The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

Few things.

They're close to selling out Arthur Ashe for Dynamite. Only around 1,000 tickets left in a 19,000 seater. The card is awesome, so not really surprised.

Also, apparently Chavo was kicked to the curb because it was time for him to go back to work on Young Rock and he should return in some capacity when filming is done.

Strange they only used him for less than a month though.

• Eddie being pigeonholed into being Moxley's eternal butt buddy is very unfortunate.
  • Miro vs. Sammy makes next to no sense, as does the car thing. Very WWE booking.
  • Too many squash matches overall. The level of wrestling on TV has dropped quite a bit.
  • Team Taz is kinda irrelevant after 400 TV jobs, that stable has zero heat, and getting beat like a drum by the Punker isn't gonna help.
  • Do not like Omega vs. Danielson being booked for this show. Both are hurt too much by losing, Omega should have said no, and made Danielson chase him. The New York show is stacked already. Maybe do Danielson vs. one of the goombas. That would have been plenty.

I do wonder if the original plan was to put Ric Flair with Andrade, but I imagine they'll nope the F out of that idea after last night's Dark Side of the Ring.

The fact Dreamer is taking the heat for telling the story that RVD and the flight attendant confirms is disgraceful honestly.

Who are you referring to as "goombas"? You complained about squash matches, then appeared to request Danielson vs. Michael Nakazawa.

The Goode Brothers, Brandon Cutler, The Bucks individually, Rich Swann take your pick. Omega shouldn't rerun the exact same angle he just ran. And Danielson really can't be losing his debut.

<p>The one thing I forgot to add was how wrong I was about Ruby Soho, I thought she'd do really well as a change-of-pace vet option, but she's so much better than that. And she was held down so much harder by Vince than I could have imagined. </p><p> </p><p>

In the sea of "Is this a stripper, or a wrestler" style girls with very similar ring gear, all doing WWE PC stuff, under the big 4 or 5, she sticks right out in a really cool way. Rooting for that title match to be something special and for her to do some fun stuff with Rosa, Riho, and Shida down the line.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> [*]Team Taz is kinda irrelevant after 400 TV jobs, that stable has zero heat, </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think you even watch the shows. Hobbs and Starks win 90% of their matches.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't think you even watch the shows. Hobbs and Starks win 90% of their matches.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He hasn't been on TV at all before this month. If you're watching Dark, good for you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The fact Dreamer is taking the heat for telling the story that RVD and the flight attendant confirms is disgraceful honestly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He's not taking the heat for that, he's taking the heat for brushing it off with a "boys will be boys" type of response. Honestly, I had hoped for better from Dreamer, and I am extremely disappointed in his attitude about the incident.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He's not taking the heat for that, he's taking the heat for brushing it off with a "boys will be boys" type of response. Honestly, I had hoped for better from Dreamer, and I am extremely disappointed in his attitude about the incident.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean... people do remember he's an ECW guy right? Ric Flair swinging his donger is probably fairly tame in 2002 or whenever it was. I mean, people should read the Motley Crue road diaries book to see what the travel culture was like 30 years ago. The world was a very different place.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: And before people think I'm condoning the activity, I'm not. I'm just not down with punishing people for expressing the feelings they had 20 years ago on a documentary. The purpose of these things is to have people be open and honest. Suspending them for stuff like this makes people have the opposite effect that you want. They just won't tell you next time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He's not taking the heat for that, he's taking the heat for brushing it off with a "boys will be boys" type of response. Honestly, I had hoped for better from Dreamer, and I am extremely disappointed in his attitude about the incident.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly you both have a good point here. I mean Tommy definitely deserves heat for his incredibly stupid comment but Flair deserves MORE heat for the actual for the sexual assault.</p>

<p>- Butcher & Blade vs Lucha Bros © was my MOTN. Loved the mask sacrifice. PNP with the save.</p><p>

- Nothing could make me more hyped for Danielson/Omega than I already am.</p><p>

- Bunny vs Jay was solid but too short.</p><p>

- Hardy & Evans shaving the OC fan's hair was entertaining.</p><p>

- DMD & Ruby firing head shots lol.</p><p>

- Fuego vs Miro © was good. Sammy/Miro should be great. Shame we didn't see Miro destroy the car.</p>

<p>It would be crazy not to run Omega vs Danielson. The execution could go many ways.</p><p> </p><p>

- BD wins clean, most fans would be happy but after already losing to Christian it might lessen the impact when Hangman beats him.</p><p> </p><p>

- BD wins via an accidental distraction from Cole but it might be too early to plant that seed.</p><p> </p><p>

- TV Time remaining draw (Elite banned from ringside) with the 2 still fighting as they go off air would be my preferred option. Makes BD look strong that Kenny can't beat him without help. Casual fans might be unhappy but draws are rare in AEW so it would be the perfect time to do it.</p><p> </p><p>

- Omega wins via shenanigans. Uninspired option because it's been done to death during this title reign.</p><p> </p><p>

- Omega wins clean. Worst option possible.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Honestly you both have a good point here. I mean Tommy definitely deserves heat for his incredibly stupid comment but Flair deserves MORE heat for the actual for the sexual assault.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I urge everyone to watch the episode. Ric Flair isn't even the worst offender. You get an unbelievable picture of Brock Lesnar, Scott Hall, really everybody. It's an hour-long global smear on the wrestling business in that era. Tommy Dreamer just shrugs and says he believes she was out to get paid, which is horrible, but he's getting treated worse than Lesnar, Scott Hall, and Ric Flair here and 2/3rds of that list was an eyeblink from raping a flight attendant in drug-addled drunken apism, and the stories are corroborated. </p><p> </p><p> Don't get me wrong here, it's horrific. The Terry stuff is the worst of it to me because these flight attendants had to deal with these monkeys for 10hrs, and she had to deal with them for 15 years.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- BD wins clean, most fans would be happy but after already losing to Christian it might lessen the impact when Hangman beats him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep. It's also incredibly lazy booking to just rerun your previous angle. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- BD wins via an accidental distraction from Cole but it might be too early to plant that seed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Screwy finish to the Main Event? The crowd will turn on this. It's NY, basically more expensive Philly. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- TV Time remaining draw (Elite banned from ringside) with the 2 still fighting as they go off air would be my preferred option. Makes BD look strong that Kenny can't beat him without help. Casual fans might be unhappy but draws are rare in AEW so it would be the perfect time to do it...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No chance they're going that long. And if you say 15-minute time limit, the crowd will immediately know it's going to be a draw, and they will turn on it. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- Omega wins via DQ. Uninspired option because it's been done to death during this title reign.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Screwy finish on a show that sold 20k tickets. This is the worst possible option. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- Omega wins clean. Worst option possible.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly, the best overall option. You have Danielson sell a neck injury and you beat him with the One-Winged Angel. It's a bad option, but you go with a Texas Death Match or something for Full Gear.</p>

Owen Hart is All Elite!

AEW has partnered with the Owen Hart Foundation.

There will be new Owen Hart merch including an action figure and he'll be in the upcoming AEW video game.

They also announced the Owen Hart Cup with the winner receiving a trophy called The Owen.

This is so dope

Owen Hart is All Elite!

AEW has partnered with the Owen Hart Foundation.

There will be new Owen Hart merch including an action figure and he'll be in the upcoming AEW video game.

They also announced the Owen Hart Cup with the winner receiving a trophy called The Owen.

This is so dope

Also, a great excuse to get Bret back in a few times a year to present the trophy and do an angle or w/e. Hope it's based on the old Slammy design.