ECW 2006 | New Breed Unleashed

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Episode #43:

</strong></p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/U4L56g2fx4g?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="ECW CyberSlam | Episode #43: World Title vs. Undefeated Streak [TEW 2016]"></iframe></div></div><p>

<iframe width="745" height="420" src="<a href="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U4L56g2fx4g" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/embed/U4L56g2fx4g"</a> frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></p></div><p></p><p></p>

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great update. Maybe you should do that kind of thing every six months instead of a year long wait.

Thoughts:

ECW on FX would be a major deal, especially since Fox was briefly interested in WCW IRL.

The roster definitely could do with an overhaul. I don't know who exactly is around on the open market, but I think the undercard could definitely do with refreshing, and most of the ECW veterans could also get kicked. You might think that's harsh, but Paul Heyman did the same thing when he took over ECW in the first place. Raven could be a manager, but even he's pushing it.

I'd love to see a list of available talent for viewers to suggest you pick up (no stats, just names). Anyway, you don't have to get rid of all of them in one go. One month deals, three month deals for the ECW guys makes sense.

As for Al Snow, Movie Star, just get into the editor and drop him down to 45 popularity. That should be enough to give him a pop boost but keep him realistic.

ECW.com Preview - Episode #46 of ECW CyberSlam

<hr color=black>
Previous Episodes:
<hr color=black>
D9wRP3R.png

This week on ECW CyberSlam, Paul Heyman has confirmed another huge announcement, as he promotes what he promises will be the biggest Main Event match in ECW history. Coming off the back of the announcement that ECW would be returning to Television, with a deal to air on FX starting next month, Paul Heyman will address the ECW audience to kick off the year, with a Championship match also scheduled for the show.

At the end of 2006, Kevin Fertig suffered his first defeat in ECW, as he lost to CM Punk in a World Championship match. He returns this week, with a shot at Rhino's ECW Television Championship, hoping to go one better against the man who now holds the best undefeated run in ECW. That will be the first ECW match of 2007, with Low-Ki vs. Johnny Kashmere scheduled to main event the show.

Johnny Kashmere has had continuous issues with The Hustle since standing against them early last year, and will face Low-Ki as he furthers his rivalry with the group. Kashmere has struggled to gain momentum in ECW since The Hustle took out his tag team partner Trent Acid, but with turbulence between the current members of the group, this could be his best chance of upsetting the odds.

Paul Burchill will go one on one with Roadkill on CyberSlam, as Tommy Dreamer provides a "career altering update" regarding his current situation. The "Heart & Soul of ECW" has had a terrible time of it since ECW returned in February 2006, and having been heard saying "I'm done" last month, there is speculation that Dreamer could be set to announce a shocking early retirement!<hr color=black>

Match Card

ECW Television Championship

Rhino © vs. Kevin Fertig

Paul Burchill vs. Roadkill

Johnny Kashmere vs. Low-Ki

<hr>
That was a great update. Maybe you should do that kind of thing every six months instead of a year long wait.

Thank you, and I'd agree it's something that should be more regular. I think going forward with how I hope to see the roster change it's something I will do. In general I think showing the outside world (which I intend to do with the war with TNA becoming more of a focal point going forward) will be a good idea, especially as I look to pluck the best independent talents. That plays into something you said below, in regards to showing available talent and stuff. It's something I might do before the first episode of FX, where I intend to have a bit of an introduction/recap episode before the new show begins.

ECW on FX would be a major deal, especially since Fox was briefly interested in WCW IRL.

Yeah, I think my options were USA network (but I didn't want to be on the same network as Raw), SciFi (which has a stigma based on the real run I think) or FX. I liked the idea of FX most of the options I had, based on my limited knowledge of the various networks.

The roster definitely could do with an overhaul. I don't know who exactly is around on the open market, but I think the undercard could definitely do with refreshing, and most of the ECW veterans could also get kicked. You might think that's harsh, but Paul Heyman did the same thing when he took over ECW in the first place. Raven could be a manager, but even he's pushing it.

I was actually thinking that when reading through the contracts expiring at the start of 2007. It's quite a poor roster really, far too many people who I just have there to lose and who aren't going to ever be anything. If they weren't originals, they wouldn't be any where near the roster. It was only when I looked at the full list that I realised how many of them were. There's probably a dozen roster members who could be replaced by "local talents" to no noticeable difference.

I did feel it was the right call at the start to have a strong "Originals" presence, because I think having a brand new cast with just a few ECW guys wouldn't have gone down well (in terms of how an imaginary audience would respond to it), but a year in, I think the show and some of the new guys are established enough that it would still feel "true" to ECW, even if there's only a handful of originals. It's something that is key to the FX show, and the plans I have currently are to focus on the young, newer guys, while still having RVD, Rhino and Corino (for example) in prominent positions. There will be a clear new look to the roster, and less of the terrible, middle of the show filler matches that are basically a staple of CyberSlam. At least I hope so, anyway.

