Official Game Thread- Barebones 4 Mafia (The Revival November 2018)

theoutlaw321

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thought the same.<p> </p><p> Astil, care to share who you locked down? If only so they can confirm they didn't do anything. Try to ease some of the questions still surrounding the whole you and Derek and Anti bit.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was going to hold off but I thought about it and legit can't think of how this could hurt town.</p><p> </p><p> I targeted BlueStar</p>

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Astil" data-cite="Astil" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was going to hold off but I thought about it and legit can't think of how this could hurt town.<p> </p><p> I targeted BlueStar</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interesting. Always a good choice. Only way it really hurts is if he's scum and intended to try and claim doing something last night. Looks pretty good to not be a killer, at least.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Interesting. Always a good choice. Only way it really hurts is if he's scum and intended to try and claim doing something last night. Looks pretty good to not be a killer, at least.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Even if he was scum after yesterday I think I'll stay away from that for at least 1 day</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theoutlaw321" data-cite="theoutlaw321" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He eased up to the side of the house and looked in the window. He could tell no one was home. “<span style="color:#008000;">Damnit, where the hell are you</span>.”<p> Suddenly from the dark he heard a voice, “<span style="color:#0000FF;">Can I help you</span>?”</p><p> “<span style="color:#008000;">Nope I don’t think so</span>.” As he reached under his arm. </p><p> All of a sudden out of the dark from the side of the two men another man threw his body into them. Knocking all three to the ground. The one man got up and ran off. </p><p> “<span style="color:#800080;">Are you ok</span>?”</p><p> “<span style="color:#0000FF;">Well, well, well I am now. You want a beer</span>?”</p><p> “<span style="color:#800080;">Sure</span>.”</p><p> With that they went inside the house. Not seeing the man sneak out from the darkness and pick up something and then disappear back into the shadows.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Break this down to what you think is going on here for me?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Break this down to what you think is going on here for me?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hmm.. Maybe the guy in green was trying to attack blue guy, and when he reached under his arm he was reaching for a gun. Third guy tackles everyone, perhaps scaring green guy off?</p><p> </p><p> Then a thief was in the mix and stole something.</p><p> </p><p> That's probably wrong. There's a lot going on there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crychon" data-cite="Crychon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmm.. Maybe the guy in green was trying to attack blue guy, and when he reached under his arm he was reaching for a gun. Third guy tackles everyone, perhaps scaring green guy off?<p> </p><p> Then a thief was in the mix and stole something.</p><p> </p><p> That's probably wrong. There's a lot going on there.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So, Blue guy is the guy Green guy was looking for, yeah? Like, they targeted each other, and someone was protecting one of them?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Break this down to what you think is going on here for me?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I could be off but maybe a blocker blocking a kill? He threw himself into them, then the guy ran off.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I could be off but maybe a blocker blocking a kill? He threw himself into them, then the guy ran off.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If there's a fourth blocker, I'm not sure how we're supposed to get anything done at night.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If there's a fourth blocker, I'm not sure how we're supposed to get anything done at night.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is a lot. </p><p> </p><p> Also, the part about the phone all and the wrong number. </p><p> </p><p> Could that be a recruitment gone wrong?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That is a lot. <p> </p><p> Also, the part about the phone all and the wrong number. </p><p> </p><p> Could that be a recruitment gone wrong?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I really hope it isn't, but I could see that. I really hope there's not a cult. Cults are the worst.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, Blue guy is the guy Green guy was looking for, yeah? Like, they targeted each other, and someone was protecting one of them?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It does look like they were targeting each other to me, yeah. Then the protector (?) protects (?) blue guy. </p><p> </p><p> Then there was a thief who may have targeted one of the three people who were there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crychon" data-cite="Crychon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It does look like they were targeting each other to me, yeah. Then the protector (?) protects (?) blue guy. <p> </p><p> Then there was a thief who may have targeted one of the three people who were there.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How many times last night you think two people targeted each other?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How many times last night you think two people targeted each other?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hmm... That's the only part that really stands out to me as people possibly targeting each other.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Break this down to what you think is going on here for me?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In the simplist of terms it looks like a green hit on blue, blocked / protected by purple. 4th person targets any one of those 3.</p><p> </p><p> It looks like Dr is elsewhere in write up, but I could be wrong. </p><p> </p><p> If Astil does role block (unconfirmed) then this doesn't look like him, so is a 4th roleblocker. Sounds unlikely, however Astil being faulty and 2 scum groups with role lockers is possible. </p><p> </p><p> Unless it was Don night protection? It's a small possibility. </p><p> </p><p> But then have we really got 2 scum groups and poisoner? Possibly, if the scum groups are small.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crychon" data-cite="Crychon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmm... That's the only part that really stands out to me as people possibly targeting each other.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My target targeted me last night.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Vote: Antithesis</strong></p><p> </p><p> Wonder what he was reaching for?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That is a lot. <p> </p><p> Also, the part about the phone all and the wrong number. </p><p> </p><p> Could that be a recruitment gone wrong?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was thinking it could either be one of two things. As you surmised it could be a Cult recruitment gone wrong. Perhaps they Cult leader needs to find a certain player to link up with.</p><p> </p><p> Or it could be a Mason with the same stipulation. Meaning they have to find someone specific. </p><p> </p><p> I am pretty sure I was in a Mason group like that once.</p><p> </p><p> As for the kills I am thinking a VIG killed Phoenix and an SK killed Mistaken. The segment were Arrows pointed out could very well be the Mafia kill being blocked.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My target targeted me last night.<p> </p><p> <strong>Vote: Antithesis</strong></p><p> </p><p> Wonder what he was reaching for?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Alright, that's a lead!</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Vote: Antithesis</strong></p>

