The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

11 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Wardlow is one of the most over acts on the roster and wins almost every single match. He's on TV pretty much every week. How is his push bad?

After MJF he went downhill. Had a comedy feud with security and the joke manager. Had a crap feud with Lamberts people. Then had a ten+ min match with Orange Cassidy. Then went into a thing with Lethal and tall man number 5. 
a push isn’t just about winning it’s about how you win. If it took stone cold ten minutes to beat crash holly then stone cold falls to hollys level more. Wardlow has fallen a lot since the MJF feud.

... You are not seriously comparing Orange Cassidy to Crash Holly. I love Crash (RIP) but he could only DREAM of being as over as Cassidy is. Orange has been featured previously as being able to go toe-to-toe with the likes of Kenny Omega and Cody Rhodes.

Also, the Rock had a pretty long match with the Hurricane, if I recall correctly, didn't hurt him any.

- Hardy vs Darby was solid. Matt should re-team with Private Party as a trio. HoB should focus on the tag division until they recruit a new member.
- Sammy/Kingston should be fun if they keep it professional.
- Good Claudio promo. Jericho namedropping every company lol. Had to fit him on the Grand Slam card somehow. They need to wrap up BCC vs JAS soon.
- Jade should dropped her title by now. Diamante finally back on TV. Was she referring to Mercedes Martinez?
- Ford vs Willow was solid. She licked her face!
- Vance turning on Dark Order next week?
- Ego vs Danhausen was a fun squash. I prefer Ethan's vlog theme.
- Woods vs Joe (c) was my MOTN. Riccaboni! Wardog!

Edited by milamber

1 hour ago, Matt_Black said:

... You are not seriously comparing Orange Cassidy to Crash Holly. I love Crash (RIP) but he could only DREAM of being as over as Cassidy is. Orange has been featured previously as being able to go toe-to-toe with the likes of Kenny Omega and Cody Rhodes.

Also, the Rock had a pretty long match with the Hurricane, if I recall correctly, didn't hurt him any.

Not comparing him in the sense of overness but in the sense that Wardlow should’ve defeated him in a few minutes just like he did many others. Inlcuding guys like Morrisey and MJF. He should’ve been crushed over like Goldberg not exposed in long matches against someone who is 3 times smaller than him.

30 minutes ago, milamber said:

- Jade should dropped her title by now. Diamante finally back on TV. Was she referring to Mercedes Martinez?

I hope not. Whoever Diamante brings is most likely going to be Jade's next feud, and Jade vs Martinez at this point isn't going to play well regardless of winner.

If Mercedes wins, it's a nice feather in her cap, but ending Jade's streak should be reserved for someone who could be the future of the division. At almost 42, Mercedes is not the future of the division.

On the other hand Jade beating the ROH Women's champion is a bad message if Tony Khan is still hoping for a TV deal. This wouldn't be like Jericho beating Yuta or Claudio beating Dax, this would be a flat out "AEW > ROH" situation. And that's assuming  the ROH title isn't on the line. Can you imagine the response if Jade wins a title for a company traditionally known for work rate?

39 minutes ago, TigerClawTV said:

I love impact wrestling. It makes me kinda sad to see thier numbers next to everyone else. On the other hand, it was the fact that they were so much smaller that initially drew me in.

Honestly, I look at the Impact of today as a separate company from the TNA that repeatedly broke my heart as a kid. I think they're much better off where they are now as a stable alternative to the big boys and they don't need to be competing with WWE or AEW to be successful at that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Not comparing him in the sense of overness but in the sense that Wardlow should’ve defeated him in a few minutes just like he did many others. Inlcuding guys like Morrisey and MJF. He should’ve been crushed over like Goldberg not exposed in long matches against someone who is 3 times smaller than him.

