Effingham Heights: A Game of Homes Mafia Game Thread

i effin rule

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't quite follow, but okay.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I do.</p>

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Memory of Talon
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crychon" data-cite="Crychon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I do.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah scatch that. I see what he's saying now but the double speak doesn't help.</p>

<p>MoT, I did not "SEE" these posts before my other posts, I have to read through this again.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To be honest DJ as you can see I wasn't quite sure about you either, but if your information is good I think you are in the clear for the time being.</div></blockquote><p> We've talked after this post, before I saw it. I thought you were going somewhere you weren't, but I wasn't following because of posts I missed. </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I need to go back and see but what got me thinking Derek might be scum was that I thought I saw a post where he proclaimed eaygrt the SK prior to any mention if it before. <p> </p><p> After eay turned out to be red aligned, I started to wonder if there was some sort of big play going on between them. </p><p> </p><p> I also have thought that TSS and Derek seem somewhat connected in some strange way. Something about their thoughts have been lining up and I'm not sure if that's a scum team, or just one scum buddying up to another towny.</p></div></blockquote>I think you are right in one way, but 180 degrees wrong in the other.<p> </p><p> It's not for me to tell you though, and I am not sure I want it outed either... I don't know that it makes sense or not.</p><p> </p><p> I get where your going, but my info is second hand. You have to open up a bit to how people play. Some people say things almost nonchalant, but they are actually revealing their findings. I am 100% sure what was meant there, and it cleared two people for me. I have an .... advantage so to speak though, on the matter. Otherwise I wouldn't have caught it either.</p>

Guest Memory of Talon

Change vote: Rabbitman

I'm just going to leave this here for now and get some sleep. I think some of us are on the same page again.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

This vote is subject to change

It is Day 3. You have until 2:00pm EDT on Monday, June 3rd (7:00 pm GMT) to make nominations. Your elected officials have decided to enact a rule allowing them to decide who is lynched. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched. The phase can end early in the event of a unanimous decision.

Nominations

djthefunkchris: 1 (Emark)

Lynch

Rabbitman: 1 (Memory of Talon)

Leion: You're quiet as well. How do you feel about TBP?

20. Leion - Nothing, so scum. Start posting

First off, I apologize for not posting as much as I used to, I am currently at the end of my university life, and there are a lot of papers and documents that I needed to submit and it was quite hectic, I will graduate by the end of this month so hopefully that would make all of this worth it.

As for the game, TSS your frustation on DC's death and lack of protection seems fake to me. I read it as you trying to fish for the protector role, trying to antagonize whoever they might be to react. I could be reading it wrong and this is actually genuine, but I have seen scum used that exact play and succeed with it.

Honestly at this point I don't care who you think I am or not. Unless you have really good reasons to trust TSS and Derek we can stay where we are from each other.

I don't blame you, and it's ok. I missed the posts and got the wrong impression with you. I actually feel better about you, and there is nothing you can do about that.

So, please quit looking scummy to me... for a couple of days at least. I will say... I would have done exactly what you did if I didn't have the information I have.

Also. I figured something out. I can cross someone two people (not counting you) off the other list I have.

First off, I apologize for not posting as much as I used to, I am currently at the end of my university life, and there are a lot of papers and documents that I needed to submit and it was quite hectic, I will graduate by the end of this month so hopefully that would make all of this worth it.

As for the game, TSS your frustation on DC's death and lack of protection seems fake to me. I read it as you trying to fish for the protector role, trying to antagonize whoever they might be to react. I could be reading it wrong and this is actually genuine, but I have seen scum used that exact play and succeed with it.

LOL, This post is funny to me. I believe in education, and you have posted about this stuff before. But you're behind on some things, maybe go back and re-read a bit.

Vote: Too Sweet Spartan

This is where my vote will go and remain.

You've already switched off but I'm going to respond to this regardless. I am town. I am trying to help. And I can't tell if it is tunneling or general distrust or whatever but I don't understand where yours, Lukess, and others reads are coming from towards me.

