Advice on starting your own company?

Well, for the games I play, the main thing you need is patience, because it usually takes a couple years for your company to get off the ground.

But it really depends on what you want. With the editor, you can get off the ground straight away by giving your company starting rep and finances. Just make sure you hire a few stars to headline each show and keep your company above board.

If you're having trouble acquiring stars, one-night tourneys can establish a new name pretty quickly.

Also in WMMA5, you can improve your company's stability, etc, (providing you give yourself the finances) by building company improvements.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44631" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where is the best place to start your company? What ways are there to further improve your fighter's popularity in a certain region if he doesn't hail from there?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> hold/broadcast shows in the region you want him to gain popularity</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="red007" data-cite="red007" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44631" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hold/broadcast shows in the region you want him to gain popularity</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If I start a company off with the "greatest" traits as owner, I will naturally struggle a little early on since the fighters I will sign will be from all over the place, right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44631" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I start a company off with the "greatest" traits as owner, I will naturally struggle a little early on since the fighters I will sign will be from all over the place, right?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends on what size you start at. The big problem is that you need fighters to main event that have as much popularity as the company does to met expectations. So if you're playing a small company, it's a lot easier to find an acceptable main event, even with low level guys. But if you're trying to start at GAMMA's level with a roster full of unknowns, you'll probably struggle to find main events that won't tank your popularity.</p>

Depends on what size you start at. The big problem is that you need fighters to main event that have as much popularity as the company does to met expectations. So if you're playing a small company, it's a lot easier to find an acceptable main event, even with low level guys. But if you're trying to start at GAMMA's level with a roster full of unknowns, you'll probably struggle to find main events that won't tank your popularity.

How do I select my company size? Just through the editor?

How do I select my company size? Just through the editor?

You can do it that way. Assuming you're using the "Start a New Company" option in game, though, there's a drop-down menu where you can select a difficulty, and it'll start you with different levels of money and popularity depending on what difficulty you picked.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="El_Gabe" data-cite="El_Gabe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44631" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>With a small loan of a million dollars</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I see what you did there. Lol. Good stuff.</p>

I'm currently starting a new company that way using the Rock Hard difficulty. $5k and low level regional popularity means I'm starting off with a bunch of guys and girls who will sign a 3 fight contract for $100 a fight. I'm turning a profit at the moment but my popularity is dipping. I'm hoping my fighters' slight bump in popularity from their first fight can see me turn a profit and make popularity gains come the third show...

Archived