Ellin's Grove: Dragons & Demons [Game Thread]

Rayelek

Ellin's Grove was a quiet town, occasionally a stop for travelers on the way into the Greystone Mountains, or the Eldaliering Forest. But when the land's Adventurer's Guild decided to place an outpost in the town, things changed. With the powerful adventurers came evildoers seeking power, monsters seeking a challenge, and powerful magical beasts with agendas of their own.

On this night, a man stands in the tavern, telling jokes, spinning tales, and entertaining the townsfolk. The bartender eyes the crowd, as the barmaid serves the food and drink.

=============================

A man staggers across the town's square, a bottle in his hand. None pay him any mind.

============================

In a mountain cave, a mind wanders.

"Death and destruction are coming...I will have my revenge on those 'adventurers' and that whole vile town."

Deep in the forest, a monstrous creature snarls as it fades to sleep. Soon everything it wanted would be his.

In a dark back room of the tavern, a small group meets. Their conversation is in hushed tones, and there is no drink in front of them. Suddenly light shines into the dimly lit room as a door to the main hall opens. A man pokes his head in.

"Excuse me, is someone in here?

A dark blast eminates from the table, from who it isn't clear. It strikes the unfortunate man in the chest, and he falls to the ground. A trap door is opened beneath the table and the room rapidly empties.

Rayelek is dead. He was Mac Donald, Ellin's Grove Aligned Farmer.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

READ OR DIE

HOW TO PLAY:

- All of you will be PM’d a role and your alignment. The objective is to eliminate all members of the opposing alignment from the game.

- Each player has been given a role with their own special ability. Your PM will explain what it does, if you are meant to know. You don’t have to reveal what your role is to the other players, nor will I do so in my updates. Then again there is nothing to stop you, so if you feel that it may help prove your innocence, go ahead – just keep in mind that this could also backfire and help the mafia. In other words, claim at your own risk. Likewise, you may lie about who you are if you wish. If you want to use your abilities, PM Rayelek. DO NOT post it in the thread.

- The game is split into two phases, Day and Night. The game begins during the day, and all players (Mafia and Townie alike) post in the thread, deciding who to kill off. Lynching is the only way for the Townies to kill the Mafia, so be sure to examine voting patterns of your fellow players. I might also provide clues in the death write ups, but over-reliance on those is ill-advised as some may be traps. Day phases will last 48 hours unless otherwise noted. Night phases will last 24 hours but may end earlier if all night activities are concluded.

- All voting and discussion is to occur within the thread. Town players may discuss who they think is Mafia, and Mafia members should be trying to bluff/convince/blend in, and generally try not to get voted for. To vote, post Vote: Username (MUST BE IN BOLD AND RED!). You can also change your vote, by typing Change Vote: Username (AGAIN BOLDED AND IN RED!). You can also change your vote to nobody by typing Change Vote: No Vote (IN BOLD AND RED!). You can also choose to vote for No Lynching by using Vote: No Lynch (yeah... BOLDED AND IN RED!), meaning you actively vote to not lynch anyone during that day phase rather than passively not voting at all. You must post in the thread for your vote to be counted. You do not have to vote if you do not wish to.

- A Day Phase is over when the 48 hours runs out, unless otherwise noted. The player with A Majority of the votes will be lynched.

- Night falls after somebody is executed or a no lynch is achieved. During this time, the Mafia can discuss who they want to kill next (using their official Discord server). Abilities are also used during this time. To use an ability, PM the mod (Rayelek), and I will PM you the outcome of the ability if you are to receive one before the following day phase. If it is something serious, like somebody getting killed, we will update it in the thread. If possible though, try to PM us what you want to do as soon after night falls as possible to keep things moving along at a quick pace.

- A new Day phase will begin once the Night write up has been posted, and the cycle repeats itself. The Town players win if all Mafia members are dead, and vice versa. Remember, this is a team effort, so if you think sacrificing someone may help your cause, go ahead.

