The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

A bit of a random post but just wanting to see what peoples opinions are of Adam Page? I've been loosely following AEW since the start and by that I mean; I watch the highlights of Dynamite weekly/when I can and catch up with their bigger shows a day or two later. But when I watched Double or Nothing he seemed he was disparately over, have I missed something? I know in the earlier days he was set for a mega push but can't remember much recently.

Also I had seen a clip of Bully Ray talking about the Bucks, saying that they have the shtick of a 90's Shawn Michaels/ Triple H where they are likeable because they don't care what people feel about them and they are over so they don't care what's thought about them.

What are peoples thoughts on them? For me I don't like them as the hype about them has been there for years, comparisons with the Hardys etc but have never seen something that has come close. Give me most solid teams over them any day.

Also I am more of a AEW fan than WWE so these are genuine questions rather than anti or pro either.

A bit of a random post but just wanting to see what peoples opinions are of Adam Page? I've been loosely following AEW since the start and by that I mean; I watch the highlights of Dynamite weekly/when I can and catch up with their bigger shows a day or two later. But when I watched Double or Nothing he seemed he was disparately over, have I missed something? I know in the earlier days he was set for a mega push but can't remember much recently.

I think they slowed Page's push since they've been running without crowds or very few fans. With fans returning I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up taking the belt from Omega at All Out.

Great worker, very over and his redemption story will be one of my favourite stories ever, if he actually wins the title from Omega. He HAS to be the one to do it. Anything less will be a disappointment.

Also I had seen a clip of Bully Ray talking about the Bucks, saying that they have the shtick of a 90's Shawn Michaels/ Triple H where they are likeable because they don't care what people feel about them and they are over so they don't care what's thought about them.

What are peoples thoughts on them? For me I don't like them as the hype about them has been there for years, comparisons with the Hardys etc but have never seen something that has come close. Give me most solid teams over them any day.

Very, very good workers - probably not as good as they are told - but they need a filter to tone down their stuff in the ring and out of it.

Agreed with the posts above re: Page. Winning the belt off of Omega would just be too perfect.

As for the Bucks, I love them. I think they're polarizing in a way that you either love or hate them. I get that they aren't "it" for a lot of people, but I enjoy that style of wrestling. I think most of the criticism towards them is probably valid, but for me it's part of what makes them unique.

Great worker, very over and his redemption story will be one of my favourite stories ever, if he actually wins the title from Omega. He HAS to be the one to do it. Anything less will be a disappointment.

Very, very good workers - probably not as good as they are told - but they need a filter to tone down their stuff in the ring and out of it.

Redemption from what? (not being awkward but I genuinely don't remember a lot of his work from AEW other than initial push and something where he drank as a cowboy?). I think maybe the YB gimmick is lost on me, I see them as an internet/smark hyped machine ti be left underwhelmed feel from them.

Redemption from what? (not being awkward but I genuinely don't remember a lot of his work from AEW other than initial push and something where he drank as a cowboy?). I think maybe the YB gimmick is lost on me, I see them as an internet/smark hyped machine ti be left underwhelmed feel from them.

His arc has gone from losing to Jericho for the title, being in Omega's shadow, while they win and then lose the belts. As Kenny's ego grows, which breaks up the team, Page sinks into drink. The alliance with the Dark Order was obviously unplanned but coincides with Page surging up the rankings. He's the number one contender but probably won't get his shot for a long time now.

I used to enjoy the Young Bucks in New Japan/ROH, but them and Omega haven't been anywhere near entertaining to me for the most part in AEW. There have been a handful of matches that I enjoyed, but for the most part I think all three are insanely overrated, Omega especially. The Bucks and Omega are just dorks. I feel like all three are just still coasting off their New Japan reputations.

I certainly wouldn't say the Bucks are anywhere near the best tag team in the world as AEW and the Bucks try and say. Even as faces, they didn't follow the rules of tag matches. Way too many super kicks and unneeded moves. Plus, their BTE trigger finisher looks weak as hell.

I want to enjoy them, but I just don't anymore for the most part.

Just caught Andrade's appearance on YouTube.

That was underwhelming, if not just bad. Vickie's shtick is old and kills Andrade's cool factor for me. It made sense for Edge at the time, and it was kinda 'ok' for Ziggler for the whole cougar gimmick, but man they killed my interest in him already.

Guy looks like a million bucks, everyone knows who he's with irl, and he's getting put with a 53-year old woman who shrieks just like she did 15 years ago.

Zelina Vega or someone like Salina de la Renta would be great, but Vickie, in 2021? That's a nah from me

P.S. Besides, it was so... random. Didn't feel special at all

I don't mind Vickie as Andrade's manager personally, but would have preferred Zelina Vega, Shaul Guerrero, or Salina de la Renta.

That said, I imagine Zelina won't show up anywhere until Black's non compete clause expires in a few months.

Of all the people in the recent firings, I hope AEW picks up Ruby Riott the most. I had the honor of working her merch table and she's one of the kindest and most giving people I've ever met. Plus, she's criminally underrated in the ring. And she has a unique look.

AEW's women's division has grown quite a bit, but she would he a huge asset

I'd also like Chelsea Green and Santana Garrett to get picked up, but Ruby is the main one for me.

