Broadcaster Issue: Is this supposed to happen?

00cb66d952e1c3085780504209fadc49.png

ccd54ce647b96fbd2b97d9c6357c361b.png

So I created a broadcaster to cover some international areas where I either have no coverage or have multiple deals coming to an end. Yet when I tried to sign with my own network, they outright refuse. I would understand if they refused clashing coverage on the day of a show (would still be silly, cause it's MY network) but it would probably be more understandable then outright refusing to sign when the process should be automated...as you know...it's my network and all.

What gives? Bug or just something I am not understanding here? Thanks for any possible clarification.

As you have said, it's because you have created an unusual situation where your own broadcaster is a rival to your existing contracts. The clash block is most powerful in that situation, although normally the other broadcaster contracts would come up for renewal first and you'd lose them.

If there is another patch I would likely change it so that an owned broadcaster can circumvent the blocks in this situation.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As you have said, it's because you have created an unusual situation where your own broadcaster is a rival to your existing contracts. The clash block is most powerful in that situation, although normally the other broadcaster contracts would come up for renewal first and you'd lose them. <p> </p><p> <strong>If there is another patch I would likely change it so that an owned broadcaster can circumvent the blocks in this situation.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As an avid player of the game since demo release day, I have to say the good thing about it is there are many ways to play it, several ways to do things, which on occasion might even makes us miss something obvious. But overall I know the game well enough to know that while there isn't that many things that badly need a patch, this would definitely be one of them. </p><p> </p><p> I eventually resolved the situation, given that I invested in the network mainly cause some contracts were coming to an end and I needed to replace them. So it all worked out. But I would love if this come come to patch soon. </p><p> </p><p> With that said, thanks for the clarification. I figured the block mechanic was being more powerful, but since I wasn't sure if it was actually a bug per se or not, I appreciate the answer. Like I said, I hope it does come to be patched eventually. Thanks for the help.</p>

Archived