Regardless, we've both seen the same posts and now my alignment is a lot more clear. But it shouldn't have had to come to this in the first place.

My phone isn't letting me multiquote so Leion's post is next.

You've already switched off but I'm going to respond to this regardless. I am town. I am trying to help. And I can't tell if it is tunneling or general distrust or whatever but I don't understand where yours, Lukess, and others reads are coming from towards me.

Regardless, we've both seen the same posts and now my alignment is a lot more clear. But it shouldn't have had to come to this in the first place.

Just to be clear... You do look scummy. It's not tunneling, you're playing weird.

LOL, This post is funny to me. I believe in education, and you have posted about this stuff before. But you're behind on some things, maybe go back and re-read a bit.

Yeah, it seems things moved into another direction while I was posting, if you are saying what I think you are saying then, okay.

Hmmm, but this doesn't help.

Hey, I've been trying to do something but it's taking longer than I thought it would. It's stating the obvious that it's good that there are less deaths.... I have a working theory that the deaths from Night 1 were a chain reaction of deaths that kept moving along the chain....

Obviously BlueStar's killer got away, but the deaths seem to move along to MLT (who targeted BlueStar), to Paws (who I believe targeted MLT), to hellshock (who i believe targeted Paws) and then to Eternal Phoenix (who i presume targeted Hellshock). I think that neatly explains what happened and it could potentially have been a lot worse if the chain had continued on and wiped out everyone with an active ability. :eek:

I'm glad the council voted to control the lynch and give us time to play out the phase. We may have some ability based things to go off yet if the write up is anything to go by but I agree with TSS that we need to ask more questions and be more active in looking for our own leads. I feel like he's got Effingham Heights' best interests in mind so anyone giving feedback to those questions is helpful overall.

I'm in the midst of a bunch of days at work but I will keep trying to give direction when I can. I feel like I keep passing by this game like a ship in the night. But it's all good, and I'm going to keep trying to do what i can. Will have more time tomorrow to contribute more, but I do have to put some money in the bank or they will lay the smack down on me. :p

I mostly agree with what you said about night 1 kills happening, but one thing that popped into my mind is that Bluestar could have had 1-shot kill that he could have used on EP (would explain why it was tiger killing EP instead of a "beast") as well. I could see EP targeting one of the victims too but just wanted to throw that option out there.

Also fair about asking questions part. I haven´t bee particularly comfortable doing so yet myself as I´m still learning the line on asking questions that reveal some useful info but not too much but guess I try.

That's a bad read. I'm struggling because I don't have a strong role and am still forming reads. And I'm mostly annoyed that Caleb got killed after outting himself and the next thought everyone had was that the mailman should just reveal whatever they found, just felt like scum hunting for another power role. And I'm not even convinced it was scum doing it, just town offering up our only night help. We can't have many power night roles left, we need to be protective of them not throwing them to the wolves.

But if I'm going to say don't go my way, I should offer an alternative: D1 I said I wanted to put my trust in you and Zergon until I felt that it was a bad idea. I've been paying attention to Zergon and it made me feel that my trust was poorly placed.

I'm getting a huge scum read on him. Maybe I'm overly paranoid because I know he is good at playing scum. But he's acting sketchy to me. I feel like he's acting overly innocent.

I'm on my phone but he made a post right after Eargyrt got lynched and we found out there were 2 scum teams. His post came off phony to me like he already definitely knew it.

Fair enough on the not outing power roles and suspecting me parts. The reason why I was hoping to get the reveal is that with two scum groups and only 15 players left, I don´t think that we can lose any more towns on misslynches and at least to me, there doesn´t seem to be particularly clear routes to go at the moment.

Not certain what you mean on me being overly innocent or that two scum team posts being "phony" parts, hard to defend on the first one without you giving me an example and the ladder was pretty obvious with his aligment which you yourself confirmed. I do have a slight town read on you so if you want to ask questions on me, please do so.

