The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

1 hour ago, CQI13 said:

So Hausman isn't just a Punk stooge on this, and we have to believe what he says? I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but at least bring receipts. And his post on X was disingenuous - looking to stir the pot for the sake of stirring the pot. 

That doesn't appear to be relevant to what I actually posted.  Matt Black said the audience was muted for the taped Jericho segment, I wondered if it was because the fans weren't reacting as AEW wished.  Never did I mention anybody named Hausman, nor have I ever to my knowledge.

46 minutes ago, MightyDavidson said:

So apparently Jericho and Guevara have a tag title shot now.  I really hope they don't have Starks and Big Bill drop the belts to those two.

Jericho has had one ever since he and Kenny beat the Young Bucks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MightyDavidson said:

Well I suppose it makes sense that he's permitted to switch out his partner, given Kenny's injured.  I still hope Jericho and Guevara don't win.

While I agree, this is different then most of the Battle for the Belts events matches, of which. A lot of those didn't have a build prior to it happening so... I'm expecting the worst.

- Sting & Darby vs Workhorsemen was solid. Starting with Flair eww 🤮
- Takeshita spotlight.
- Trent vs Kingston (c) was good. Crimson nose.
- Going to be sad if Stat turns on Willow. Boots the Iguana! Hook needs an actual storyline.
- Komander & Keith vs Kingdom was solid but random.
- Copeland vs Griff was solid but an ROH tag wrestler accepting an impromptu challenge made no sense.
- Skye vs Kiera was solid. Need a Rosa match next week.
- Claudio vs Everett was a pointless squash.
- HoB vs FTR was my MOTN. FTRedDeath incoming.

Dynamite was a strong show focused on younger talent. Collision wasn't as good with too many randomly booked midcard matches.

Edited by milamber

On 1/6/2024 at 10:30 PM, CQI13 said:

So Hausman isn't just a Punk stooge on this, and we have to believe what he says? I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but at least bring receipts. And his post on X was disingenuous - looking to stir the pot for the sake of stirring the pot. 

Let us not forget Kylie Rae did heart tweets regarding this. And AEW hasn’t outright denied anything or called it ridiculous. 

Edited by The Blonde Bomber

- Hangman vs Claudio was my MOTN.

- 8 Man Tag was solid.

- Joe laying down the law. Everyone shooting their shot.

- Toni killing it. Donna Palazzo lol. Poor Mariah.

- Sammy vs Ricky was good.

- 8 Women Tag was good. Stoke lol.

- Roddy vs Keith was solid.

- More women's segments is progress. Velvet is alive yet again.

- Sting & Darby vs DCF was fun aside from Flair's involvement. Didn't expect the Young Bucks.

Always feels special returning to Daily's Place. Stage setup was unique.

Edited by milamber

On 1/7/2024 at 6:32 AM, FellaLibby said:

While I agree, this is different then most of the Battle for the Belts events matches, of which. A lot of those didn't have a build prior to it happening so... I'm expecting the worst.

Well thankfully it looks like we worried for nothing.  Starks and Big Bill retained.

• Like 1

- Copeland vs Moriarty was good.

- Archer & Righteous vs Mogul Embassy (c) was solid. Should have put this on ROH and given the women a 2nd match instead. 1 women's segment every hour of TV should be mandatory.

- Dustin vs Mack was solid. Good backstage promos.

- Hangman vs Drake was good.

- Deonna vs Velvet was good.

- Hook vs Matthews was a solid squash.

- FTRedDeath vs HoB was my MOTN. Garcia & Daddy Magic are getting over big as babyfaces.

- Jericho & Sammy vs Starks & Bill (c) was a fun street fight. DCF made the difference.

- Anna vs Julia (c) was solid.

- Cassidy (c) vs Vance was good.

Being called scapegoat gives the idea that he was wrongfully blamed when he was absolutely in the wrong and acted like a child. Maybe he'll turn this into a positive and make it work, but it'll be awhile before I give the guy a chance personally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Being called scapegoat gives the idea that he was wrongfully blamed when he was absolutely in the wrong and acted like a child. Maybe he'll turn this into a positive and make it work, but it'll be awhile before I give the guy a chance personally.

From what I saw he was barely blamed at all.  I mean folks here blamed him but otherwise there was a massive stampede toward "CM PUNK BAD" with hardly any mention of Perry.  Not that I think that Punk is entirely blameless mind you but he's hardly the only one who deserves blame.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MightyDavidson said:

From what I saw he was barely blamed at all.  I mean folks here blamed him but otherwise there was a massive stampede toward "CM PUNK BAD" with hardly any mention of Perry.  Not that I think that Punk is entirely blameless mind you but he's hardly the only one who deserves blame.

Oh I know Punk received the brunt of it. I thought it was unfair then and I still do. Punk was still in the wrong, but he's the one who lost his job, Thankfully for him, WWE's giving him an even bigger platform to finish his story since that's the trend. 

• Like 4

On 1/15/2024 at 4:41 AM, milamber said:

Jack Perry is a 5'5'', 100 pound guy with a Robert Gibson face who has the demeanor of Lex Luger or Shane Douglas.

Guy thinks he can go out there looking like Randy Mulkey and thinks the fans will take him as a physical threat.

In the ring, Perry can't do high spots and doesn't have good basics.

His departure is addition by subtraction.

What a pittance.

2 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Jack Perry is a 5'5'', 100 pound guy with a Robert Gibson face who has the demeanor of Lex Luger or Shane Douglas.

Guy thinks he can go out there looking like Randy Mulkey and thinks the fans will take him as a physical threat.

In the ring, Perry can't do high spots and doesn't have good basics.

His departure is addition by subtraction.

What a pittance.

Not to mention, NJPW is unlikely to pony up the cash for the one thing Jack had going for him: using "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora as his entrance music.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MightyDavidson said:

Not to mention, NJPW is unlikely to pony up the cash for the one thing Jack had going for him: using "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora as his entrance music.

I'm pretty sure even if they did, it wouldn't help Perry.

Wrestlers getting over because fans like to sing their music very much is an AEW thing.

I would pull the trigger on Hook winning.

Yes, Hook is green as grass, but so was Bill Goldberg in WCW.

And Samoa Joe is the perfect guy to drag a great and memorable match from Hook.

Joe is a great wrestler, but AEW hasn't presented him or protected him like Hook.

On the wrong side of 40, he doesn't have the upside Hook has either.

Either way, this should be a fun match.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

I'm pretty sure even if they did, it wouldn't help Perry.

Wrestlers getting over because fans like to sing their music very much is an AEW thing.

I would pull the trigger on Hook winning.

Yes, Hook is green as grass, but so was Bill Goldberg in WCW.

And Samoa Joe is the perfect guy to drag a great and memorable match from Hook.

Joe is a great wrestler, but AEW hasn't presented him or protected him like Hook.

On the wrong side of 40, he doesn't have the upside Hook has either.

Either way, this should be a fun match.

• Like 3