The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

3 minutes ago, psx said:

i think the joke was funny becuse christian has a history of concussions

lol he's a hypocrite

Yeah, I think that nuance went over some heads. 

I don't think CTE or 9/11 or much of anything outside of children should be off limits, as long as the content is at least creative. Christian being a hypocritical scum bag is typically entertaining as heck. I look at his character as if he's mocking the fans who try to be edgy, by going where other wrestlers won't.

I'm also a huge fan of wholesome content, but I enjoy creativity. 

That said, I have had numerous concussions of varying degrees and have often wondered if that's the reason for my memory and concentration issues. So maybe I should be a little more sensitive to concussion related issues 🙃

8 hours ago, Wonk said:

Imagine posting repeated comments ogling fictional female characters and rating their "jigglyness" and then trying to present as some kind of moral arbiter for a wrestling angle.

I deliberately make fun of the whole Sex Appeal Diva thing - I much prefer the current real world where women aren't treated like objects.  It's a game and I muck around about elements of it and joke about things like Diva matches.  It's okay though because you are entitled to your opinion and tone can often be difficult to establish in a written form.  I have dropped references to jiggling because of people like yourself who didn't like it.  I thought it was a clearly silly way of referring to a clearly silly thing but if people dont like something I am very much willing to avoid causing offence.

The stuff in AEW last week was the real world.  Stuff was used that probably shouldn't be.

Have a good day.  And no thats not sarcasm ... your point isn't wrong.  You may of misread my tone in certain posts but as I said tone can be difficult and what one person thinks is funny can be offensive to another and I took that on board.  I genuinely hope you have a good day, the game is fun and the people on the boards are trying to have fun and I have no intention on spoiling your fun - if I ever cross a line for you just tell me - trust me I wont take offence and I will listen to you.

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 1