Effingham Heights: A Game of Homes Mafia Game Thread

i effin rule

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Memory of Talon

<p>I'm at work so I won't be on till later but this is going to be a doozy.</p><p> </p><p>

Proposals</p><p> </p><p>

1. HOA council will determine who is lynched</p><p> </p><p>

2. The day phase will be only 24 hours</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tha Black Phenom" data-cite="Tha Black Phenom" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We hit red, that's even better. Good job town.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, with the expection that it starts to look like there´s two scum groups since neither Scarpa Family or Vainglory Realty Group doesn´t sound like a single person team to me. </p><p> Though it´s better to find that out early when it´s the case so at least now we know.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As a council member, I want to vote the first one. I have someone in mind who I think is scum and if we can get a quick lynch and it is good, we have set ourselves up for success.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You’re allowed to share the two proposals in thread </p><p> </p><p> Us plebs would appreciate it</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You’re allowed to share the two proposals in thread <p> </p><p> Us plebs would appreciate it</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> MoT already did</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As a council member, I want to vote the first one. I have someone in mind who I think is scum and if we can get a quick lynch and it is good, we have set ourselves up for success.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree that the first one sounds better to me than the second option simply because shorted day phase would likely help scum more but on the same reason I don´t like that your talking about "quick lynch" </p><p> </p><p> Also, if your target is were your vote was this day phase, then I´m bit doubful that you would actually be on right track.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ahh I overlooked it nice<p> </p><p> Well I guess the main question is does #1 still involve a day phase or is it basically another day skip</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good question, I was assuming it´s normal day phase but only council votes count on lynch.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree that the first one sounds better to me than the second option simply because shorted day phase would likely help scum more but on the same reason I don´t like that your talking about "quick lynch" <p> </p><p> Also, if your target is were your vote was this day phase, then I´m bit doubful that you would actually be on right track.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I feel he flip flopped too much. I think it meant during the day so we could find info too I believe.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm at work so I won't be on till later but this is going to be a doozy.<p> </p><p> Proposals</p><p> </p><p> 1. HOA council will determine who is lynched</p><p> </p><p> 2. The day phase will be only 24 hours</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly I would prefer the second option. Even assuming the three of you could agree with a lynch candidate, I'd rather the entire town had their say in who we lynch. A twenty-four hour day phase can also inspire much more activity than a day phase where we have no say in who gets lynched, in my opinion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Honestly I would prefer the second option. Even assuming the three of you could agree with a lynch candidate, I'd rather the entire town had their say in who we lynch. A twenty-four hour day phase can also inspire much more activity than a day phase where we have no say in who gets lynched, in my opinion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have say in who gets lynched. I am open to hearing what everyone thinks. A 24 hour phase would mean someone would probably get rushed lynch due to phases being dragged out here.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You have say in who gets lynched. I am open to hearing what everyone thinks. A 24 hour phase would mean someone would probably get rushed lynch due to phases being dragged out here.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly I see what you mean about FellaLibby and the weird turnaround and commented on it at the time but I'm not sure if that's necessarily a scum tell or just a weird quirk of the player.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I feel he flip flopped too much. I think it meant during the day so we could find info too I believe.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I admit that taking his vote out from eayragt did look scummy but I think he simply believed that eayragt was SK and after working with him in last game, I know he likes to make deals with third parties (during last game, he did lament in Discord that town lynched Crychon instead of making a deal with him).</p><p> </p><p> Also Libby has claimed a role and he did hint that particular role once before telling it which makes me believe it´s his actual role.</p><p> </p><p> That said, I´m slighly less convinced on my own stance now that it was revealed that eayragt was part of a bigger group and not just a lonely SK.</p>

<p>Sorry, still at work for a while and on my phone.</p><p> </p><p>

With the first proposal I would generally be opposed to it, but I also kind of dislike the default lynching rule so I’ll go with what the town thinks.</p><p> </p><p>

The second one is a bit more interesting because day phases can stall out and I think that would create a greater sense of urgency. </p><p> </p><p>

I’m not going to put my thoughts in for a while but I’d love to hear what the general consensus is on both before I do.</p><p> </p><p>