Rabbitman's absence worries me and I was going to bring that up in this phase... I don't have any bad vibes on TSS just now, and very little readon showtime at the moment.

I do have a question I really liked when someone else asked it in another game.....

@everyone: If you HAD to kill one other player right now, who would it be?

For me... I think it would be Destiny. I'm getting bad vibes from him. Feel like he's fishing for a lot of info, not giving up anything in return, and in general seems to be trying too hard to be town... I've read back over some of his posts and while I feel like I might be tunnelling on him, I have a bad vibe. If anyone else has any thoughts there, they would be appreciated.

I am heading to be very soon though.... might not be around to make it an actual dialogue.

That´s a pretty good question. Currently my top three suspects would be Destiny, Rabbitman and Leion.

Of those, Destiny has looked scummy to me in both previous games a played as well (and he was town both times) so not putting that much trust into that read. Rabbitman is mostly absent but he´s been that way on both previous games were I had seen him so I would target Leion myself as I think he´s slighly less active that what he usually is.

Destroyer not being on your scum team worrying you? :cool:

It could if I would be scum but I´m town (yeah, I know, that´s what everyone says). If you want to fish info from me, you need to ask bit more direct questions. :D

Straight up wrong. I was mad because Caleb shouldn't have died. It was dumb for a scum team to choose him and even dumber for it to have actually worked. Our protectors dropped the ball, simple as that. We'll figure stuff out post game, maybe there's more to it but for now it feels like a bad misplay.

But I don't want them outting themselves. That exact same post I stress the need for us to keep some roles close to our chest if we want any chance of winning. I get that it is only technically day 3 but we lost 7 townies in 2 nights. It makes me feel like we're already in midgame and need to keep staying effective like last phase.

Come on Leion, if you're going to rejoin the game and start pushing leads, I'm happy. But re-read the posts and re-think your reads.

Now to stop being so cranky, I'm getting to bed. Tomorrow I'll be back and more active (like I said I'd be).

Guest Memory of Talon

Don't take it the wrong way. It just means I think you are good enough to pull a fast one on everyone. Incorrect reads happen all the time, especially at the beggining of a game where things aren't so clear.

I will always be looking out for the possible big plays.

It also doesn't help that the of the remaining group of players, there are not that many left that are very active and it's only day 3. There is such a thing as activity bias in these games.

Looking at a list of possible scum from people who haven't said very much is much more difficult.

Well, looks like Leion just came back when I was writing my last post so guess it´s time to try my hand on questions (and yes, I´m stealing other peoples questions in case it isn´t painfully clear already :p).

So Leion, Do you see yourself in night write-ups? (don´t need to specify were just yes or no)

Do you have any potential scum reads you would like to share?

Straight up wrong. I was mad because Caleb shouldn't have died. It was dumb for a scum team to choose him and even dumber for it to have actually worked. Our protectors dropped the ball, simple as that. We'll figure stuff out post game, maybe there's more to it but for now it feels like a bad misplay.

But I don't want them outting themselves. That exact same post I stress the need for us to keep some roles close to our chest if we want any chance of winning. I get that it is only technically day 3 but we lost 7 townies in 2 nights. It makes me feel like we're already in midgame and need to keep staying effective like last phase.

Come on Leion, if you're going to rejoin the game and start pushing leads, I'm happy. But re-read the posts and re-think your reads.

Now to stop being so cranky, I'm getting to bed. Tomorrow I'll be back and more active (like I said I'd be).

Hmmm, I did say that I could have read it wrong, but the way you responded makes me more iffy about you. But if you are cranky then I will lay off for now and see where that leads.

Don't take it the wrong way. It just means I think you are good enough to pull a fast one on everyone. Incorrect reads happen all the time, especially at the beggining of a game where things aren't so clear.

I will always be looking out for the possible big plays.

