The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

<p>Rampage was super fun.</p><p> </p><p>

Christian and Omega had me on the edge of my seat. Fantastic showing from both with a clever finish that protects Omega. I think Andrade takes the AAA title from Omega tomorrow. Every time I've tried to watch Triplemania in the past it's been an awful show, but Andrade vs Omega has potential. </p><p> </p><p>

Miro vs Fuego was fun too for what was essentially a squash. Sammy bringing out a contract for Fuego was a cool moment.</p><p> </p><p>

Red Velvet and Britt was fun as well. Super excited Hayter is back. I love her and she's well, friggin gorgeous.</p>

- Christian vs Omega © was my MOTN. Loved the finish. Impact get Christian for a bit then Kenny can win the titles back at All Out and continue collecting belts.

- Fuego vs Miro © was a fun squash. Miro put Fuego over like crazy. Glad he got a contract. It looked like a shoot judging by his reaction.

- Velvet vs DMD © was great and the crowd were super hot for it. WTF Jamie Hayter. I didn't recognize her at first. I was expecting Chelsea Green.

Excalibur: Who is that? Me: That's an excellent question. Excalibur: That's Jamie Hayter! Me: That name sounds vaguely familiar... It's almost the complete opposite of the "Doudrop" business over in WWE. Corey: Who is that? Me: It's Piper Niven. Byron: Some mystery woman has aligned herself with Eva Marie. Me: It's Piper Niven! Corey: Whoever she is, she is taking the fight to Naomi! Me: IT'S PIPER NIVEN!

What a great debut for Rampage.

That Pittsburgh crowd was super hot most of the show.

The Christian vs Omega match was great... really well-paced with an unexpected finish: I did not see Christian winning the Impact title.

The Miro vs Fuego del Sol match was a fun squash. Miro gave him a lot more offence than I expected. I didn't think Fuego would win the TNT title, but I thought he might win by count-out or reverse decision after Miro submitted him & maybe continued brutalizing him or something. I just thought they were hyping the whole contract stipulation too much for him not to win the match. I was wrong... well played AEW :D

The crowd was super hot for Britt's entrance & the beginning of the match. Cooled off a bit here & there as the pacing of the match fell off a bit. Solid though & good finish.

I enjoyed the first episode of Rampage a lot and can't wait for the First Dance!

- Christian vs Omega © was my MOTN. Loved the finish. Impact get Christian for a bit then Kenny can win the titles back at All Out and continue collecting belts.

- Fuego vs Miro © was a fun squash. Miro put Fuego over like crazy. Glad he got a contract. It looked like a shoot judging by his reaction.

- Velvet vs DMD © was great and the crowd were super hot for it. WTF Jamie Hayter. I didn't recognize her at first. I was expecting Chelsea Green.

My personal opinion is that Christian will hold the Impact title a bit before losing it to somebody from Impact. Like maybe he doesn't lose it at the very next Impact PPV but eventually Impact does get their title back.

My personal opinion is that Christian will hold the Impact title a bit before losing it to somebody from Impact. Like maybe he doesn't lose it at the very next Impact PPV but eventually Impact does get their title back.

I assume he beats Myers at Emergence then drops the belt to someone at BFG. Now who is a big enough star to actually beat Christian?

Impact doesn't really have any names as close to Christian's level

What is Christian's level though? He had the hot start when he got there, but then he seemed to disappear for a bit. MidCardona. -_- He does have the GCW World Title.

In all honesty, I think someone like Moose works. Maybe Cass. Hopefully not Sami Callihan - never was able to get into his character.

From a merch sales stand point, Christian trumps everyone on the Impact roster.

I mean the two biggest names on the Impact roster right now are Christian and Jay White and they're not even officially Impact wrestlers.

Christian is also an Impact legend. They already ran through most of the babyface challengers so it makes sense that they switched the title to Christian. I ultimately think they are building to Josh Alexander winning the title.

I think it's too early for Omega to lose all his other titles without pulling the trigger on Hangman soon. That won't happen until at least Full Gear in November. This should just be a stumbling block to keep the belt collection story fresh and make Kenny even more driven for the next few months. There is a possibility he loses the AAA title this weekend and wins it back on Dynamite in the near future.

It shouldn't be too hard to schedule title matches with GCW, NWA and NJPW (NEVER title while White is in the US). Takeshita looks set to win the DDT KO-D Openweight Champion at the big Peter Pan show this month and they teased something with him and Omega when he appeared in AEW.

I think it would be a good story to see Omega faltering under the weight of the titles he's collected, he starts losing them (while still being protected). Then he's doing everything he can to hold on to the AEW Title, the crown jewel of everything he'd collected. Him losing that to Hangman would still be huge - essentially Hangman vanquishing Omega on that character arc.

I assume he beats Myers at Emergence then drops the belt to someone at BFG. Now who is a big enough star to actually beat Christian?

Josh Alexander. Maybe not the name Christian is but he can put on a great match with him and Impact would be making a new star in the process. That being said, they'll pick Sami.

Josh Alexander. Maybe not the name Christian is but he can put on a great match with him and Impact would be making a new star in the process. That being said, they'll pick Sami.

Josh would be super fun. Him and Christian would easily have a MOTY contender.

I dig Sami in small doses, but not as a main champ.

Most likely, either him or Eddie Edwards I imagine. Brian Myers is gonna be his first opponent for sure, since he won a battle royal for the #1 Contender spot. Josh Alexander would be my first choice too, though as he's currently the X Division champion I can see why they'd not. Other wrestlers I'd be okay with defeating Christian for the title are Ace Austin, Joe Doering or Moose.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's a fatal four way at Emergence with Moose, Ace Austin, Sami Callihan, and Chris Sabin to determine Christian's challenger at Victory Road.<p> </p><p> From a match quality stand point, I hope it's Sabin as he's head and shoulders above everyone else.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean, yeah, it's gotta be Sabin.</p>

He's got the whole world, in his hands... He's got the whole wide world, in his hands.

- 2.0 vs Sting & Darby was fun. Nice to hear the hot crowd giving 2.0 & Garcia heat and chanting for Sting.

- Sammy vs Spears was great. Caster could learn from Spears how to get heat without crossing the line. Aubrey vs Tully!

- Enjoyed the Don/Christian exchange. Dante rewarded with a promo spot. Lambert can cut one hell of a heel promo. Men of the Year are going to regret attacking Archer.

- Jurassic Express vs Young Bucks © was great. So many nearfalls and a nice call-back with the chair. Kenny mad lol.

- More women getting promo time on Dynamite. Keira Hogan doing high profile jobs. Steel cage! Hook... Ricky... Hobbs!

- Ford vs Rosa was solid. Sign me up for Miro vs Kingston. Mox says screw your alignments lol.

- MJF vs Jericho was my MOTN with Sammy vs Spears a close 2nd. The crowd did a solid job singing Judas. Loved the camera spot and Jericho hitting the Lionsault. The finish was perfect. MJF won clean with the stipulation making the difference.