Ellin's Grove: Dragons & Demons [Game Thread]

Rayelek

Game of 17, I was thinking possibly three scum, one or two SK. That might be excessive (three kills I mean) but from what information we have gotten thus far in the write-up that was what I was thinking could be the possible makeup of the non-town related groups.

Considering the resurrection possibilities and the tougher to kill roles, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a large number of killing roles

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the resurrection possibilities and the tougher to kill roles, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a large number of killing roles

Okay there is no way for this post to not come across as padding my post count (which I swear I am not trying to do here) but you bring up a valid point. It makes sense that if there are hard to kill townies the scum team would probably have multiple kills.

Game of 17, I was thinking possibly three scum, one or two SK. That might be excessive (three kills I mean) but from what information we have gotten thus far in the write-up that was what I was thinking could be the possible makeup of the non-town related groups.

3 - 4 scum, 2 third parties with at least one likely being SK is what I´m looking at so pretty much same as you.

Now this is just me speculating but I wonder if one of the third parties could have resurrect ability? Basically I´m thinking of necromancer type idea, so kind of like cult but only able to recruit recently dead people instead of living ones. Not sure if that even makes any sense since I don´t have experience on how resurrect works in these games so this is just something that popped into my mind.

3 - 4 scum, 2 third parties with at least one likely being SK is what I´m looking at so pretty much same as you.

Now this is just me speculating but I wonder if one of the third parties could have resurrect ability? Basically I´m thinking of necromancer type idea, so kind of like cult but only able to recruit recently dead people instead of living ones. Not sure if that even makes any sense since I don´t have experience on how resurrect works in these games so this is just something that popped into my mind.

Honestly anything is possible. I think this is only the second or third game I have been in where there was a resurrect ability. At the very least it is the second game I have been in where such a thing was possible because I had the power in a previous game. I brought back Gonvick from the dead and he proceeded to dismantle the Scum team.

I had to announce it in the thread when I was going to bring him back to life. I wonder how it is going to happen in this game.

Honestly anything is possible. I think this is only the second or third game I have been in where there was a resurrect ability. At the very least it is the second game I have been in where such a thing was possible because I had the power in a previous game. I brought back Gonvick from the dead and he proceeded to dismantle the Scum team.

I had to announce it in the thread when I was going to bring him back to life. I wonder how it is going to happen in this game.

The main thing I´m unsure of is the timing of when it happens. I´d assume it´s next day/night phase after someone dies when the resurrection happens? So I assume we get to know dead persons aligment before they are resurrected right?

If so that makes it bit unlikely for scum team to have that ability since the resurrected scum would likely be lynched again next phase and that made me wonder if aligment changes were possible in order to keep people guessing which lead to necromancer idea.

The main thing I´m unsure of is the timing of when it happens. I´d assume it´s next day/night phase after someone dies when the resurrection happens? So I assume we get to know dead persons aligment before they are resurrected right?

If so that makes it bit unlikely for scum team to have that ability since the resurrected scum would likely be lynched again next phase and that made me wonder if aligment changes were possible in order to keep people guessing which lead to necromancer idea.

That was how it worked in the game I brought Gonvick back in. But that does not mean that is how it will work here. I mean Ray could be messing with us and not reveal alignment upon death.

If that is the case, then any member of the town that has that power could end up bringing back Scum from the dead. So really it might all boil down to just how sadistic of a mod Ray can be.:D

I've seen the resurrector role mostly work with someone sending in a message to the mod at any time during the day phase. Sometimes there have been limits as to how far back in the game you can go though.

Yeah, with players having to wait one phase before getting into graveyeard chat, I´d assume that´s the period on how far back resurrecting will work

That was how it worked in the game I brought Gonvick back in. But that does not mean that is how it will work here. I mean Ray could be messing with us and not reveal alignment upon death.

If that is the case, then any member of the town that has that power could end up bringing back Scum from the dead. So really it might all boil down to just how sadistic of a mod Ray can be.:D

Ok, thank you for the answer.

I've seen the resurrector role mostly work with someone sending in a message to the mod at any time during the day phase. Sometimes there have been limits as to how far back in the game you can go though.

That was how it worked in the previous game where I had the ability (at least I think, I mean I had that role probably five or six years ago so my memory is not that great). It was a one-shot and I could only use it on people who were offed the previous day.

Be remiss of me not to mention my resurrector role, where the person I brought back changed alignment........and then got me lynched a couple of phases later, before going on and winning the game.

The git was lucky he's a good friend, or I'd have been ever so permanently upset with him. :p

Bit quiet today, anybody else we're still waiting on hearing from? DJ, finished work yet? Always interested in your thoughts.

Pretty much everyone have checked in at least, I think Eternal Phoenix is the only one who haven´t posted yet.

Bit quiet today, anybody else we're still waiting on hearing from? DJ, finished work yet? Always interested in your thoughts.

I've never played a game like this, I've never played a theme that feels just like D&D. I love it so far.

I'm not going to guess at anything until it happens in game. I am enjoying everyone else's theories though.

How about you? Are you enjoying the theme?

Pretty much everyone have checked in at least, I think Eternal Phoenix is the only one who haven´t posted yet.

Pretty sure he posted he was here but drunk.

Guest Eliphas
Okay there is no way for this post to not come across as padding my post count (which I swear I am not trying to do here) but you bring up a valid point. It makes sense that if there are hard to kill townies the scum team would probably have multiple kills.

Why is the bolded even a thought?

Guest Eliphas

Rayelek is dead. He was Mac Donald, Ellin's Grove Aligned Farmer.

Since the death is flipped in the OG. I am going to assume that the deaths will be flipped the same. I assume we will find out for sure at the SoD2.

/nod. That's what I'm thinking too. As to your question DJ, always good to try something new. I'm going to keep prodding you because the last two times I've done that early game you've ended up scum. Having said that, I'm also off to work now. Hi, TSS.

/nod. That's what I'm thinking too. As to your question DJ, always good to try something new. I'm going to keep prodding you because the last two times I've done that early game you've ended up scum. Having said that, I'm also off to work now. Hi, TSS.

You've done that to me ONLY in games you were town (even when we are both town). So I'm going to say I trust you off the bat this game, and I'm going to try not to let you mess up my thought processes.

@Eliphas, if it were anyone but BHK I would like to think I would have had the same thought. I know he's over paranoid no matter his role, but still, good catch.