Offering to replace

When someone gets injured and guys offer to replace, majority of the time they ask for extra money because they wont get a full camp. I had a guy on my prelims get injured 5 weeks away from the PPV and the guys who offered to replace him all wanted a bonus for the short camp, I find this very unrealistic since these guys aren't getting paid because they're not currently booked and if they're offering to replace they should be willing to do it for standard pay.

Why would it be unrealistic? The fighters have negotiating power in this situation. You need a replacement fight in 5 weeks and not everyone is going to take a fight at 5 weeks notice. The pressure is on the matchmaker to make a replacement fight and they will try to squeeze as much out of you as possible if they are to take a fight at short notice. This is very realistic in my mind.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WECNeverDie" data-cite="WECNeverDie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44869" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why would it be unrealistic? The fighters have negotiating power in this situation. You need a replacement fight in 5 weeks and not everyone is going to take a fight at 5 weeks notice. The pressure is on the matchmaker to make a replacement fight and they will try to squeeze as much out of you as possible if they are to take a fight at short notice. This is very realistic in my mind.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 5 weeks out with multiple candidates to replace the injured guy why would I ever pay extra? If it was to save a PPV card at the last minute fair enough, but this was for a prelim fight. Why would anyone ever pay that? I can just move the fight and not let this guy who offered to replace get paid any money. It's very unrealistic. Do you think when someone gets injured and some guy no one has ever heard of gets picked as the replacement, you think he's demanding thousands to be the replacement? You think Dana is like "Man if i dont pay this guy a 10k bonus to fight in the middle of my prelims this PPV card will be ruined?"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44869" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Was the guy really asking for 10k?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. To fight Vettori on 5 weeks notice on a prelim when I had every event already booked for that year.</p>

How is this unrealistic exactly? Welcome to the real world. 😁

Do you really think some no named guy in the UFC calls up Dana begging for a fight (without which they dont get paid) on the prelims and offers to replace an injured guy would demand extra money for a short camp?

Archived