-Remember, some roles such as investigators and protectors are more valuable to the town – so try to keep them alive!

RULES:

- I know it’s the Dog Pound, but try not to postwhore in the thread anyway. Feel free to trash talk, accuse, call out other players if you want, but if you’re going to vote, at least state some kind of reason as to why you’re doing so.

- Though I can’t force you to post, I’d love to see active participation. I would advise everyone try to check in with this game at least once a day. Things move fast and you can fall behind pretty easily.

- Once you are dead, you stay dead, and may not participate until the game is over. This includes notes found on your corpse, cryptic messages from the dead, etc, etc. You may also not advise the remaining players on what to do – besides, to prevent cheating, I will not provide the dead with any additional information than they would get if they were still alive. Of course, I’m willing to listen to your theories as to what’s going on. Likewise, I'd appreciate if those not taking part try not help those playing, though general comments on how things are going would be welcomed in the Sign Up Thread.

- Unless your role PM specifically states otherwise, all players may not discuss game plan, your role, or alignment outside the thread. Of course, I can’t enforce this, but I believe secretly revealing information amongst each other would spoil the game, so try not to do it.

- Players are not allowed to edit their posts in this thread at all, as it allows for those who make mistakes to remove all of the evidence without any effort. Since I can't enforce this, I strongly encourage all players to scrutinize any posts they notice that have been edited.

-Players are not allowed to cut and paste anything straight from the Role PM except the Role title. No cutting and pasting from the body of the PM. You can paraphrase what your Role PM says but that is all.

-Please play your role/alignment and play to win. I will be strict about this, so please don't make me enforce it.

-Not everything is as it seems. If something unexpected happens, feel free to question it to me in private, and if I can, I'll answer.

I reserve the right to mod kill if we find out that any of these rules have been broken. Please remember that you are not the only one playing this game, so don't ruin it for everyone else!

The mod for this game is Rayelek. All PMs regarding abilities, questions or anything else should be sent to him. If you fail to communicate your information then I will go on what I have. You have be warned!

Let us all keep in mind that this is a game and should be an enjoyable experience.

Game Specific Rules

*A graveyard discord will be available for those who have died. However dead players must wait 1 phase to be invited in case they are resurrected.

*Some characters and creatures will be tougher to kill. Those players can functionally be assumed to be protected once each night. When a kill is said to bypass protection, that means it by passes 1 instance of protection. If a character that is tougher to kill is also protected, it may still survive a kill that bypasses protection. If a character is targeted by more than 1 kill in the same night, a protection will only protect against 1 kill. So stacking protections may be wise for particularly valuable members of the town. (EXAMPLE 1: a player is protected twice, and targeted by a kill that bypasses protection. The player lives...EXAMPLE 2: a player is tougher to kill, and targeted by 2 killers in a night. The player will die.)

The Residents of Ellin's Grove

1. Destiny

2. BHK1978

3. Leion

4. Zergon

5. lukess11

6. Eternal Phoenix

7. Tha Black Phenom

8. Emark

9. DeadCeleb

10. bak42

11. hellshock70

12. Imarevenant

13. Eliphas

14. Too Sweet Spartan

15. moon_lit_tears

16. djthefunkchris

17. Rabbitman

Reserves

1. michgcs

The Graveyard

1. Rayelek - Mac Donald, Ellin's Grove Aligned Farmer

History of Ellin's Grove

Day Phase 1

Night Phase 1 - Deaths of Leion & lukess11

Day Phase 2 (lukess11 & Leion were resurrected on this day)

Guest Eliphas
Helllo everyone, hopefully nothing emerges and I can actually be active in this game. I apologize for the last game. Things out of my control.

Guest Eliphas
Reading the n0 writeup, looks like we have multiple threats to contend with. Unless I misread there's at least 3. Thoughts?

In a mountain cave, a mind wanders.

