RIP "Mean" Gene

RingRider

I will always remember him for when he would do spots that were tailored to the local area. I live in Rhode Island and there is this section called Federal Hill (basically Providence's Little Italy) and every time Mean Gene would pronounce it Feed-A-Real Hill. My friends would always laugh about that every time he would say it. I am sad to hear of his passing.

That sucks. While I didn't grow up with "prime" Mean Gene from the WWF, I sure do remember his phone line! And I remember prime Mean Gene from old recordings, and now, the WWE network. He was, nay, is, the best interviewer I've ever seen. No matter how goofy or over-the-top an interviewee was, he was the glue that held it all together, even during the WCW days.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46218" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I will always remember him for when he would do spots that were tailored to the local area. I live in Rhode Island and there is this section called Federal Hill (basically Providence's Little Italy) and every time Mean Gene would pronounce it Feed-A-Real Hill. My friends would always laugh about that every time he would say it. I am sad to hear of his passing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hey! What are the odds?! Another Rhody resident on GDS! That's awesome!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46218" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey! What are the odds?! Another Rhody resident on GDS! That's awesome!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah there were a couple of people from RI on here, Captain Lou was one and I do not recall the other person's username. I am not sure if either are active members anymore.</p>

Archived