Hiatus Thoughts

In the next WMMA game, the user should be able to give incentives for a fighter to come back from hiatus. Nothing is more frustrating than getting behind a fighter, watching them capture a championship and go into hiatus (which feels like happens to me all the time). I should be able to at least attempt to bribe them back.

Similarly, the timings of hiatuses are bizarre to me. A 27 year old fighter who signed the biggest contract in MMA and has just won the championship shouldn't be going on hiatus. I would thing the fighter in their mid 30's who lost a big fight might step away for a bit... but not the young buck on top of their game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46190" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In the next WMMA game, the user should be able to give incentives for a fighter to come back from hiatus. Nothing is more frustrating than getting behind a fighter, watching them capture a championship and go into hiatus (which feels like happens to me all the time). I should be able to at least attempt to bribe them back.<p> </p><p> Similarly, the timings of hiatuses are bizarre to me. <strong>A 27 year old fighter who signed the biggest contract in MMA and has just won the championship shouldn't be going on hiatus.</strong> I would thing the fighter in their mid 30's who lost a big fight might step away for a bit... but not the young buck on top of their game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Almost exactly what McGregor did after the Eddie Alvarez fight. I just looked it up and McGregor was 28 for a few months when he went on hiatus.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="derk06" data-cite="derk06" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46190" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Almost exactly what McGregor did after the Eddie Alvarez fight. I just looked it up and McGregor was 28 for a few months when he went on hiatus.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It would be fun to simulate those negotiations - I mean, Dana White has had very limited success negotiating fights with McGregor, so it would be silly if every fighter just bent to the matchmaker's will at the offering of a single payment, but it could be intriguing to negotiate along those lines.</p><p> </p><p> Likelihood would be, I imagine, most fighters on a 'hiatus' wouldn't change their stance - though they could have a hidden 'drive' stat that determines whether or not they have that innate desire to fight as often as possible.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Archived