Quick Questions Before Purchasing

Hello, totally new to this game and have very little background, but was thinking about purchasing but had a couple quick questions.

1) Seems like it could be overwhelming to manage all aspects of the MMA world. Are you able to assign some duties to the AI and let them handle? Or must you handle everything yourself? Over time I would want to do it all, but while learning might be nice to have a little help.

2) I notice a post at the top of the forum where it says if you want to directly pay through payPal, gives a specific way to pay Arlie. When you go to the web shop and purchase there, it also has a method for paying via paypal. What's the difference between the methods? I assume both still end up using eLicense.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SlyBelle" data-cite="SlyBelle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hello, totally new to this game and have very little background, but was thinking about purchasing but had a couple quick questions.<p> </p><p> 1) Seems like it could be overwhelming to manage all aspects of the MMA world. Are you able to assign some duties to the AI and let them handle? Or must you handle everything yourself? Over time I would want to do it all, but while learning might be nice to have a little help.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The game isn't that overwhelming. Obviously any simulation game has their learning curves, and I would say this game has a very manageable learning curve. You cannot delegate anything to the AI except contract negotiations. There are a lot of features in the game, but you will spend 95% of your time hiring fighters, booking shows, watching shows, and skipping to your next show. Everything else in the game is fluff.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SlyBelle" data-cite="SlyBelle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2) I notice a post at the top of the forum where it says if you want to directly pay through payPal, gives a specific way to pay Arlie. When you go to the web shop and purchase there, it also has a method for paying via paypal. What's the difference between the methods? I assume both still end up using eLicense.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's no real difference, it's just down to personal preference which you want to use.</p>

<p>For me it's close to 1/3rd immersion, which comes down to reading the news, looking at fighter histories, stats, team builds, etc., 1/3 booking and 1/3 watching fights. You can call it "fluff" and is definitely is - meaning you can safely skip it - but that's much of the experience for me. </p><p> </p><p>

And you really don't need to learn much. For the booking, there's Vegas odds and immediate fan feedback that will help you make matchups. It's really fast to pick up.</p>

Thanks for all the feedback...I downloaded the demo last night and started to give it a try. This would be my first use of the game so even though others think it is pretty easy, my initial run through has been a little intimidating:) A lot of options to go through and understand. Not saying that is a bad thing, just will make me think harder if I am ready for it yet.

Archived