Beta Release: Open Season

Friday 1st August

What's Happening in the World

The United States of American is under the leadership of President Bill Clinton while The United Kingdom is being lead by Prime Minister Tony Blair. I'll Be Missing you by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans is topping the charts in the US and UK. Copland directed by James Mangold is the movie being watched by most while Finding The Dream by Nora Roberts is one of the best selling books. On TV The Battersby Family (described as The Family from Hell) have just moved to Coronation Street in the UK while over in the US the hype of new show South Park set to debut in a few weeks time is sweeping the Nation. Finally if you were gaming you probably be playing Cool Borders 2 or Dungeon Keeper

While in Wrestling

PPVs

WWF In Your House: Canadian Stampede from The Saddledome, Calgary Alberta saw 12,151 and Main Event pitting Austin, LOD, Goldust and Ken Shamrock VS The Hart Foundation

WCW: Bash at the Beach from The Ocean Centre in Daytona Beach, Florida saw 7851 attend to witness The Giant and Lex Luger Vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman

ECW Barley Legal from The ECW Arena, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania live on Internet Pay Per View was headlined by RVD, Sabu and Jerry Lawler Vs Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman Rick Rude in Steel Cage

The Wrestling Observer Reported (Jul 28, 1997)

Headlines:-

WWF would no longer be airing WWF Raw live every Monday (In cost cutting measure)

WWF has decided to drop the shorter, cheaper In Your House Concept of PPV's (again another cost cutting measure)

WCW Nitro didn't air last week so TNT aired a Civil War mini series

ECW suing WCW over copyright infringement (over the Raven and Stevie Richards gimmciks) and contract tampering (Heyman claims Raven was used as an intermediary to lure Sandman over to WCW), Heyman also claimed that Raven was still under his no compete clause when he turned up in WCW, and Stevie Richards was under an intent to negotiate deal with ECW which he asked to be released from due to a neck injury and then signed with WCW

Other Stories Included:-

Nobuhiko Takada again was negotiating to fight Rickson Gracie

This was back on the table and set to happen in October

Masahiro Chono was working working through a broken bone in his foot

Chono picked up the injury during a match in mid July but wouldn't be taking time off

A look back at the importance of 1993 in Wrestling (UFC, M-Pro, Pancrase and K1 all made their debut)

An article about Michinoku Pro and its loss of Stars after booking Jinsei Shinzaki is negotiating to return to AJPW and after Kaz Hayahsi left

Glen Jacobs was off TV and working in USWA ready for his return as Cain

A report that appeared in NY post, wrongly listing a number of wrestling arrests as drug related, the list had come from The Observer but the "Drug related" had been added by columnist Phil Mushnick

Dave attended California Indy match where wrestler Erin O'Grady and Vic Grimes wrestled to the car park, before O'Grady hit Grimes with his car door as the car was in motion

A look at former WWF announcer Sean Mooney

A look back at the death of Bruiser Brody

A review of Sell Out Mid South show led by Ian Rotten

ECW: Barley Legal review as well as a recent backstage incident with Louie Spicolli refusing to job to Tom Pritchard

WCW paid $100,000 to allow Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman to use Jimi Hendrix music as their entrance for Bash at the Beach

Hogan started filming a new movie this month (The Ultimate Weapon)

ICP getting dropped from their record label for being ECW fans

The Wrestling Industry is entering what would become its biggest boom period ever. The Monday Night Wars gave birth to The Attitude Era, an edgier, more adult orientated product as apposed to the more family friendly, cartoonish characters wrestling was know for. With Visionaries Vince McMahon and Eric Bischoff at all out War creating millions of new wrestling fans what could possibly go wrong

I declare OPEN SEASON

I have been working on this database for just under 2 years, I'm releasing it at as a beta and will post updates over the coming months. Its a big database the initial game setup is taking about 20 mins on my laptop (which is about 2 years old) and the first couple of days can take a while as the game stabilizes the data, by week two the wait times is alot better.

