Incorporate Mass Signings

In my particular case I am the NWA in 1990 and NJPW just closed its doors. I wanted to sign as many top stars as possible to keep them away from AJPW and WWF. I have ZERO presence in Japan and most of these guys have ZERO popularity in the states. What do I do?

My first plan is to run some non broadcasted events in Japan using these guys, but that still doesn't help their popularity in the USA but I guess i will gain popularity quickly in Japan.

I dont really want them working their way up the roster organically like I would a new signing because some of these guys ar 80's and 90's popularity in Japan and top 10 in best wrestlers in the world.

Any other ideas?

<p>Most logical idea would be to have them as part of an invasion of sorts. They were bought out by this big company, now they'll take out it's talent and make it their own.</p><p> </p><p>

Sort of nexus style. Your angles are gonna tank for a bit but best way to get them over is have them in angles with the main event talent. Massive beatdowns, cheap finish endings to matches with the main eventers. If you want to get them all over quickly, gotta risk poor ratings to get the rewards.</p>

Setup a Brand, put all the Japanese guys you've hired on it, and use it to run shows to build up your popularity in Japan. That way you don't have them on your "main roster" and maybe you can get a TV show there. You can bring in the occasional "outsider" or "hired gun" for story reasons and help them build up USA popularity.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sco xY2Jx" data-cite="Sco xY2Jx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Most logical idea would be to have them as part of an invasion of sorts. They were bought out by this big company, now they'll take out it's talent and make it their own.<p> </p><p> Sort of nexus style. Your angles are gonna tank for a bit but best way to get them over is have them in angles with the main event talent. Massive beatdowns, cheap finish endings to matches with the main eventers. If you want to get them all over quickly, gotta risk poor ratings to get the rewards.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like, and personally use, this idea. It feels realistic and less gamey than other method. Plus it makes the most sense.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kito333" data-cite="kito333" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my particular case I am the NWA in 1990 and NJPW just closed its doors. I wanted to sign as many top stars as possible to keep them away from AJPW and WWF. I have ZERO presence in Japan and most of these guys have ZERO popularity in the states. What do I do?<p> </p><p> My first plan is to run some non broadcasted events in Japan using these guys, but that still doesn't help their popularity in the USA but I guess i will gain popularity quickly in Japan.</p><p> </p><p> I dont really want them working their way up the roster organically like I would a new signing because some of these guys ar 80's and 90's popularity in Japan and top 10 in best wrestlers in the world.</p><p> </p><p> Any other ideas?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wouldn't broadcasting the Japan events in the USA use segment ratings based on popularity in Japan but boost their popularity in USA?</p>

Archived