I wish they would of teased a new signing for a couple of weeks and then have Andrade debut on the live Dynamite when Jungle Boy takes on Omega later this month. Similar to how MLW teased Mil Muertes' arrival. Will be interesting to see how they book Andrade.

I liked that Andrade was a surprise, but I would think debuting him on a regular Wednesday night edition would have been far more intelligent since the 10PM Friday slot is pretty much a death sentence for television. I guess it shows that AEW is willing to do big things even on a weirdly scheduled show, but just seems off.

I read that Tony Khan has actually been talking with Andrade since his release, but Andrade had some extravagant demands including creative control and the power to veto losing matches. I love Andrade, but that's nuts. I know he's a much bigger star in Mexico, but he isn't as big in the States, so it's odd to try and big league the second biggest promotion in the States.

Apparently, Impact was willing to give him his demands, but it wasn't guaranteed money, it was a pay per appearance deal.

I read that Tony Khan has actually been talking with Andrade since his release, but Andrade had some extravagant demands including creative control and the power to veto losing matches. I love Andrade, but that's nuts. I know he's a much bigger star in Mexico, but he isn't as big in the States, so it's odd to try and big league the second biggest promotion in the States.

Apparently, Impact was willing to give him his demands, but it wasn't guaranteed money, it was a pay per appearance deal.

I read that Khan did give him creative control & veto power. You'd think with Khan being as big of a fan as he is he'd remember what happened to WCW when they started giving people creative control.

I read that Khan did give him creative control & veto power. You'd think with Khan being as big of a fan as he is he'd remember what happened to WCW when they started giving people creative control.

No, they came to a compromise. It wasn't stated what the compromise was, but typically a compromise means they met somewhere in the middle.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, they came to a compromise. It wasn't stated what the compromise was, but typically a compromise means they met somewhere in the middle.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did not see that. Smart move on both ends to come to a compromise.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, they came to a compromise. It wasn't stated what the compromise was, but typically a compromise means they met somewhere in the middle.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would assume insurances that would protect him in Mexico like he likely isn't losing to anyone that works for AAA, maybe other than Omega. The dynamic is weird because he is such a bigger star in Mexico as compared to the United States. Pac had similar demands when he was the Dragon Gate champion, which allegedly ruffled some feathers at the time but Khan was able to work around it for the most part.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scmurph01" data-cite="scmurph01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did not see that. Smart move on both ends to come to a compromise.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Khan is showing some decent business skills in AEW's short life. I think it's beneficial having guys who lived through WCW, ECW, and TNA at their respective peaks and downfalls in the company to sort of mentor him on what not to do. I'm not sure if they have a say in the business side, but you'd have to be crazy not to pick their brains. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hailthebulldog" data-cite="hailthebulldog" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would assume insurances that would protect him in Mexico like he likely isn't losing to anyone that works for AAA, maybe other than Omega. The dynamic is weird because he is such a bigger star in Mexico as compared to the United States. Pac had similar demands when he was the Dragon Gate champion, which allegedly ruffled some feathers at the time but Khan was able to work around it for the most part.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's what I imagine as well. </p><p> </p><p> That said, I would love to see Andrade face off against countless talents in AEW, especially Hangman, Rey Fenix, Penta, Pac, Christian, Jungle Boy, and even though it would be a contrast of styles, I feel like Eddie Kingston and Andrade could have a barn burner.</p><p> </p><p> I've loved Andrade since his La Sombra days and his main roster run in WWE was so lackluster. Here's hoping AEW and AAA give him some much needed redemption. I would also like to see him do some stuff with New Japan with Naito.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Andrade was a star in Mexico and NXT, then he joined Raw/Smackdown... can't blame him for wanting to protect himself going forward.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, totally understandable from that POV, but it's been a few years since NXT so his star has dropped considerably in the States.</p><p> </p><p> I do hope Angel Garza gets to leave WWE too at some point so he can be used better elsewhere</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Andrade doesn't have creative control<p> </p><p> <a href="https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/06/correction-on-andrades-aew-contract/" rel="external nofollow">https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/06/correction-on-andrades-aew-contract/</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> "However, I had incorrectly reported that Andrade’s final deal had some limited creative control."</p><p> </p><p> Translation: We would rather be first than be right and it's all about clicks anyway.</p><p> </p><p> As for Andrade, not a fan of the Vickie pairing but whatever. I am sure he will do fine.</p>

Has any promotion at any point in history had a tag division as good as AEW's?

Not even trying to be an AEW fanboy, but holy moly, their tag ranks are friggin stacked!

Hopefully the promo Santana and Ortiz cut on Elevation is an indicator that they're on their way to the top finally. In my opinion they are the best team in the world bar none and have been for a few years. Even though I adore the Inner Circle, it's kind of put Santana and Ortiz on the backburner in the tag division.

Has any promotion at any point in history had a tag division as good as AEW's?

Not even trying to be an AEW fanboy, but holy moly, their tag ranks are friggin stacked!

Hopefully the promo Santana and Ortiz cut on Elevation is an indicator that they're on their way to the top finally. In my opinion they are the best team in the world bar none and have been for a few years. Even though I adore the Inner Circle, it's kind of put Santana and Ortiz on the backburner in the tag division.

I've recently started watching through all of the old Dynamites on B/R Live and while I do think Santana and Ortiz have been held back in the tag division, I think them being part of the top heel faction from the beginning has benefitted them overall.