<p>@Crychon: Forgot to say, I have to give you props for the Orphan Black shout out. Such a great show.</p><p> </p><p>

I am just doing some thinking out loud here, to see if I am misunderstanding something here.</p><p> </p><p>

Derek jailed Anti he posted thinking that he stopped the Scum hitman. However, we now know that there was a kill and a poisoner on night one. Therefore, Anti could not be the night one killer correct?</p><p> </p><p>

Or am I missing something here? </p><p> </p><p>

Could it be the Mafia can choose who their hitman is? I cannot remember if that was the norm for the games on here.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>@Crychon: Forgot to say, I have to give you props for the Orphan Black shout out. Such a great show.<p> </p><p> I am just doing some thinking out loud here, to see if I am misunderstanding something here.</p><p> </p><p> Derek jailed Anti he posted thinking that he stopped the Scum hitman. However, we now know that there was a kill and a poisoner on night one. Therefore, Anti could not be the night one killer correct?</p><p> </p><p> Or am I missing something here? </p><p> </p><p> Could it be the Mafia can choose who their hitman is? I cannot remember if that was the norm for the games on here.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Derek didn't jail Anti, if Astil jailed Derek. Anti could've been that killer.</p><p> </p><p> Really depends on the game. Some have a designated hitter, others someone just gives up their normal ability that night depending on which is least useful that night or whos least likely to be seen doing it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Derek didn't jail Anti, if Astil jailed Derek. Anti could've been that killer.<p> </p><p> Really depends on the game. Some have a designated hitter, others someone just gives up their normal ability that night depending on which is least useful that night or whos least likely to be seen doing it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Two Jailer type roles, one supersedes the other. Is that a mod call or is it a who gets their PM in first call?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, Arrows, Anti targetting you last night meant he couldn't carry out his ability? We are in a sea of roleblockers..</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. Anti targeting me and acting like he was going to draw a weapon prompted someone to stop him from doing so.</p><p> </p><p> I'm going with that's a protector on me. I don't feel like that's a leap to make, especially after dying the same night last game, and Derek being gone. I'd do it if I were maf. It would amuse me. Stupid things amuse me, though, so maybe that's just me.</p><p> </p><p> I'm sure enough I outed my ability.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>@Crychon: Forgot to say, I have to give you props for the Orphan Black shout out. Such a great show.<p> </p><p> I am just doing some thinking out loud here, to see if I am misunderstanding something here.</p><p> </p><p> Derek jailed Anti he posted thinking that he stopped the Scum hitman. However, we now know that there was a kill and a poisoner on night one. Therefore, Anti could not be the night one killer correct?</p><p> </p><p> Or am I missing something here? </p><p> </p><p> Could it be the Mafia can choose who their hitman is? I cannot remember if that was the norm for the games on here.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I came very close to making Orphan Black references much earlier, but I figured someone might figure it out and kill one of us. I guess it wouldn't have mattered, because I'm dead anyway lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>can someone clarify something for me, since in the write-up before he got killed Phoenix was with someone right? I am curious if something happened to the person he was with? or am I just reading into it too much?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah the way I read it Phoenix did his RB and then was killed.</p>