For a comedy character Cassidy has always been booked as a threat. He beat Jericho twice, drew against PAC, took Ospreay to the limit and was close to winning the AEW title in a 3-Way against Omega & PAC. IMO, Wardlow and Jade should only be squashing enhancement talent and lower midcarders not upper midcarders like Athena & Cassidy who should look strong in defeat to preserve their overness.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 11:06 AM, Matt_Black said:

He's part of Stokely Hathaway's new stable that's aligned with MJF, alongside Lee Moriarty, Ethan Page, and the Ass Boys Gunn Club.

IDK if anyone mentioned this. They were referred to as The Firm. Thought I was gonna have to update my AEW TEW save but it looks like most of those guys are still floating around in ROH because of my inflated AEW roster

When Wardlow was teamed with FTR. After the post-match run in that Dax's daughter came in and beat Sonjay. You could see Wardlow and Joe shaking hands and smiling and looking like they were having a good convo. I remember thinking that that would make for a dream team. And now, guess who's teaming together next week!! I swear sometimes Tony Khan reads my mind, or he somehow has hacked my AEW save in TEW. Or I'm psychic. 😛

2 hours ago, milamber said:

For a comedy character Cassidy has always been booked as a threat. He beat Jericho twice, drew against PAC, took Ospreay to the limit and was close to winning the AEW title in a 3-Way against Omega & PAC. IMO, Wardlow and Jade should only be squashing enhancement talent and lower midcarders not upper midcarders like Athena & Cassidy who should look strong in defeat to preserve their overness.

But the problem is that the matcha with Cassidy didn’t need to be booked. Let’s not forget they’re both faces as well. So how would that help Wardlow. 

2 hours ago, djskeemask said:

Also exciting news!!! I'm sure I'm the last to hear this, but I've avoided reading news cause there is always changes and delays. The new AEW video game will feature OWEN HART!!

The GM mode for the AEW game won't let you book more than one women's match per show.

1 hour ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

But the problem is that the matcha with Cassidy didn’t need to be booked. Let’s not forget they’re both faces as well. So how would that help Wardlow. 

Character development? After the match, he gave a show of respect to Cassidy. That's a fairly standard goal for a face versus face match.

5 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

The GM mode for the AEW game won't let you book more than one women's match per show.

That's what my TEW save is for. BTW, I'm starting to work on a Dynasty for that save. Check it out in the Dynasty section. Stables posted just now. Working on posting more info posts. I won't book anymore events until I get all my info posted. I still haven't decided on a format for my shows yet. But in my game, Dark Elevation and Rampage are the shows for "tonight" and I have a PPV, No Mercy 2022 scheduled for the following night. I run a schedule of Dark/Dynamite same night shown diff days, same with Elevation/Rampage. PPVs are 4th Saturday of the month

9 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Character development? After the match, he gave a show of respect to Cassidy. That's a fairly standard goal for a face versus face match.

Yes but wardlow is supposed to be a monster and has been booked poorly since his feud with MJF. They were throwing babies in the air when he was coming out now they just pop.

1 hour ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Yes but wardlow is supposed to be a monster and has been booked poorly since his feud with MJF. They were throwing babies in the air when he was coming out now they just pop.

I think part of that is because MJF, for all his faults, did an incredible job building him up through their feud. Now Wardlow doesn't have the benefit of feuding with one of the best heels around.

4 minutes ago, TigerClawTV said:

I think part of that is because MJF, for all his faults, did an incredible job building him up through their feud. Now Wardlow doesn't have the benefit of feuding with one of the best heels around.

That’s one reason I definitely feel. But I feel like the booking by TK has done him no favors. Especially that security guard feud. 

• Like 2

Wanted to do a little cheap advertising. I finally got all basic info posted for my new dynasty. It is an alternate AEW. I had some issues come up today and didn't get everything I wanted to done. But health issues come first. Dark: Elevation is posted with Rampage to be posted in the morning. Hope you guys enjoy!

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/54682-all-elite-wrestling-changes/

Edited by djskeemask
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1