I’ll check in and post more when I get home.</p>

<p>First off, Eayragt is dead. Good.</p><p> </p><p> I had a weird thought that maybe colors were flipped because:</p><p> </p><p> 1. We have a mafia donna with a black title that is dead.</p><p> 2. We have a "claimed" SK with a red title that sounds like an authentic sk "spec ops veteran"</p><p> </p><p> But Zergon is right. "Vainglory Realty Group" does not sound like a one person independent thing at all.</p><p> </p><p> Which means this is a multi-scum team game. Never played one of those before. It means I have to fix my reads a bit. Because now it isn't just town/scum. It is Town/Vainglory/Scarpa. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm at work so I won't be on till later but this is going to be a doozy.<p> </p><p> Proposals</p><p> </p><p> 1. HOA council will determine who is lynched</p><p> </p><p> 2. The day phase will be only 24 hours</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know how I feel about this. I think I'd prefer option 2 since with us getting back to plurality style, I feel like a scum pile on will be a lot more clear/obvious than a majority vote where you see town and scum throwing themselves on a late vote. And realistically, using this day phase an example, we all could've got on Eayragt quicker if we knew the day phase was ending soon and we needed to get a vote in.</p><p> </p><p> But truthfully, if I were council, I'd be strongly tempted to take option 1. It's not even a town/scum thing, just that I trust myself before I trust us all. So I can't in good consciousness say the council are scummy if they take that option too.</p><p> </p><p> So, I'll leave it in council's hands and won't really be upset with either choice.</p><p> </p><p> That being said:</p><p> </p><p> @Lukess - I don't think Fella Libby is scum. I think the unvote was too bold of an action for someone to take if they're trying to blend in. </p><p> </p><p> That being said, my next thought was to look at who jumped at him because there could be scum in that mix. But looking at it, I feel pretty town-ish about a fair bit of the people that jumped on him too (the group was MoT, Caleb, you/Lukess, Showtime) so I feel like the best thing we could do is just log the incident in the back of your memory but not treat it as our main path forward next day phase. That feels like a bad path to me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>First off, Eayragt is dead. Good.<p> </p><p> I had a weird thought that maybe colors were flipped because:</p><p> </p><p> 1. We have a mafia donna with a black title that is dead.</p><p> 2. We have a "claimed" SK with a red title that sounds like an authentic sk "spec ops veteran"</p><p> </p><p> But Zergon is right. "Vainglory Realty Group" does not sound like a one person independent thing at all.</p><p> </p><p> Which means this is a multi-scum team game. Never played one of those before. It means I have to fix my reads a bit. Because now it isn't just town/scum. It is Town/Vainglory/Scarpa. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I don't know how I feel about this. I think I'd prefer option 2 since with us getting back to plurality style, I feel like a scum pile on will be a lot more clear/obvious than a majority vote where you see town and scum throwing themselves on a late vote. And realistically, using this day phase an example, we all could've got on Eayragt quicker if we knew the day phase was ending soon and we needed to get a vote in.</p><p> </p><p> But truthfully, if I were council, I'd be strongly tempted to take option 1. It's not even a town/scum thing, just that I trust myself before I trust us all. So I can't in good consciousness say the council are scummy if they take that option too.</p><p> </p><p> So, I'll leave it in council's hands and won't really be upset with either choice.</p><p> </p><p> That being said:</p><p> </p><p> @Lukess - I don't think Fella Libby is scum. I think the unvote was too bold of an action for someone to take if they're trying to blend in. </p><p> </p><p> That being said, my next thought was to look at who jumped at him because there could be scum in that mix. But looking at it, I feel pretty town-ish about a fair bit of the people that jumped on him too (the group was MoT, Caleb, you/Lukess, Showtime) so I feel like the best thing we could do is just log the incident in the back of your memory but not treat it as our main path forward next day phase. That feels like a bad path to me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believed Eayragt was a SK, wanting to find and kill scum. With the amount of bodies there were on N1, I believed he was speaking the truth that he wasn't trying to be against. Was I wrong to believe? Yes. Do I regret doing what I did? No.</p><p> </p><p> I hold no regrets. The scum is dead and now I'm targetted because I believed in the scum. If you want me dead, then go. Lynch me. But I promise it will show it was a waste of time and you'll wish you target someone else. I have no fear of what'll come.</p><p> </p><p> And due to this, I will not vote next day at all. Not to show innocence, or anything. Your judgement is your own. I'm not talking directly to anyone with this post, I'm talking to everyone.</p>

Archived