Couple of general TEW 2016 questions

I had thought TEW 2013 was the latest version when I saw it on Steam and nearly bought it there. Thankfully, I came over here to check out some mods related stuff on the forums before doing so.

Now I am torn between getting 2013 off Steam or getting 2016. I was hoping to get a few things answered before I purchased one over the other.

1) My biggest concern is that I can put games on Steam both on my desktop and laptop. I was told that was not possible buying directly from the site.

Is that still the case? I mean if I can buy a single copy of the game, can I put on both of my computers?

2) Do you have any specific rules about rather or not the game is streamed on Twitch? A couple of friends and I were interested in working on a data base for our individual "fantasy fed" style promotions. A few of them already stream their feds on Twitch (using the latest WWE 2k game) and I was interested in trying out TEW as a means of combining all our stuff and seeing how it would with the system that Mr. Ryland has designed.

Thanks in advance.

<p>1. The way it works is that you have one copy of the game tied to one computer. So you "license" the game on one computer, then "unlicense" it, then "license" it to a different computer. I have never moved an E-License game for the purpose of moving licenses, but have done both these steps. Unlicensing on Windows is not intuitive at all, and the native "Unlicense" button in Windows just doesn't work for most people. You have to do this weird thing where you copy a shortcut of the game and type "-unlicense" in the filename or something. It's really simple, but you have to find the directions to do it. It's pretty dumb. Licensing is simpler, BUT you need to copy and paste this giant code that you get via e-mail or a text file in the game folder. </p><p> </p><p>

But the game is still really fun and worth the money but maybe this system wouldn't fit you?</p><p> </p><p>

2. Nope.</p>

1. The way it works is that you have one copy of the game tied to one computer. So you "license" the game on one computer, then "unlicense" it, then "license" it to a different computer. I have never moved an E-License game for the purpose of moving licenses, but have done both these steps. Unlicensing on Windows is not intuitive at all, and the native "Unlicense" button in Windows just doesn't work for most people. You have to do this weird thing where you copy a shortcut of the game and type "-unlicense" in the filename or something. It's really simple, but you have to find the directions to do it. It's pretty dumb. Licensing is simpler, BUT you need to copy and paste this giant code that you get via e-mail or a text file in the game folder.

But the game is still really fun and worth the money but maybe this system wouldn't fit you?

You're right, that sort of system would not really work that well for me or be worth it. I mostly use my laptop if I am out of town for a weekend or a week for whatever reason. And multiple copies of a game to work on a database doesn't make all that much sense to me.

Though if a database made in the demo or worked on in the demo is compatible with the full version that might solve the issue. Would that work?

Though if a database made in the demo or worked on in the demo is compatible with the full version that might solve the issue. Would that work?

It would. You would need to manually transfer the database across each time though, so you'd have to be careful to keep track of which is the most up-to-date version.

Archived