Ellin's Grove: Dragons & Demons [Game Thread]

Rayelek

I'm glad to hear that, DJ. No Derek whispering in your ear this time either. As for BHK, its a normal thing for him to say. Coming from anyone else it may be odd, but that's typical BHK.

With what's been posted so far, it's really the only thing off I've noticed so far, as I said probably wouldn't have if not for Eliphas pointing it out though.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay there is no way for this post to not come across as padding my post count (which I swear I am not trying to do here) but you bring up a valid point. It makes sense that if there are hard to kill townies the scum team would probably have multiple kills.
I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't at least one hard to kill scum too. I doubt that monstrous creature is going to go down easily.

Honestly anything is possible. I think this is only the second or third game I have been in where there was a resurrect ability. At the very least it is the second game I have been in where such a thing was possible because I had the power in a previous game. I brought back Gonvick from the dead and he proceeded to dismantle the Scum team.

I had to announce it in the thread when I was going to bring him back to life. I wonder how it is going to happen in this game.

I wish I could remember how it worked for me back in Meme Mafia. I remember that as Pheonix Wright I could object to the lynch of a townie but I never got to use the ability as I was the first townie lynched in that game.

The main thing I´m unsure of is the timing of when it happens. I´d assume it´s next day/night phase after someone dies when the resurrection happens? So I assume we get to know dead persons aligment before they are resurrected right?

If so that makes it bit unlikely for scum team to have that ability since the resurrected scum would likely be lynched again next phase and that made me wonder if aligment changes were possible in order to keep people guessing which lead to necromancer idea.

Unless all we get upon a death is "John Smith is dead."

Since the death is flipped in the OG. I am going to assume that the deaths will be flipped the same. I assume we will find out for sure at the SoD2.

I'm not so sure, Mac Donald over there is the only example of a town role title in the thread. It could very well be that that one is given so the scum know what the town alignment is while the rest are hidden from us.

I agree with the thoughts mentioned earlier about there potentially being 2 SKs. I get that vibe from the D0 writeup, with the second one "not yet awake". We'll see if that's just flavor and it is awake by N1 or if there may need to be some conditions hit for the wandering mind to get focused.

Hi, TSS.

Hi Destiny! :)

@Bak, we'll have to wait and see if we can get to see alignments when someone dies (or if it is delayed until they can't be revived or not at all all game).

Why is the bolded even a thought?

I shall tell you why, mainly because it is me heading people off at the pass. In the last few games I have had people accuse me of padding my post count and not saying anything of substance. I felt that post would be one of the posts that people would point to.

There is no hidden meaning or anything like that. It was just me thinking to myself, "Gee I know people have accused me of padding my post count and there really is not much substance behind this post as I am just agreeing with someone. Maybe I should preemptively point out the fact that I have a feeling people will accuse me so I will point it out."

There was no other deeper meaning. This was not Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.

I shall tell you why, mainly because it is me heading people off at the pass. In the last few games I have had people accuse me of padding my post count and not saying anything of substance. I felt that post would be one of the posts that people would point to.

There is no hidden meaning or anything like that. It was just me thinking to myself, "Gee I know people have accused me of padding my post count and there really is not much substance behind this post as I am just agreeing with someone. Maybe I should preemptively point out the fact that I have a feeling people will accuse me so I will point it out."

There was no other deeper meaning. This was not Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.

Why does it feel that the way you mention it has no deeper meaning makes me think there is one?

But since it is you BHK, I will allow you to pull the wool over my eyes just this once. :D

Why does it feel that the way you mention it has no deeper meaning makes me think there is one?

But since it is you BHK, I will allow you to pull the wool over my eyes just this once. :D

Because from the looks of it, people are just as paranoid as they say I am.:D

Despite the horrifying, tragic death the night before, there was little mind paid by the people of Ellin's Grove to poor, old Mac Donald, or the state of his farm. With little concern, the townspeople and adventurers retired for the night, for better or for worse.

It is now Night Phase 1. Please send all PMs to Rayelek by 9am EST (2pm GMT) on Monday, June 24.

Final Vote Count

BHK1978 - 1 (Imarevenant)

Sleep

noun

A condition of body and mind which typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended.

"I was on the verge of sleep"

Synonyms: nap,, rest, siesta, drowse, catnap.

Sleeping is for the weak Rabbitman my dear friend. I ate rabbit a few times in my life, it was delicious.

I have a friend who breeds rabbit just for foo, and it is indeed delicious. Hopefully, I will be around by the end of the night phase to see the write up.

Night One

The citizens and adventurers depart the tavern and make their ways into the night. Many have tasks on their mind, and go their separate ways.

===============================

A sneaky man works his way through town from house to house, ducking in, ducking out, and examining his prizes.

A delicate elf in flowing robes sits in her home, hands waving and magical energies flowing.

A huge figure flies across the top of the town, blocking out the moon and darkening the night. With a roar, it blasts a house, which burns and crumbles to pieces. A woman runs into the street and to the wreckage, bursting into tears, screaming, "My daughter!" As the woman breaks down into a heap of tears and sobs, the town leaves their homes and gathers around, joining in mourning this tragedy.

A few are noticeably absent from the tragic scene elsewhere in town. In a home, a man lies peacefully in his bed, a magical slumber providing pleasant dreams. It makes it much easier for the hooded man to simply walk in, and blast him with a burst of dark energy, bringing the man's life to an end.

Leion is dead. He was Sophia Nyx, Ellin's Grove Aligned Innocent Child.

lukess11 is dead. He was Vincent Grey, Ellin's Grove Aligned Sheriff.

Guest Eliphas
Night One

A huge figure flies across the top of the town, blocking out the moon and darkening the night. With a roar, it blasts a house, which burns and crumbles to pieces. A woman runs into the street and to the wreckage, bursting into tears, screaming, "My daughter!" As the woman breaks down into a heap of tears and sobs, the town leaves their homes and gathers around, joining in mourning this tragedy.

A few are noticeably absent from the tragic scene elsewhere in town. In a home, a man lies peacefully in his bed, a magical slumber providing pleasant dreams. It makes it much easier for the hooded man to simply walk in, and blast him with a burst of dark energy, bringing the man's life to an end.

Leion is dead. He was Sophia Nyx, Ellin's Grove Aligned Innocent Child.

lukess11 is dead. He was Vincent Grey, Ellin's Grove Aligned Sheriff.

Not a good night. The innocent child and the sheriff.