Is there a mod with TV/Movie/Celebrities?

Is there a mod that exists that has characters from different TV shows, movies, celebrities, other athletes, stuff of that nature? I have seen a few with comic book characters but I was wondering if there was one that was broader than that.

I apologize if there is one that I should've seen. I do not mean to offend anyone.

<p>I have considered a few times making a mod set in the 1980s with all the iconic 80s action heroes and villains like Rocky, Ivan Drago, John McClaine, Terminator, Karate Kid, etc. however for the amount of work that is involved I can't see a player continuing a game past a couple of weeks. I really think the novelty would wear off quickly. Also all the characters exist in different movie universes that make assigning stats difficult. Although I like the idea of pitting a few celebrities against each other overall I don't think it translates to a professional wrestling setting well enough to get a player interested and immersed. Terminator vs Marty McFly is just too silly.</p><p> </p><p>

However one that I am still considering making is a mod based on all the famous Youtubers, Instagram girls and social media stars getting involved in professional wrestling. It makes sense based on the direction things are going with YouTubers essentially creating fake feuds to boost their views and the logical destination is in some ways professional wrestling lol. It would involve changing the entire angle pack to include a bunch of attention seeking stunts and angles as they all try to boost their popularity as they do in real life. I think I could make it both funny and satirical but also serious enough that it could be very immersive and playable. This would also be far easier to stat as stuff like charisma, athleticism, etc is quite evident even for non-wrestlers. Pretty much I can picture them all as wrestlers lol.</p><p> </p><p>

Overall though I think a celebrity dataset could work if it included only actors then the characters themselves could be gimmicks. However to my knowledge no such mod exists yet. Once again I think its an issue of how much time is involved in making it weighed up against how little time anyone is likely to play a celebrity or character based mod as opposed to playing </p><p>

a real world mod.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winged Hussar" data-cite="Winged Hussar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45556" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have considered a few times making a mod set in the 1980s with all the iconic 80s action heroes and villains like Rocky, Ivan Drago, John McClaine, Terminator, Karate Kid, etc. however for the amount of work that is involved I can't see a player continuing a game past a couple of weeks. I really think the novelty would wear off quickly. Also all the characters exist in different movie universes that make assigning stats difficult. Although I like the idea of pitting a few celebrities against each other overall I don't think it translates to a professional wrestling setting well enough to get a player interested and immersed. Terminator vs Marty McFly is just too silly.<p> </p><p> However one that I am still considering making is a mod based on all the famous Youtubers, Instagram girls and social media stars getting involved in professional wrestling. It makes sense based on the direction things are going with YouTubers essentially creating fake feuds to boost their views and the logical destination is in some ways professional wrestling lol. It would involve changing the entire angle pack to include a bunch of attention seeking stunts and angles as they all try to boost their popularity as they do in real life. I think I could make it both funny and satirical but also serious enough that it could be very immersive and playable. This would also be far easier to stat as stuff like charisma, athleticism, etc is quite evident even for non-wrestlers. Pretty much I can picture them all as wrestlers lol.</p><p> </p><p> Overall though I think a celebrity dataset could work if it included only actors then the characters themselves could be gimmicks. However to my knowledge no such mod exists yet. Once again I think its an issue of how much time is involved in making it weighed up against how little time anyone is likely to play a celebrity or character based mod as opposed to playing </p><p> a real world mod.</p></div></blockquote><p> I;d definitely be interested!</p>

Archived