It also doesn't help that the of the remaining group of players, there are not that many left that are very active and it's only day 3. There is such a thing as activity bias in these games.

Looking at a list of possible scum from people who haven't said very much is much more difficult.

Slightly off topic, but I felt it a shame that the five post limit per day phase thing wasn't a bit more popular. I'm one of the oldest players on GDS (meaning, I've been around since almost the very beginning of it starting here), and I know it's hard to except change, but sometimes change is good and helpful.

I know some people like to play quietly. I just don't get how posting five posts is such a big evil (over 48 hours). I wouldn't expect it to be upheld during shorter durations (like say... 12 hour day phase). I mean under normal rules.

Anyways, that's my rant about grouchy old GDS players.

It could if I would be scum but I´m town (yeah, I know, that´s what everyone says). If you want to fish info from me, you need to ask bit more direct questions. :D
I Keep forgetting your new to this, because you play like you been playing for years.

Do you have any scummy vibes (that's old school, for reads) on anyone?

Well, looks like Leion just came back when I was writing my last post so guess it´s time to try my hand on questions (and yes, I´m stealing other peoples questions in case it isn´t painfully clear already :p).

So Leion, Do you see yourself in night write-ups? (don´t need to specify were just yes or no)

Do you have any potential scum reads you would like to share?

I think I do, but only in this one.

As for scum reads,

TSS - Kind of iffy on this one, but he stays in the maybe scum, maybe town boundary.

TBP's comment about DJ seems like projecting to me, especially after DJ questioning the reasoning of it.

Crychon - seems to be going through the motions and getting a mixed vibe from his posts.

Rabbitman - he is scummy whatever the alignment but I just can't help but get a scum vibe off of him.

that is were I am at as of the moment. I will try to read the thread more and see what I have missed that could potentially help us find more scum.

I Keep forgetting your new to this, because you play like you been playing for years.

Do you have any scummy vibes (that's old school, for reads) on anyone?

I kind of already answered that when I answered Derek´s question on who I would kill but basically Destiny, Leion and Rabbitman is who I´m looking towards right now. Destiny because he feels scummy (but I have felt so in previous games were he has been town too) and Leion and Rabbitman because they are low posters. Leion is back now and has been answering questions so he´s moving slighly down on my list because of that.

Other than those three, I´m looking on those who I feel neutral at the moment. Those are Lukess, Crychon, Tha Black Phenom and Teh_Showtime.

I think I do, but only in this one.

As for scum reads,

TSS - Kind of iffy on this one, but he stays in the maybe scum, maybe town boundary.

TBP's comment about DJ seems like projecting to me, especially after DJ questioning the reasoning of it.

Crychon - seems to be going through the motions and getting a mixed vibe from his posts.

Rabbitman - he is scummy whatever the alignment but I just can't help but get a scum vibe off of him.

that is were I am at as of the moment. I will try to read the thread more and see what I have missed that could potentially help us find more scum.

Alright, thanks for the answers. They did make me feel slighly better about you as my main point against you was just you being inactive and wondering if that had something to do with being busy on discord.

I kind of already answered that when I answered Derek´s question on who I would kill but basically Destiny, Leion and Rabbitman is who I´m looking towards right now. Destiny because he feels scummy (but I have felt so in previous games were he has been town too) and Leion and Rabbitman because they are low posters. Leion is back now and has been answering questions so he´s moving slighly down on my list because of that.

Other than those three, I´m looking on those who I feel neutral at the moment. Those are Lukess, Crychon, Tha Black Phenom and Teh_Showtime.

You have one too many. He understood.

Not sure I understoond this one. One too many scum suspects?
Hopefully, others will.

Not saying your list is right or wrong by the way. I just know one is more than likely wrong, because of revelations this phase.

I don't speak cryptic because I want to (ok, maybe part of me does), and I'm definitely not trying to confuse anyone. I just don't want to make certain things too obvious as it can paint targets on peoples backs.

Archived