The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

9 hours ago, milamber said:

Grand Slam was Dynamite's highest Demo since Sep 14th 2022 and highest Viewership since Feb 22nd 2023.

They completely wrecked the #2 too. The thing is TK always has a problem following up. Now would be the time to have another killer show for next week to try to keep the viewers. Forget the lower card people for a moment.

10 hours ago, aXminster said:

They completely wrecked the #2 too. The thing is TK always has a problem following up. Now would be the time to have another killer show for next week to try to keep the viewers. Forget the lower card people for a moment.

Not going to happen. WrestleDream, Title Tuesday, Full Gear, New Year's Smash and Battle of the Belts are coming up as well a rumored new PPV in December.

Edited by milamber

Rampage was fun but too many tag matches. Main event, mixed tag and Skye vs Hart were my favorite matches. FITE split the show into 2 episodes with full intros so I accidentally watched the 2nd half first lol. Hung Bucks as ROH Trios Champions is interesting. Is TK stacking ROH for a streaming deal or just trying to hype up Final Battle?

For a glorified developmental brand, ROH has a pretty stacked Hall of Champions at the moment. I think somehow Shane Taylor and Lee Moriarty should win the tag titles though. Or, add a third member to STP and take the six man titles back. Shane is awesome and should be in title pictures.

May be an image of 8 people and text

• Like 1

- Darby vs Christian vs Luchasaurus (c) was good. Perfect finish.
- Hook & RVD vs Magic & Ang was solid.
- WrestleDream shaping up nicely. The Kingdom are underrated at promos.
- Julia vs Hogan was solid. I hope Willow is OK.
- White vs Andrade was great.
- Good Ortiz and Taylor promos.
- Workhorsemen vs FTR (c) was solid. Aussie Open dressed to impress. Passionate promos.
- CJ opposing Miro instead of managing him is more fun.
- Ricky vs Danielson was my MOTN. Enjoyed the "fans" selling the crowd dive.

3 hours ago, Jaysin said:

If Deonna Purrazzo really is a free agent soon, she has to be #AllElite right? Deonna is one of the best in ring workers in the world regardless of gender. 

I'd like to see Deonna and Queen Aminata in ROH where they would get more chance to shine. Supposedly Mariah May is about to be signed. She's still a rookie but has improved immensely in Stardom this year. Hopefully Mercedes Mone after her injury.

Edited by milamber
  • Like 1

- Fenix (c) vs JJ was solid.

- At least Cole can still film skits.

- Hunting Ibushi in Tokyo! Don Callis Family need a proper theme soon. Ricky/Yuta should be fun.

- Nick vs Cage vs Claudio was my MOTN.

- Liked the Righteous promo.

- Trying to pop a rating with multiple MJF/Cole segments. Adaaaaaam! Hot Roddy lol. White vs MJF hype! Breathe with the new champion King Switchblade.

- Christian/Darby has had a strong build. I want Christian to retain for the heat.

- OC vs Austin vs Penta vs Matt was good.

- Julia vs Willow was good. Crowd reaction was loud for both. The women getting better time slots is progress but they still need more matches.

- Swerve/Hangman contract signing was good. Killshot... I understood that reference. Devil cliffhanger!

Bobby Fish recently did an interview and kind of backtracked on his bad mouthing of Tony Khan and AEW. He praised TK for paying Kyle this entire time he's been injured. I wouldn't be surprised if Fish and Kyle reunite in AEW down the line. They'd certainly be a better tag team to have in the main event than Kingdom. 

- Juice vs Andrade was good.
- Starlet Toni is awesome.
- Kingdom vs Best Friends was good. The suitcases lol.
- We in the money!
- Julia vs Vertvixen was a solid squash. Julia/Statlander has had a stronger build than most women's title matches. Vertvixen should be signed to ROH.
- Barnett was supposed to face Mox I guess.
- Jericho & Kenny vs Gates of Agony was good. Kenny on Collision was a treat.
- Righteous squash was OK.
- Women can't get a 2nd match on PPV without using the Mixed Tag loophole WTF.
- Aussie Open, Ricky & Big Bill vs FTR, Danielson & Yuta was my MOTN.