond1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A fighter popped for PED's during a tournament. How can I substitute him out of the tournament?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have never used a tournament but just checked it out now. </p><p> </p><p> I think you go to Tournaments > Edit Tournament, then click a fighter's name, and choose the replacement.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have never used a tournament but just checked it out now. <p> </p><p> I think you go to Tournaments > Edit Tournament, then click a fighter's name, and choose the replacement.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cheers. That sorted it.</p>

<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>

I have noticed that Small and Large local shows aren't running in Mexico and Russia even though both regions have a large number of Unemployed fighters available in my game for the last 3-6 months. </p><p> </p><p>

Is there a region setting or wait time before the local shows will start?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks,</p><p>

Mark</p>

Is it possible to turn a level of realism off in the game by removing fatigue? Say if you wanted to run monthly or even weekly shows with the same crop of fighters, is that achievable?

There is no fatigue. You mean like your CWW game? I've dabbed with a WMMA league and it did work, but you'd have to put training injuries to "none" and mass edit recovery times to 100. Then you need to give everyone the "short notice" attribute. With all this, the minimum time should still be two weeks, so no indy shananigans like Jon Jones fighting 4 times a month (if I'm not mistaken).

Though you can somehow sim grappling competitions, which shouldn't have downtime, there is no way to circumvent the recuperation minimum.

@Gunsmoke: No idea, man. I seem to recall these working for me and I didn't change anything. Are you sure none of the russians are getting any fights? Not even in Europe?

There is no fatigue. You mean like your CWW game? I've dabbed with a WMMA league and it did work, but you'd have to put training injuries to "none" and mass edit recovery times to 100. Then you need to give everyone the "short notice" attribute. With all this, the minimum time should still be two weeks, so no indy shananigans like Jon Jones fighting 4 times a month (if I'm not mistaken).

Though you can somehow sim grappling competitions, which shouldn't have downtime, there is no way to circumvent the recuperation minimum.

@Gunsmoke: No idea, man. I seem to recall these working for me and I didn't change anything. Are you sure none of the russians are getting any fights? Not even in Europe?

Yeah that's exactly what I had in mind mate. I will downlaod the demo and give it a go with my league template and see how I get on with it. Thanks a lot.

Yeah every other region is running local shows - didn't think of checking europe so I'll have a look and see if they get a run in those shows.

Weird one, I barely had any drug test fails for the first few years of game, maybe 4 a year or so, now I'm getting one after every show. Any reason for this? I haven't changed anything in the settings, I think random incident rate is set at medium, whatever the default is anyway. I don't mind Jones failing but when guys like Conor McGregor and Colby Covington start failing for PEDs it just feels dumb and unrealistc.

Yeah every other region is running local shows - didn't think of checking europe so I'll have a look and see if they get a run in those shows.

Mexico is definitely able to run shows, as I just tested it. But keep in mind it takes a certain minimum of unemployed workers to get these. In my latest game there were shows in Mexico until about 1999, after which I guess most fighters of note got signed. For Russia there were just not enough fighters. Often fighters will also move their home base to areas with an active promotion, so this only decreases the chance for local Russian shows. If you're desperate for some action there, you should populate the area with about 20 workers. That should pop the local shows.

Weird one, I barely had any drug test fails for the first few years of game, maybe 4 a year or so, now I'm getting one after every show. Any reason for this? I haven't changed anything in the settings, I think random incident rate is set at medium, whatever the default is anyway. I don't mind Jones failing but when guys like Conor McGregor and Colby Covington start failing for PEDs it just feels dumb and unrealistc.

Random incidents are for other types of events. It has to do with "era" settings. Check the editor for what the % of fighters is that dope. Could be set lower.

I'm going to be starting a new game soon and I'm thinking of deleting the female companies and fighters.

Would this work or would the game simply generate new companies to fill the void?

No, you can definitely do that. The game world changes based on the available divisions. So playing the default database, you can delete WEFF and the female weight class in KDMFC (don't delete the company!), and then filter and delete all women in the editor and start a new game.

I guess it speeds up loading a little.

<p>While waiting for the final adjustments for TEW 2020, I tried it WMMA 5 and I absolutely love it. I am new to the world of MMA so I would like some clarification on how to manage in the proper way an MMA company. Currently playing with BFC and I am having some troubles to figured out some things?</p><p> </p><p>

1. Usually, how many shows a company of this size should be able to produce? I am sticking to one per month. Is this enough?</p><p> </p><p>

2. Is it normal that even if I have a show scheduled in about 4 months, I am not able to book the fighters they previously fought? Once they recuperate and they get the drug test results, will they be available for selection?</p>

No, you can definitely do that. The game world changes based on the available divisions. So playing the default database, you can delete WEFF and the female weight class in KDMFC (don't delete the company!), and then filter and delete all women in the editor and start a new game.

I guess it speeds up loading a little.

Thanks. Yes thats my intention, to free up the load times a little. I've been playing a game with regens on but new fighters off and what ends up happening is too many fighters on the local scene end up with high pop cos of lack of competition. I'm thinking enable new fighters to avoid this but scrap the women as I dont pay much attention to that part of the gameworld anyway.

While waiting for the final adjustments for TEW 2020, I tried it WMMA 5 and I absolutely love it. I am new to the world of MMA so I would like some clarification on how to manage in the proper way an MMA company. Currently playing with BFC and I am having some troubles to figured out some things?

1. Usually, how many shows a company of this size should be able to produce? I am sticking to one per month. Is this enough?

2. Is it normal that even if I have a show scheduled in about 4 months, I am not able to book the fighters they previously fought? Once they recuperate and they get the drug test results, will they be available for selection?

Yes after recuperation. Although 4 months could result in more fighters getting injured in training and pulling out. I stick to 8-10 weeks in advance.

Thanks Blackman your pointer was correct Russian fighters are fighting in European local shows, and Mexico started doing local shows eventually.

Thanks for the help

Is there a way to see the actual number of PPV buys or the buy rate? I'd love to see deeper details here instead of just the amount of money made.

No, there's no option for that (even for TV shows). Maybe, just maybe, we'll end up getting a WMMA6 that is more like TEW, so with better management options. :)

@Jabroniriffic: There's a nice 2001 mod (see the index for the link). Otherwise, I fear you're going to have to convert them through the demos.