Title fight 'draw' lowering

so i read a thread about a fights hype going down if someine is below the top five of your org. First off I think thats a little silly just due to how certain circumstances play out. Sometimes number 6 is the best guy to go with for a number of reasons. But I do understand why it was put in,how I think it should work though is top 5 it increases hype, 6-10 it stays same anything lower then that it lowers. It makes no sense for the fight to lower when fighting someone in the top 10.

Moving on to the glitch, I booked a fight with my champ and the number 5 in his division(so of course hype went up) but after a couple events someone else moved into the number 5 spot and because of this not only did the title match lose it's bonus but it went lower then the match would have been if it was non title. That's nonsense and it's actually game breaking. This means that our main events will be lowering all the time due to people increasing in rank after the fight had been booked.

Something has to be put in place so no matter what the bonus/non bonus/negative gets locked in after the fight is booked.

Because of this my main event should have been lower on my card and I didn't realise this until right before the event. Definitely needs quick fixing. To be honest I find it to be game breaking so don't want to continue until it is, would suck to have a main event ruined and not know it until after the event just because a couple guys moved up in rank before the title fight. ( especially bad as a new company as people will move up in rankings easily removing potential people already booked in title fights)

Moved to the correct forum.

I will look into your suggestion about having ranking #6-10 not affecting the draw.

The rating of the fight fluctuating over time isn't a glitch, it's working exactly as intended. Fans are going to be purchasing the fight close to, or on, the night of the fight - how it came across months ago wouldn't have much bearing on their decision as far as I can see. For example, if you're promoting a PPV with the champion defending against the #15 contender, I don't think anyone is going to be fine with that because he was in the top ten nine months ago when the bout was made.

Archived