I'm dyslexic so please excuse any spelling/grammar mistakes. Please feel free to post any errors you find and I will correct for up coming updates. If there is anything you wish to see added etc feel free to let me know

Thank Yous

Location - Phil Parent

Injuries - SockPuppet

Narratives - Taker, Genadi

Cuts - Mammoth, B0shey, Chizzle, Taker, Fatallylost, TheWho, Lukkearthur and anyone else whos cuts I've used

Base Game - Genadi (the game world is based off his 97 Mod)

Finally thank you - Hive,Genadi, NWAvsWWF, BUrningHamster, Cpt Charisma, TheWho ( I've may used some of their workers data as bases)

Database: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpdv7xntda88eel/TEW2016.mdb

Workers Pics: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3rss4a9wyn5lz3d/People.zip

Graphics: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ss7qenttf1swbr7/Graphics.zip

Update Data Sep:http://www.mediafire.com/file/qo1yu32rzopfc3u/TheNewMod.zip/file

Update Pics Sep: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ud0b1w8h70vpm7s/CUts%20for%20updates.zip

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>WOW!</p><p>

Out of nowhere!</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT:</p><p>

Loaded WWF and the first thing i noticed was the 100% backstage rating, which really doesn't reflect the toxic late 90's in WWF and WCW.</p><p>

I'd say there are too many positive relationships, the backstage rating should be around the 60% if not less</p>

WOW!

Out of nowhere!

EDIT:

Loaded WWF and the first thing i noticed was the 100% backstage rating, which really doesn't reflect the toxic late 90's in WWF and WCW.

I'd say there are too many positive relationships, the backstage rating should be around the 60% if not less

I'll take a look at this for the next update,

I'll changed some of the Anti Sullivan crowd to Hatred, which has pushed it back, Ill also add some unhappy starting morals for toxic environment which would push it down, (Im thinking hart foundation, Lafon & Furnas for WWF and then the "Vanilla Midgets for WCW)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="daiplug" data-cite="daiplug" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45511" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'll take a look at this for the next update,<p> </p><p> I'll changed some of the Anti Sullivan crowd to Hatred, which has pushed it back, Ill also add some unhappy starting morals for toxic environment which would push it down, (Im thinking hart foundation, Lafon & Furnas for WWF and then the "Vanilla Midgets for WCW)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i think you can add Shawn to the unhappy list, little bugger never was satisfied with his pay</p>

<p>So I have revamped WWF and its at 63% (this may change depending on the leadership of your avatar), I changed a considerable amount of personality and tweak alot of relationships,</p><p> </p><p>

I'm going to work on WCW tomorrow</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kdcastles" data-cite="kdcastles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45511" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Small, but WCW starts with no announcers assigned.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll look at this for the next update</p>

<p>So for July's first update</p><p> </p><p>

WWF Starting Moral - Fixed</p><p>

WCW Starting Moral - Fixed</p><p>

WCW Starting Storylines</p><p>

WCW Starting Announcers</p><p>

ECW Starting Champs- </p><p>

Cuts for each title - Fixed</p><p>

World - Fixed</p><p>

Tv - Fixed</p><p>

Tag - Fixed</p><p>

Heyman's starting role - Fixed</p><p>

ECW default Announcer - Fixed</p><p>

ECW Stables - Fixed</p><p>

ECW managers - Fixed</p><p>

Fix Roadkill's starting name - Fixed</p><p>

ECW Title's Lineage</p><p>

World - Fixed</p><p>

TV - Fixed</p><p>

Tag - Fixed</p><p>

Added - </p><p>

Johnny Hotbody</p><p>

Super Destroyer #2</p>

<p>Some ECW things:</p><p> </p><p>

they starts with no announcers assigned. Joey Styles should be announcer</p><p> </p><p>

Heymans push says color commentator. He never was a commentator, he did little commentating in the past, but his push should be more authority figure.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Amish roadkill never had that name. hes just known as Roadkill.</p><p> </p><p>

some of the stables missing members</p><p> </p><p>

no champions at the beginning of the game. </p><p>

The game starts at August 1st week, when Terry Funk was the ECW World champ.</p><p>

Vacant Tag Team Titles as Mustafa Saeed left ECW and Taz was the Television champ at that time.</p><p> </p><p>

Managers dont have any clients.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WillyWillyWilly" data-cite="WillyWillyWilly" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45511" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some ECW things:<p> </p><p> they starts with no announcers assigned. Joey Styles should be announcer</p><p> </p><p> Heymans push says color commentator. He never was a commentator, he did little commentating in the past, but his push should be more authority figure.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Amish roadkill never had that name. hes just known as Roadkill.</p><p> </p><p> some of the stables missing members</p><p> </p><p> no champions at the beginning of the game. </p><p> The game starts at August 1st week, when Terry Funk was the ECW World champ.</p><p> Vacant Tag Team Titles as Mustafa Saeed left ECW and Taz was the Television champ at that time.</p><p> </p><p> Managers dont have any clients.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wasn't sure what do with Roadkill, because he debuted as Roadkill but then all through 1998 on ECW Hardcore TV he was referred to as Amish Roadkill so I started him off as that.</p><p> </p><p> I'll fix the titles for the next update and the game keeps simming Heyman as commentator, I may set his contact to Authority figure to stop that happening</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the Feedback</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="daiplug" data-cite="daiplug" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45511" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wasn't sure what do with Roadkill, because he debuted as Roadkill but then all through 1998 on ECW Hardcore TV he was referred to as Amish Roadkill so I started him off as that.<p> </p><p> I'll fix the titles for the next update and the game keeps simming Heyman as commentator, I may set his contact to Authority figure to stop that happening</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the Feedback</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Roadkill was called Angry Amish Roadkill in 98, but before that time, he was just Roadkill.</p><p> </p><p> No problem, can give you more feedback within the next few days.</p>

