Ellin's Grove: Dragons & Demons [Game Thread]

Rayelek

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the problem is the 2 most viable roles start with R or F.

Rogue or Fighter

now let me consult my compendium of monsters starting with the letter P

*adjusts reading glasses*

Purple Worm

Tunneler: The worm can burrow through solid rock at half its burrow speed and leaves a 10-foot-diameter tunnel in its wake.

Attacks

A swallowed creature is blinded and restrained, it has total cover against attacks and other effects outside the worm, and it takes 21 (6d6) acid damage at the start of each of the worm's turns.

Seems to me that would make a purple worm a natural enemy to a rock giant and funny how it mentions swallowed and acid too.

This service was bought to you by the letter P.

R for Rogue and F for Fighter...

Lesser chance of S for Sorceror or D for Druid

Coming in 5th place is a slight chance of a P town role but you gotta be High for us to believe you.

For right now you get the benefit of the doubt. You might be high and that weak 5th but one thing is for certain...

You're not the acid spitting pit worm cause the acid spitter is...

Greltanidak, Individual Aligned Green Dragon.

Vote: emark

Updated

The Residents of Ellin's Grove

5. lukess11 - sheriff

6. Eternal Phoenix - drunk

11. hellshock70 - monk

15. moon_lit_tears - thief

13. Eliphas - rock giant (n1 untrackable) possibly cave dragon instead

8. Emark - acid spitting dragon

17. Rabbitman - priest or cave dragon

Dead

7. Tha Black Phenom - cult

1. Destiny - Huntsman

16. djthefunkchris - cult

3. Leion - innocent child

4. Zergon - Mayor

12. Imarevenant - bard

9. DeadCeleb - paladin

2. BHK1978 - cleric

10. bak42 - barbarian/orc

14. Too Sweet Spartan - wizard

Y'know, he could've been lying when he said "P," right? :p

I don't need to know Rabbitman's claim but if he really is town like he says then what's the harm in claiming, right? He gives his role, we lynch one of the monsters, boom. But as it stands... What happens if we lynch Rabbitman today and he ends up blue? Do we lose?

Assuming hellshock is correct, we SHOULDN'T, since there's 4 townies and 2 indy and 1 cult/scum left.

Let's see...

1 michgcs

2 MLT

3 EP

4 hellshock

5 Rabbitman

6 Eliphas

7 Emark

Say we lynch Rabbitman, then we're down to 6. No one targets Emark, then he *shouldn't* get a kill, *maybe* Eliphas kills one of us, then that's 5, with 3 townies left.

So I figure, we can (should?) lynch Rabbitman today. Thoughts?

Odd question but could the Innocent Child have counted as cult due to her mother but never shown up as such due to being a child?

That aside, who could the cultist possibly be, if there is one? What is the absolute maximum size the cult could be right now, under a worst case scenario?

Night Phase 4

His trusty arrows and tools at his side, another man also stalked off towards the mountains. Determined, he began to climb when a creature caught him from behind with a large claw, getting pinnned to the terrain. He turned to see the giant, green beast smirking at him, and grabbed for his bow, only to be swiftly swallowed by the monster of the forest before he could react.

Night Phase 2

Standing outside the church, a man clad in armor and wielding a mace looked for someone. His spell having been cast back at the tavern, he had only 1 more task. Looking up at the sky, he saw a terrifying flying beast. The beast landed, and snarled. With no hesitation, he took up his mace and shield, charging the creature. A blast of green acid met the shield, and the shield melted into goo. The mace struck the soft underbelly of the creature, and another roar echoed across the night. Unfortunately, another blast of acid was the warrior's undoing, and the beast flew off into the night.

Night 0 reads...

Deep in the forest, a monstrous creature snarls as it fades to sleep. Soon everything it wanted would be his.

Night 4 is an attack from behind by Emark though could be defensive.

Night 2 is definitely not defensive so my vote stands on Emark

Odd question but could the Innocent Child have counted as cult due to her mother but never shown up as such due to being a child?

That aside, who could the cultist possibly be, if there is one? What is the absolute maximum size the cult could be right now, under a worst case scenario?

If MLT's thief is town that could show up as scum then what is scum besides the don that shows up as town?

If MLT's thief is town that could show up as scum then what is scum besides the don that shows up as town?

I can test MLT's "thief that could show up as scum" tonight.

I don't fully buy Eliphas' gargoyle, though. Don't think I've seen it in any night write-ups. Am fine with Emark today, Eliphas or Rabbitman tomorrow.

I can test MLT's "thief that could show up as scum" tonight.

I don't fully buy Eliphas' gargoyle, though. Don't think I've seen it in any night write-ups. Am fine with Emark today, Eliphas or Rabbitman tomorrow.

We lynch Emark and I'm quite sure I'll be the cave dragons night kill tonight since I'm doing all the finger pointing and getting roles out in the open.

We lynch Emark and I'm quite sure I'll be the cave dragons night kill tonight since I'm doing all the finger pointing and getting roles out in the open.

I'll wait for MLT to come online, we have exactly 4 confirmed townies left so we can get this done.

I'm quite fine with offing the dragon. That's an obvious threat and if he somehow is a survival indy dragon, he's been too loose with the truth and hasn't been around to back anything up and deserves to lose the game.

I'd like a little more discussion on the cult though. Hellshock is talking too much about the obvious monster threat and underplaying the potential cult threat for my liking. For all I know he could have been converted.

I'm quite fine with offing the dragon. That's an obvious threat and if he somehow is a survival indy dragon, he's been too loose with the truth and hasn't been around to back anything up and deserves to lose the game.

I'd like a little more discussion on the cult though. Hellshock is talking too much about the obvious monster threat and underplaying the potential cult threat for my liking. For all I know he could have been converted.

I'm not underplaying anything.

Here is what we know...

4 town

2 dragons

and if Eliphas really is a indy rock giant that makes you the cave dragon...

rock giant + 2 dragons = 3 monsters

Maybe you're right and it's down to the monsters but I'd rather win the game and if there's a chance that one of the townies is actually a cultie...

If there's 7 of us and this cult isn't dead...

-4 town.

-2 monsters.

-1 cultist.

We kill a monster in emark...

-4 town.

-1 monsters.

-1 cultist.

Cultist recruits and remaining monster kills....

-3 town.

-1 monster

-2 cultists.

And if the monster is a survival indy, they win tomorrow.

I could be overthinking things and putting square pegs into round holes but it bears discussing.

Would really like to hear from Thog to see what he thinks of this whole situation. Gotta admit that I've thought of Rabbitman as town the entire time, but A) I was following the Simpsons game on EWB (good job, Destiny and EP) and I noticed that they don't really like role claims and B) can't discount the fact that he might be the don and thus will come up town.

Would really like to hear from Thog to see what he thinks of this whole situation. Gotta admit that I've thought of Rabbitman as town the entire time, but A) I was following the Simpsons game on EWB (good job, Destiny and EP) and I noticed that they don't really like role claims and B) can't discount the fact that he might be the don and thus will come up town.

Unless he sets his personal record for his earliest comment in this game we have at least 9 and 1/2 hours.