Hey all,

I'm exploring MMA simulator options for a new sim league I'm thinking about creating where real people would control players and immerse themselves in their character (like roleplaying for MMA fighters).

Does WMMA5 have a 'sandbox' mode where I can fully control all aspects of the game?

For example, I wouldn't want my players to get signed by other promotions but also be able to control their contracts, morale, stats, training, etc.

Does the game allow the user a way to control everything?

Hey all,

I'm exploring MMA simulator options for a new sim league I'm thinking about creating where real people would control players and immerse themselves in their character (like roleplaying for MMA fighters).

Does WMMA5 have a 'sandbox' mode where I can fully control all aspects of the game?

For example, I wouldn't want my players to get signed by other promotions but also be able to control their contracts, morale, stats, training, etc.

Does the game allow the user a way to control everything?

No. Your playing the role as Dana White.

It is, strictly speaking, possible to run a sim league with WMMA5, albeit difficult imo. You'd either have to run all the fighters through a single company, or control every company in the game if it's a dealbreaker. Then turn off things like random events so fighters don't just up and go on hiatus and such. If you're planning on this being like the SHL or SBA or whatnot, there are entirely too many attributes for fighters to go with that structure on WMMA5 in my opinion, and I don't think you can disable fighter development either (maybe by finessing the potential and dedication attributes some). If you're going for something more casual the in-game development works pretty well. Just make sure you have a few open teams in your universe so fighters can train faster (I don't think you can't force a fighter to join a specific team after you start the game though).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="damientheomen3" data-cite="damientheomen3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45291" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It is, strictly speaking, possible to run a sim league with WMMA5, albeit difficult imo. You'd either have to run all the fighters through a single company, or control every company in the game if it's a dealbreaker. Then turn off things like random events so fighters don't just up and go on hiatus and such. If you're planning on this being like the SHL or SBA or whatnot, there are entirely too many attributes for fighters to go with that structure on WMMA5 in my opinion, and I don't think you can disable fighter development either (maybe by finessing the potential and dedication attributes some). If you're going for something more casual the in-game development works pretty well. Just make sure you have a few open teams in your universe so fighters can train faster (I don't think you can't force a fighter to join a specific team after you start the game though).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah this was my vision with this question so I'm glad you understood what I was going for. If that's the case for WMMA5, I think I'll continue searching for another sim since it sounds like WMMA5 won't give me the control I need. Thanks!</p>

Yeah this was my vision with this question so I'm glad you understood what I was going for. If that's the case for WMMA5, I think I'll continue searching for another sim since it sounds like WMMA5 won't give me the control I need. Thanks!

There was an MMA sim league a year or two ago. I'm not sure who ran it or what they used to sim it, iirc it was simplified enough to fit the format though.

Archived