New Diary Idea. Help me decide!

New Diary Idea. Help me decide!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. New Diary Idea. Help me decide!

• Innovate Pro Wrestling
    • Shine Wrestling
    • IWA: Mid-South

This diary features a former middle school teacher, Ryan Johnson. He quit teaching to pursue his dream of becoming a professional wrestler. He went to his local wrestling school, Ohio Valley Wrestling. During his training he suffered a career ending shoulder injury. After his recovery he came back to Ohio Valley Wrestling and became a student of the game. He watched more film, studied local to global promotions world wide, and decided to take a role behind the scenes. He worked his way up becoming a referee and even turned heel becoming a manager. The OVW owner, Al Snow wanted to keep me, but didn't value my creative ideas because he was more focused on getting guys ready mentally and mastering the basics inside the ring. He didn't want risky storylines and complex angles, just the old fashioned good guys versus bad guys worked. Johnson quit OVW and wanted to feel out offers from other promotions he felt like he could help. Al Snow was supportive and called an old friend of his, Ian Rotten. He still had a hand in running IWA: Mid-South and is looking for somebody to turn the ship around. Johnson talked with Rotten and the offer is on the table but he would have to pass everything by him and try to stay off the radar from the Athletic Commissioners and the law after past problems with their wrestling promotion.

Johnson liked the idea, but wondered if there were more options out there. Johnson had managed and worked with Jax Dane in OVW as he managed the Veterans of War. Dane also works dates with Innovate Pro Wrestling. He gave me the number to the owner and performer, Tony Givens. He liked my work as a manager and would let me help with creative. He said that they would be no pressure having the owner be a wrestler as he wants to help the younger guys get over. That is something I do want to accomplish if I do decide to go there.

I had two options when the phone rang and Chris Sharpe, a friend of mine who as refereed along with me at OVW. He had great news that Shine was looking for people to add to their inner circle to launch a more storyline driven company and build momentum off of the Women's Revolution happening everywhere. He said it would be tough and I would have to win over some people in the offices of the World Wide Network. It could lead to more chances with companies like Dragon Gate, Full Impact Pro, and Evolve Wrestling. I certainly like the idea of a women's revolution but not sure it would be a fit, but to get a chance to work with a higher known company down the line could be an offer too good to pass up.

Ryan Johnson had a choice to make does he go to Innovate Pro Wrestling, Shine Wrestling, or IWA: Mid-South. All three have their differences and difficulties. Which will he choose as he tries to become the best booker as possible over his career.

Thanks for your input. Hoping to get a few more votes before I start. Shine was picked because the amount of women wrestling dynasties are low. The Hardcore style of IWA is something you don't see except for ECW but this company is just barely above backyard wrestling. Then Innovate Pro Wrestling is a small company brimming with young talent that have a chance to break out if used correctly. I'm excited to book any of the companies and put a backstage storyline behind the scenes to spice it up.

Archived