I see the save in three stages at the moment, the first 22 episodes before I introduced the "new" ECW with the new logo was a pure nostalgia, relive the old days, prove we're still the "real" ECW show. The next 23 (+ these next 4 before Guilty As Charged) were/are about the transition between where ECW was and where it needs to be in 2007. Guilty As Charged will be the showcase event of that transitional period, and then as we debut on FX, I think the roster will be in the shape I want it to be in, and the third phrase can begin, with what I feel would be the type of show Heyman would've wanted a rebooted ECW to eventually become.

Raven has been a disaster (partly my fault and partly him being rubbish), and I can't wait to get his storyline/match with Dreamer done. Don't really see much of a place for him on-screen going forward, but we will see.

As for Al Snow, Movie Star, just get into the editor and drop him down to 45 popularity. That should be enough to give him a pop boost but keep him realistic.

I think Vince might want Movie Star Al Snow back, he deserves to main event WrestleMania 23...

I was actually thinking that when reading through the contracts expiring at the start of 2007. It's quite a poor roster really, far too many people who I just have there to lose and who aren't going to ever be anything. If they weren't originals, they wouldn't be any where near the roster. It was only when I looked at the full list that I realised how many of them were. There's probably a dozen roster members who could be replaced by "local talents" to no noticeable difference.

Clearly, the time has come for General Manager Tiffany to get her promotion two years ahead of schedule and unveil the Superstar Initiative.

I see the save in three stages at the moment, the first 22 episodes before I introduced the "new" ECW with the new logo was a pure nostalgia, relive the old days, prove we're still the "real" ECW show. The next 23 (+ these next 4 before Guilty As Charged) were/are about the transition between where ECW was and where it needs to be in 2007. Guilty As Charged will be the showcase event of that transitional period, and then as we debut on FX, I think the roster will be in the shape I want it to be in, and the third phrase can begin, with what I feel would be the type of show Heyman would've wanted a rebooted ECW to eventually become.

> Heyman would've wanted it to become

So, like, early EVOLVE? :p

Regardless, I'm interested to see you thread this needle!

Raven has been a disaster (partly my fault and partly him being rubbish), and I can't wait to get his storyline/match with Dreamer done. Don't really see much of a place for him on-screen going forward, but we will see.
Could always reform the Flock with some new faces. Raven does have a history with Punk after all...

ECW.com Preview - Episode #47 of ECW CyberSlam

Previous Episode:
<hr color=black>
D9wRP3R.png

This week on ECW CyberSlam, Homicide gets the chance to avenge his defeat to Xavier last month, as they go one on one once again... this time in a Tables Match! The continuing war between the former teammates is set to go to the next level, one week after further questions arose surrounding the future of Low-Ki. Ki showed major hostility towards the other members of The Hustle, including his closest friend Homicide. The Hustle leader will have to put those issues out of his mind however, if he wishes to avoid another defeat to "The Revolutionary" Xavier!

Tommy Dreamer will also be in action on the show, just one week after coming close to announcing his retirement. Having a last minute change of heart, as a result of the goading of Raven and the support of Balls Mahoney and The Sandman, Tommy issued a challenge to Raven for Guilty As Charged. He will face Elijah Burke on CyberSlam before then, a man who he has shared a ring with before, and is very familiar with.

The other match on the card sees Chuck Palumbo compete in his second ECW bout, as he faces "ECW Original" Balls Mahoney. Chuck was dominant in his debut victory over Tony Mamaluke, and is heavy favourite to pick up another win, with fellow F.B.I member Little Guido by his side.

Guilty As Charged main event competitors CM Punk and Rhino are also scheduled to appear, with each man giving his opinion on the Title vs. Title, Winner Takes All match, that will see a dual Champion crowned as ECW arrives on FX!

<hr color=black>

Match Card

Tables Match

Homicide vs. Xavier

Elijah Burke vs. Tommy Dreamer

Balls Mahoney vs. Chuck Palumbo

<p>ECW CyberSlam - Episode #47</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Episode #47:

</strong></p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/KG9PQ2rcB8k?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="ECW CyberSlam | Episode #47: Get The Tables! [TEW 2016]"></iframe></div></div><p>

<iframe width="745" height="420" src="<a href="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KG9PQ2rcB8k" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/embed/KG9PQ2rcB8k"</a> frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></p></div><p></p><p></p>

ECW.com Preview - Episode #48 of ECW CyberSlam

Previous Episode:
<hr color=black>
D9wRP3R.png

If this week's CyberSlam Main Event is anything like the previous meeting between the two men involved, ECW fans are in for a great night of in-ring action, as CM Punk goes one on one with Steve Corino. As previously alluded to, CM Punk and Steve Corino have a history that goes back way beyond their time together in ECW. What most people didn't know however, was that CM Punk had recently entered a relationship with fellow wrestler Alisson Danger... who happens to be Steve Corino's younger sister.

The protective older brother warned CM Punk about getting Alisson involved in ECW, which he described as a "cesspit" of vile individiauls. Punk said that Alisson was free to make her own decisions, which resulted in Corino questioning his manhood. Steve Corino has felt disrespected in ECW recently, complaining about his position within the company. CM Punk bringing his sister into what he believes is a dangerous environement, was the straw that broke the camel's back, and the World Champion can expected a very tough night, 8 days out from the biggest match of his career.

