The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

On 8/16/2023 at 6:55 AM, Matt_Black said:

There was drama with Punk in TNA. There was drama with Punk in WWE. There was probably drama with Punk in ROH (I don't know, I never followed it and you can't make me). MAYBE completely different groups of people each decide to collaborate and torment this poor misunderstood wrestling genius, or more likely, Punk is just a jerk.

I recall Teddy Hart claiming that he and Punk had a fight while both were in ROH. Back then, I chalked it up to Teddy Hart being Teddy Hart, but now I'm wondering if this was one of those rare times he was telling the truth. I believe there were rumors as well that his serial dating tendencies at the time caused a lot of drama backstage.

9 hours ago, The Swanton825 said:

I recall Teddy Hart claiming that he and Punk had a fight while both were in ROH. Back then, I chalked it up to Teddy Hart being Teddy Hart, but now I'm wondering if this was one of those rare times he was telling the truth. I believe there were rumors as well that his serial dating tendencies at the time caused a lot of drama backstage.

That happened in TNA and isn't just confirmed by Teddy, but confirmed by witnesses. It was either a draw or Teddy beat the s--- out of Punk. But the drama came from Teddy being Teddy.

1 hour ago, aXminster said:

Yesterday once again the angles were great and the matches were subpar. Joker Sting was the high point of the night for me. I LOVE YOU STINGER!

That Leatherface thing was atrocious, but at least it was for charity.

Joker Sting was the highlight for me too. All my friends received different Joker Sting gifs immediately 😂

- Cassidy (c) vs Yuta was my MOTN. BCC have made a lot of enemies. Eddie! Stadium Stampede!
- Sleazy Uncle Don. Kenny is a good promo when he's serious. Old DDT footage! BCG ambush! Golden Cowboy Lovers unite!
- Callis/Jericho segment full of twists. Incredible painting. Ospreay! NJPW/DDT crossover. Sammy getting chants.
- Perry might not want to mess with Taz's title.
- Darby & Wayne vs Mogul Embassy was good. Joker Sting!
- Outback Steakhouse, Crocodile Dundee, boxing kangaroos, Charlie, TK lol. Sweet ride. Roddy you idiot lol. Storytime battle was great.
- Texas Chainsaw match was a cluster. I had no interest in a movie tie-in version of a 2011 TNA match.
- DMD vs Bunny was solid.
- HoB destroying the Acclaimed was better than a squash. Nice to see more Dynamite/Collision crossover.
- Gunns vs Young Bucks was good.

8 hours ago, El Güro said:

That happened in TNA and isn't just confirmed by Teddy, but confirmed by witnesses. It was either a draw or Teddy beat the s--- out of Punk. But the drama came from Teddy being Teddy.

Oh right. Don't know why I thought it was ROH. And I should've figured Teddy was the one to start it, though it says a lot about how Punk has behaved that I even considered giving that rotted branch of the Hart family the benefit of the doubt.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

Cash Wheeler arrested on assault charge (aggravated assault with a firearm)

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/2023/08/18/pro-wrestler-cash-wheeler-arrested-on-assault-charge/

Edit: Americans will have to fill me in but I guess he's not going to London based on this.

There are updates to the report stating that there was some sort of road rage issue and he flashed his gun at the other driver. What a boneheaded thing to do. 

42 minutes ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

That’s what the victim statement is supposed to do. There’s two sides to every story though.

Yeah, because I'm sure someone can justify swerving in and out of traffic and aiming a gun at another being. 

• Like 2

I'm not saying Cash needs to be jailed or anything as it seems like a heat of the moment thing and not malicious, but there's no justifying it to me. You pull a gun, there better be a damn good reason. Cash is cooperating and the prosecutors seem like they're not going for the jugular, but I hope Cash gets the help he needs. It's just not normal mode of thinking or remotely rational. I love Cash and he typically seems like a genuinely good dude, but this is just a no good situation. 

Gonna be interesting to see how Tony handles this. I noticed we will hear from FTR on Collision tonight - could be something, could be nothing.

At the very least I think I would prefer them dropping the titles and disappearing for a while, let this thing reach its conclusion (whatever it will be, I'm not a lawyer and have no idea) and deal with the outcome from there. If nothing happens, then absence makes the hard grow fonder and they'll get a pop on returning, if something happens then at least AEW hasn't featured him on TV regularly and doesn't have to deal with the optics on that.

4 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

That’s the victims side of the story though…

I live about an hour and a half from his hometown and this is typical Appalachian redneck behavior, "Piss me off and I'll get my gun!". Coming from a family that's always been strict on gun safety, it's worrying just how many people I've met since I moved to the South who treat firearms like toys. I have no trouble seeing someone from this area, who idolizes the old school Southern culture, doing something like this. Of course, an "old school guy" once threatened to shoot me when I told him I'd defend myself if he threw me against the wall after a match, so perhaps I'm projecting?

The Iron Savages are so bad and cringey. They were bad enough as dorky Bear Country and somehow even worse as Iron Savages.

Did they say why Big Bill isn't being managed by Nana and teaming with Brian Cage anymore? I feel like I missed something because the last match Bill had was teaming with Cage. 

Edited by Jaysin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Did they say why Big Bill isn't being managed by Nana and teaming with Brian Cage anymore? I feel like I missed something because the last match Bill had was teaming with Cage. 

No, but it kind of writes itself. The last big match that the two had was for the titles. They lost. I don't believe Nana was ever Bill's manager, instead merely being Cage's. They could have kept it going, but Ricky Starks made a better offer and Cage's faction is involved in a different storyline with Darby, Nick Wayne, and Sting. The only reason the two were even teaming was a random draw tournament. It was fun enough, but life's taking them in different directions. It is what it is. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Jaysin said:

The Iron Savages are so bad and cringey. They were bad enough as dorky Bear Country and somehow even worse as Iron Savages.

Big Bill was part of the Firm which split up. He teamed up with Cage for the tag tournament but never joined the Mogul Embassy.

- The Golden Vampire lol.
- White vs Dalton was good. Strong promos.
- BCG vs Iron Savages was solid.
- Acting like Billy died. Hype LFI video!
- Absolute Ricky Starks is sick of working with amateurs like Schiavone. Him managing Big Bill should be fun.
- This Swerve/Fox/Darby/Wayne storyline is hot.
- Willow vs Diamante was good. Statlander with the assist.
- Toni's hair was glorious.
- Hobbs vs Ku was a solid squash. Camel clutch was a nice touch. Miro walks a lonely road.
- Darby vs Cage was PPV quality. Darby's bumps are insane.

Edited by milamber