Company Suggestions?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Luchador Canadiense" data-cite="Luchador Canadiense" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45620" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just want to applaud you on this! <p> </p><p> One of my greatest chuckles is when everyone books every interview segment at 6 minutes long. In what wrestling promotion is every interview 6 minutes long? Look at the great Flair and Dusty promos, and and the vast majority of them top out at 2 minutes max.</p><p> </p><p> And then people say "You can develop your Charisma and Mic Skills really fast in this game..." Of course you can, because you are gaming all your interviews up to 6 minutes in length and putting people in a ton of angles per show!</p><p> </p><p> Now I almost never run Sports Entertainment promotions anymore. I tend to watch more wrestling on YouTube than I do anything on Canadian or American television. Memphis, Portland, late 70s WWWF, and CMLL are my usual preference when I'm in the mood to watch wrestling. And so the company's I run tend to be either old school or lucha promotions these days.</p><p> </p><p> As much as possible, I tend to run 2 minute interviews. Then every now and then, I throw in a 4-5 minute talky segment between two opponents... some sort of mic confrontation. Usually something to kick off a feud, or as a major turning point in a feud. That's how Memphis would do it. </p><p> </p><p> I develop my workers slow and steady, knowing that those mic stills will come along in time... that not every angle NEEDS to increase their Entertainment stats. Sometimes, angles can just be there to cool off the crowd after a match or, if your worker is really good on the mic, heat the crowd back up again.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think you can be a bit more sparing with the lengths, I know the actual "talking" portion of an interview might be 2 minutes but in my head I always round up a bit, and any transition time between backstage interview to announcers to ring kind of gets shared in there with the "added minutes" to the match time. 6 minutes for everything is a bit much but I think there is a non-insignificant amount of "dead time" that doesn't get represented in angles like it does in matches.</p><p> </p><p> I definitely think there should be either a tweak to the Cult/Hardcore based products or some mid level hardcore matches added to the game next release. Just because the wrestlers can use weapons and may use weapons in a match doesn't always make it a hardcore match, but there isn't anything in the default match types that reflects this very well.</p>

Archived