With Guilty As Charged around the corner, and the future of ECW about to change, two other competitors with a score to settle are Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke. Having faced off twice before, each winning one of the meetings, the former F.B.I tag team partners will be out to prove they are the better competitor. Little Guido will have Chuck Palumbo in his corner, but can't take Tony Mamaluke lightly. After all, November To Remember proved that Tony is capable of pulling an upset out of the bag.

Brent Albright is also scheduled to be in a singles match against The Extreme Horsemen's C.W. Anderson, looking to build on the recent success of his team with Chad Collyer. Paul Heyman will run down the Guilty As Charged card on the pay-per-view, but has asked Rhino to stay away from the potentially heated Main Event!

<hr color=black>

Match Card

CM Punk vs. Steve Corino

Brent Albright vs. C.W. Anderson

Little Guido vs. Tony Mamaluke

<hr>

You like distraction finishes too much. Palumbo shouldn't need help to finish Mahoney in 3 minutes, especially when there's another distraction in the last match.

You use those a bit too often I think.

Definitely a fair criticism, and I think it was supposed to be distraction but not distraction finish. Not that it was even necessary at all, but I can only think it was about getting Guido over as a heel by being an annoyance during the match. There's only one outside involvement in the next two episodes of CyberSlam, but it's something to think about going forward for sure. I've planned out the first three shows on FX already, and at the moment there are no screwy finishes so far.

ECW.com Preview - Episode #48 of ECW CyberSlam

Previous Episode:
<hr color=black>
D9wRP3R.png

This week's CyberSlam marks the end of an era, as the show goes into a hiatus following the Guilty As Charged pay-per-view, before returning with new talent, new stars and a new objective. The end of an era episode will see two ECW legends face off in the middle of the ring, The Sandman looking for revenge for the injuries he sustained at the hands of Raven. Just 24 hours after that match, Raven will face Tommy Dreamer at Guilty As Charged, and how that will factor into Raven's gameplan remains to be seen.

CM Punk and Rhino will also be heard from on the show, but have been encouraged to stay away from the building, due to the close proximity of "the most significant match in ECW history", scheduled for Guilty As Charged 2007. ECW management are keen to avoid any injuries or other disturbances, having learned a lesson from November To Remember!

The Extreme Horsemen's long-term interest in Brent Albright & Chad Collyer will continue, with Stevie Richards facing Chad Collyer on CyberSlam. Collyer & Albright will challenge for The Havana Pitbulls' World Tag Team titles at Guilty As Charged, but Chad will have to pass "The Gatekeeper" on the night before one of the biggest matches of his career.

Speaking of The Extreme Horsemen, three of their four pay-per-view opponents would be in action, with The New Hart Foundation making their ECW debuts. They would be joined by Lance Storm at Guilty As Charged, but would be given the chance to display their abilities alone, against Johnny Swinger, Chris Cage & Ray Gordy, collectively known as The Swing Section.

With 24 hours until the high stakes Guilty As Charged pay-per-view, CyberSlam promises to be an explosive night in ECW history, as an era comes to an end... and a new one begins!<hr color=black>

Match Card

Raven vs. The Sandman

The New Hart Foundation vs. The Swing Section (Johnny Swinger, Chris Cage & Ray Gordy)

Chad Collyer vs. Stevie Richards

ECW Guilty as Charged 2007 - Match Card

Previous Episode:
<hr color=black>
rDup9y2.png

ECW World Championship Match - ECW Television Championship Match

|WINNER TAKES ALL - DUAL CHAMPION TO BE CROWNED|

[World Champion]
CM Punk © vs.
[TV Champion]
Rhino ©

ECW World Tag Team Championship Match

The Havana Pitbulls © vs. Brent Albright & Chad Collyer

The Last Chapter

Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer

Homicide vs. Low-Ki

Sonny Siaki vs. Xavier

Extreme Horsemen (Steve Corino, Paul Burchill, C.W. Anderson & Stevie Richards)

vs.

Lance Storm & The New Hart Foundation (Harry Smith, Teddy Hart & TJ Wilson)

Chuck Palumbo & Little Guido vs. Acid & Kashmere

<hr color=black>

ECW World Championship Match - ECW Television Championship Match

|WINNER TAKES ALL - DUAL CHAMPION TO BE CROWNED|

[World Champion] CM Punk © vs. [TV Champion] Rhino ©

ECW World Tag Team Championship Match

The Havana Pitbulls © vs. Brent Albright & Chad Collyer

The Last Chapter

Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer

Homicide vs. Low-Ki

Sonny Siaki vs. Xavier

Extreme Horsemen (Steve Corino, Paul Burchill, C.W. Anderson & Stevie Richards)

vs.

Lance Storm & The New Hart Foundation (Harry Smith, Teddy Hart & TJ Wilson)

Chuck Palumbo & Little Guido vs. Acid & Kashmere