The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

Just now, Kamchatka said:

Yuta v Garcia for the Pure ROH as the main event feels like such a fortuitous timing moment of New Generation after the last few days.

I am hoping for some Kingston. It feels a great time to be putting him into a build. And of course more Wingmen Wednesdays #WingmenWednesday

I hope that's not actually going to be the main event. Because nothing says ratings draw like a mid-card ROH title match. Also what is an Interim Eliminator match?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Makhai said:

I hope that's not actually going to be the main event. Because nothing says ratings draw like a mid-card ROH title match. Also what is an Interim Eliminator match?

I'm personally more interested in that match than most Dynamite main events. Unless Jericho shows up on commentary again, listening to him during the Danielson/Garcia match gave me Mark Madden flashbacks.

And I'm 99.9% sure the eliminator match is a street fight. Almost every time a match has a random name like that it's a street fight. For some reason wrestling promoters just refuse to call a spade a spade.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I'd say the Pure title is closer to a floating title than a midcard one.

Edited by The Swanton825

7 minutes ago, Makhai said:

Tell that to MJF. 

I should have clarified what I was talking about, but I'm half asleep and annoyed. 

I wasn't referring to people here, just the reactions I'm seeing from around my feed in general. The same people who have complained about things not being handled professionally are mad that the responsible thing was done

Not sure what you're referring to with MJF, because his entire hiatus was a work and if you think otherwise, I have some bored cliché to sell you 

Edited by Jaysin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

I should have clarified what I was talking about, but I'm half asleep and annoyed. 

I wasn't referring to people here, just the reactions I'm seeing from around my feed in general. The same people who have complained about things not being handled professionally are mad that the responsible thing was.

Not sure what you're referring to with MJF, because his entire hiatus was a work and if you think otherwise, I have some bored cliché to sell you 

I don't even know if you watched the open. But if it was a work, then he was brought back to have his balls cut off by Moxley after doing a comedy face promo that he just about saved. 

Edited by Makhai

2 minutes ago, Makhai said:

I don't even know if you watched the open. But if it was a work, then he was brought back to have his balls cut off by Moxley after doing a comedy face promo that he just about saved. 

I know you hate-watch AEW, but come on, it wasn't a face promo, he was mocking babyfaces and it was hilarious. He's a sniveling heel through and through and Mox cut him down like a bad ass babyface is supposed to do. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

I know you hate-watch AEW, but come on, it wasn't a face promo, he was mocking babyfaces and it was hilarious. He's a sniveling heel through and through and Mox cut him down like a bad ass babyface is supposed to do. 

Yeah, that's my point. 

MJF went from "Save Us MJF" To Eric Young in 2 mins and 15 seconds. Why? Moxley could have just came out and did that promo? 72 hours ago he was the coolest heel in wrestling. And now he's a joke who can't get his coat off? 

For what purpose? To get that plucky upstart Moxley over?

Edited by Makhai

I'm gonna be honest dude, I'm a really positive guy and I try to find common ground with damn near everyone, but I just don't understand you. I don't mean that in a negative way, we just don't see wrestling the same way and that's okay. Discussion is healthy, but we just butt heads and don't really make any headway either direction.

Also, Tony could take a backseat as commentator to be the head of talent relations on camera and I'd love that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kamchatka said:

Im a little biased due to how iconic Shiavone's voice is calling matches so i don't want to lose him from commentary.

Taz, Ex and Tony are my dream trio with Regal popping to flirt heavily with the man in the mask every once in a while as a treat.

Oh I love Tony on commentary, I just don't want him taking on too much. 

33 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

I'm gonna be honest dude, I'm a really positive guy and I try to find common ground with damn near everyone, but I just don't understand you. I don't mean that in a negative way, we just don't see wrestling the same way and that's okay. Discussion is healthy, but we just butt heads and don't really make any headway either direction.

Also, Tony could take a backseat as commentator to be the head of talent relations on camera and I'd love that

And I mean no disrespect by that Danhausen line. I just really think you would be into that sort of thing.

You've tried to get me banned multiple times now. So excuse me if I take the olive branch here with both eyes on your waistband. Conversation and conversion are two different things. 

JR posted that he's not in Buffalo. So they might be pulling the trigger on Excalibur in the big chair. 

Edited by Makhai

4 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Oh I love Tony on commentary, I just don't want him taking on too much. 

yeah like i was thinking just the rare moments that they need someone to do serious talk to the camera time like TK did at the top. But totally agree, wouldnt want to overload him.

Edited by Kamchatka