"Death and destruction are coming...I will have my revenge on those 'adventurers' and that whole vile town."

Deep in the forest, a monstrous creature snarls as it fades to sleep. Soon everything it wanted would be his.

In a dark back room of the tavern, a small group meets. Their conversation is in hushed tones, and there is no drink in front of them. Suddenly light shines into the dimly lit room as a door to the main hall opens. A man pokes his head in.

"Excuse me, is someone in here?

A dark blast eminates from the table, from who it isn't clear. It strikes the unfortunate man in the chest, and he falls to the ground. A trap door is opened beneath the table and the room rapidly empties.

Rayelek is dead. He was Mac Donald, Ellin's Grove Aligned Farmer.

Looks like three threats you're right, the last one reminds me of the culty groups, Illuminati etc, but doubt there's a cult in a game of this size.

Reading the n0 writeup, looks like we have multiple threats to contend with. Unless I misread there's at least 3. Thoughts?

Hi Eliphas, good to see you back.

Yeah, looks like three differend threats. Guessing the group is the mafia and the person in the cave and monsterous creature are likely third parties.

The guy staggering around with bottle on hand is interesting, sounds kind of not important but guess that can´t be right as why would he be in the write-up if he isn´t important character.

Also, multiple night kills look likely with Rayelek bothering to specifically mention that protection only protects from one kill so hopefully people won´t die out too quickly this time (no six kills on night 1 this time please :p) although I guess resurrections help there a bit.

Checking in and off to a conference. Will be monitoring while out as I can.

Not a conference in a dark little back room I hope? Rev, nice change for your first vote of the game not to be on me. With that I'm off to bed, will catch up in the morning.

I'm here too, yay me! ME! ME! ME! :p

Just want to take a moment to emphasize the game specific rules:

*A graveyard discord will be available for those who have died. However dead players must wait 1 phase to be invited in case they are resurrected.

Good luck reviver person, if you're town.

Breaking this next part down into bullet points:

*Some characters and creatures will be tougher to kill. Those players can functionally be assumed to be protected once each night. When a kill is said to bypass protection, that means it by passes 1 instance of protection.

*If a character that is tougher to kill is also protected, it may still survive a kill that bypasses protection. If a character is targeted by more than 1 kill in the same night, a protection will only protect against 1 kill. So stacking protections may be wise for particularly valuable members of the town. (EXAMPLE 1: a player is protected twice, and targeted by a kill that bypasses protection. The player lives...EXAMPLE 2: a player is tougher to kill, and targeted by 2 killers in a night. The player will die.)

So it's a little different than some past games. As co-dragon with Ray we had a "get out of death free" card to use for only the first time one of us died. As mafia godfather I had a "you can't die until one of your team members does" which worked infinitely until that condition was met.

Reading this, I'd assume there's a mixture of both in this game. One-shot "make yourself tougher for tonight" as well as permanent "you'll need 2 kills to actually die" roles.

I'm curious if that only applies to night stuff given that town's main weapon will always be lynching. Either way, a lot of questions that I'm interested to see answered as this game plays out. Fun to actually be a townie again for once, too.

To the question that TSS had, I'd hope that lynches are going to go through regardless of how strong the character is. Morning all.

Morning Destiny, hopefully we are on the same side this time. With all the stuff going on at night, I doubt it would be that simple. But I trust that Ray knows what he is doing and won't mess with us too much.

That was what I was thinking as well.

Looks like three threats you're right, the last one reminds me of the culty groups, Illuminati etc, but doubt there's a cult in a game of this size.

Game of 17, I was thinking possibly three scum, one or two SK. That might be excessive (three kills I mean) but from what information we have gotten thus far in the write-up that was what I was thinking could be the possible makeup of the non-town related groups.

Good to see you've checked in DJ. Unfortunately I'll be in a mountain cave by the time you get back so will catch up with you at the weekend sometime.

I fixed it for you there.