<p>As well as what is noted above, I want add a “pack” per month, so for example it could be “south east workers” pack, dojo pack, British promotion pack, narrative pack,</p><p> </p><p>

Does anyone have any suggestions o what they would like for the July update</p>

<p>July Update progress</p><p> </p><p>

WWF Starting Moral - Fixed</p><p>

WCW Starting Moral - Fixed</p><p> </p><p>

WCW Starting Announcers - Fixed</p><p>

ECW Starting Champs- Fixed</p><p>

Cuts for each title - Fixed</p><p>

World - Fixed</p><p>

Tv - Fixed</p><p>

Tag - Fixed</p><p>

Heyman's starting role - Fixed</p><p>

ECW default Announcer - Fixed</p><p>

ECW Stables - Fixed</p><p>

ECW managers - Fixed</p><p>

Fix Roadkill's starting name - Fixed</p><p>

ECW Title's Lineage</p><p>

World - Fixed</p><p>

TV - Fixed</p><p>

Tag - Fixed</p><p> </p><p>

Tri State Wrestling Alliance Pack</p><p>

Added - </p><p>

Johnny Hotbody</p><p>

Super Destroyer #2</p><p>

Joel Goodhart</p><p>

Misty Blue Simmes</p><p>

Ron Shaw</p><p>

Boy Gone Bad</p><p>

Linda Dallas</p><p>

Paul Jones</p><p>

SD Jones</p><p>

TSWA Alliance as defunct promotion (This is just fluff, feel free to delete)</p><p>

TSWA World Heavyweight and lineage</p><p> </p><p>

Still to do</p><p>

WCW starting Storylines</p>

July Update progress

WWF Starting Moral - Fixed

WCW Starting Moral - Fixed

WCW starting Storylines - Fixed

WCW Starting Announcers - Fixed

ECW Starting Champs- Fixed

Cuts for each title - Fixed

World - Fixed

Tv - Fixed

Tag - Fixed

Heyman's starting role - Fixed

ECW default Announcer - Fixed

ECW Stables - Fixed

ECW managers - Fixed

Fix Roadkill's starting name - Fixed

ECW Title's Lineage

World - Fixed

TV - Fixed

Tag - Fixed

Tri State Wrestling Alliance Pack

Added -

Johnny Hotbody

Super Destroyer #2

Joel Goodhart

Misty Blue Simmes

Ron Shaw

Boy Gone Bad

Linda Dallas

Tyler Steel

Paul Jones

SD Jones

David Schultz

TSWA Alliance as defunct promotion (This is just fluff, feel free to delete)

TSWA World Heavyweight and lineage

Additional Cuts for Johnny Valiant, Journey Fatu

The Assassin added to WCW

Cut added for Azusa Christie alter ego of Azusa Takigawa,

Added Aysha

Added American Wrestling Council Titles

Added Pete Dunne

Added Okada

Added Shibata

Added Naito

Added Will Osprey

Added Kushida

Added Hiromu Takahashi

Added Hiroshi Tanahashi

Added Marty Scrull

Added Yamato

Added Ricochet

Guys thanks for all the feedback,

The user characters are all the "Celebrities" i set it up this way so user who didn't want these guys in the game could delete them,

First release will be the second week of July, so not a long wait,

Once I'm back on shift, I do 15 hours days, so I will be slow responding during this time,

Please keep the feedback coming, its all appreciated,

How are load times? I've tried to help this by not having every American worker active in Canada,

Guys thanks for all the feedback,

The user characters are all the "Celebrities" i set it up this way so user who didn't want these guys in the game could delete them,

I was meaning to ask about this, there are some user characters that have contracts starting out like Mike Tyson, so maybe you can set them as regular characters but have a set retirement age or narrative to make sure they don't stay too long?